ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
-2 years this August without a cigarette, so what do I do? Relapse into a tasty Skoal Mint habit from college. Good news is the lass found a spitter of mine and reacted as could be expected. Probably table that activity for another 14 years or so.

-Tensions are (rightfully) pretty GD high in this country. A little spillover here during the summer is to be expected. I'll keep it to myself, but good Lord some of you scare the complete shit out of me.

-Mashed last night. Another W. A little over .500 and a darkhorse for July's playoffs.

-I certainly respect the sun and all of the health issues it can cause (including death), but man I do enjoy a deep tan and look good with one. A life goal is to carry a tan year round starting on my 50th birthday for I intend to be a man of leisure someday. SPF 8-15 for Dad.

-Anyone wear a ring other than their wedding band?

-Pulling for the Germans in the World Cup. Relived to not have to support our crew of flunkies. Nice to back a winner. America sucks.

-CITY with a win over a real life MLS team last night. Not bad.

-UK COMPLAINT: They really need to freshen up the field at the Kroge. Logo and paint look like shit.

Last edited:
My grandmother (daughter of a German soldier) fell in love with grandfather (US Army) post occupation. She left her home in Germany and moved to Podunk KY. They have been married for over 60 years.

There is not a worse place to turn in/out in Lexington then the Brannon Kroger. Whoever built that entrance should DIAF immediately. Excited for the new Drakes only for the close proximity to drinking, menu is terrible.

Thinking about trying this new boxing club Cal is hocking on FB. Looks nice and I'm fat.

Stoops still seems to have no respect from his guys. That has always worried me the most he just doesn't have the "it" leadership skills like Bob Stoops. The game manager stuff maybe will come maybe commanding respect as well?

Headed to DC in a few weeks for golf with friends look forward to getting smashed in Adams Morgan and discussing my political views.

:americanflag:

Reactions: anthonys735
Wednesday Shotes

-PTI(pti) should move back here and start the November Project. Seems cool, I'd be down for something like that.

-Kicked off my summer Fiction reading at the pool yesterday w/ 'Origin' from Dan Brown. 100 pages in, right on par with his others. Something about his style & controversial 'forbidden' religious topics just really draws me in - just very entertaining, imo.

Been on reading hiatus for the past year compared to normal - open to other suggestions, as this one won't take me long. Novel guy in the summer.

-Had a revelation in my golf swing that's way too golf nerd to talk much about here, but figured out where that 10-15 yards went. Basically not coming off the ball...like, at all. Knew I wasn't that old...yet.

-Vegas do that to you, SAE? I've smoked a handful of drunken times since I quit last March, and they all involve 1.) assistbyhawkins 2.) Casina. Do not miss it one bit in everyday normal life, however -- my anxiety, which was relatively new for me & worsening all the time, has all but completely gone away.

-Guess this FC win last night was pretty big? Still haven't been to a game down there, but I'm not opposed to it. Marcus Welby wait for the new stadium.

-Egg Roll in a Bowl for lunch today. Lass makes it once a week over the past few months, nice new addition to the rotation. A little Sambal mixed in. :fire:

-Great read here:

Reactions: SAECATFAN
-Not Vegas. New neighborhood with a drinking buddy from Owensboro living directly across the street. Strikingly similar to when I picked it up in college with a drinking buddy from Owensboro living across the hall at Kirwan. :(

-Justin Thomas IS that dude. Man... what a treat he'll be to watch for a long time.

Reactions: B.B.d.K.
Thinking about trying this new boxing club Cal is hocking on FB. Looks nice and I'm fat.

Anth was also promoting last week so pretty big deal. My trainer does a few classes and helped Royce launch it. They have a legit steam room, I'm trying to get them to allow me to have a steam room only membership.They don't seem to be buying it. First 3 classes are free and I'm told without strings, which I don't believe.

DfBEGxfWAAEoOsC.jpg

Reactions: GrandePdre
FRANCE. My cousin and former NYC roommate snagged a French I-banker (while working as a English-degreed bartender) and now lives in Paris and summers in the countryside at one of their various family homes (in France / Italy) all while jet setting every other month. He is the most American French guy you could ever meet (capitalist obviously), loves American football, took up golfing, etc. He now works for a small hedge fund outfit that hedge funds against hedge funds somehow ??? - Mathematics degree from the Sorbonne, etc.

Our sons are the same age and his neices and nephews already went to Burlington KY’s Camp Ernst for years (by coincidence) so we are setting our boys up for summer kid swaps in the future. Boy is that kid in for a rude awakening when it comes to his end of the deal, can you imagine?

“Hey kid, nice life in Paris / Tuscany huh? You ever had a chilito?...” Man.

Anth was also promoting last week so pretty big deal. My trainer does a few classes and helped Royce launch it. They have a legit steam room, I'm trying to get them to allow me to have a steam room only membership.They don't seem to be buying it. First 3 classes are free and I'm told without strings, which I don't believe.

anth going 3rd person. Ugh.

That guy is THE worst.

Only one of those I could MAYBE put UT over is TAMU, but that’s only because it seems like TAMU has historically been, at best, second biggest program in their own state while UT. That’s probably not as big of a deal now with Texas being down, TAMU in the SEC, hiring Jimbo Fischer away, etc.

Potentially Tenn is maybe a better job than TAMU but that’s about it.

Even if it’s kinda close, A&M gets a big nod on recruiting base. Clemson and UGA becoming elite effectively walls UT out of the top guys in S. Carolina and Georgia. Huge issue for UT.

FRANCE. My cousin and former NYC roommate snagged a French I-banker (while working as a English-degreed bartender) and now lives in Paris and summers in the countryside at one of their various family homes (in France / Italy) all while jet setting every other month. He is the most American French guy you could ever meet (capitalist obviously), loves American football, took up golfing, etc. He now works for a small hedge fund outfit that hedge funds against hedge funds somehow ??? - Mathematics degree from the Sorbonne, etc.

Our sons are the same age and his neices and nephews already went to Burlington KY’s Camp Ernst for years (by coincidence) so we are setting our boys up for summer kid swaps in the future. Boy is that kid in for a rude awakening when it comes to his end of the deal, can you imagine?

Counterpoint: Camp Ernst is awesome

Joey knows a rich guy that lives in France.

(for the rest of you who don't want to read this)

The dodgers are looking at 15-0 tonight and a spot in the league championship Friday night under the lights - dad can’t concentrate on work and his health is suffering from the anxiety. A little snus would go a long way to help, however I had my back right tooth pulled out on Friday and have a stitched up mess going on in my gums right now. F*ckn mashing szn

B Rax, the undefeated Angels pulled out a 3-2 come from behind win last night in the bottom of the 6th. Walk off 2 RBI single with 2 outs. I feel your pain and anxiety.

Just keep grinding and mashing and it will all work out. :baseball:

Last edited:
Reactions: B Rax
Zero documented cases of snus causing cancer, per my research. (Not to say I don't hide it from the wife, however.)

Snus basically was made for lawyers. A small glimmer of discreet and satisfying sunshine to help you break through the interminable hell.

I’ve rocked one through an entire deposition before and no one was any the wiser.

Reactions: woodfordandwater
Snus basically was made for lawyers. A small glimmer of discreet and satisfying sunshine to help you break through the interminable hell.

I’ve rocked one through an entire deposition before and no one was any the wiser.

* Haven't gone that far, but I do have one in 90% of the time I'm in the office or car. And there's no evidence whatsoever, save the styrofoam spitter on my desk that everybody looks at with disgust whenever they come in my office.

* Oh my goodness what a uniform.

DfBfqNqWkAEffSo.jpg

I don't trust a man who takes snuff. I say this as someone who was at one point the lowest man on a construction crew and jackoffs would spit chew into the garbage I had to sort.

So everyone who snuffs can DIAF, imo.

Red Man for Dad when I sneak my nicotine. Concealability takes a backseat when you're on a bullet train to Flavor Country

DYlIJkZWkAAZKcJ.jpg
I played Little League with Catfish’s son. Both the son (9) and daughter (5ish) chewed tobacco at our games...a little odd look in NJ.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT