ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two questions for the brilliant basketball minds of GYERO:

1. How good is this Warriors team, historically speaking? How would they fare against Duncan's best Spurs teams? Against Shaq & Kobe Lakers? Against Jordan's Bulls? Against the 80s Celtics and Lakers?

2. How do you construct a team that can beat them? Lebron + Houston? Lebron + Philly's young talent? Houston with Anthony Davis added? Houston with Demarcus Cousins added?

1) The Warriors aren’t as good as they were last year and their bench is downright trash. But last year’s squad was world class. I’d put that team in the top 3 all-time with 86 Celtics and 96 Bulls. I’d rank their collective 3 titles in four years run only second behind the Bulls’ 6 over 8.

2) Houston plus AD would beat them - hell, Houston with Chris Paul could have been enough. I’m not sure if LeBron and Hardin would play well together.

april-25-at-10-01pm-i-bet-you-wont-share-this-15414210.png

Every time I see this on my FB feed being shared unironicaly it puts me in a great mood.
I never understood what a picture of Obi-Wan Kenobi has to do with Jesus.

Another one of golf’s asinine rules that need to be changed.

Emma Talley did the same thing, cost her winning 4 consecutive state titles.

-Bourbon Tasting last night post golf league. Pappy 20, Blanton's, IW Harper, William Larue Weller, OldFo Statesman, Blade & Bow -- Shew

Last edited:
From a “let’s see how these pieces fit” good basketball standpoint I’d rather see Lebron go to Philly than Houston.

Yeah - would be very cool to see. I would love to see how he plays with Ben Simmons as they have a similar position and skill set (albeit James can shoot and is significantly better). The rest of the pieces in Philly seem to be complimentary to his game.

I'd really like to see James on the Celtics for three reasons:
  1. They're my favorite team
  2. Brad Stevens and his current roster plus LeBron would be a lot of fun to watch
  3. Kyrie would lose his shit

Cottage Inn on Saturday’s only.

Not a huge fan of it, but that is the one place I’d order it from.

Omaha Steaks have the most persistent and annoying customer service people I've ever encountered. They just won't take no for an answer.

If you're going to put an asterisk on guys who played in the NBA in the 70s because so many dudes in the league were on coke at the time, then you have to do the same thing from the era that started when the league added the Raptors and Grizzlies and stopped when Ron Artest went into the stands in Detroit, because that's bad basketball, playoff games in the 70s on the regular, bad contracts, roughly 10 Robert Swifts coming out of high school for every Kevin Garnett, USA lost in the Olympics, the Knicks were good, etc.

So yeah, the Warriors beat the 1996 Bulls. They have a tougher time with the 1992 Bulls.

Currently on ESPN Classic they're playing Kentucky at South Carolina from February 2012. If there were ever one regular season game that convinced me that a team was going to win the whole thing, that was it. 22-8-8 blocks for Anthony Davis on 9-9 shooting, and I think all 9 were either lob or rebound dunks. That was the first time my dad ever said that they better hurry up and beat us.

What do you basketballs out there think of Trae Young as a pro? I'm asking because it's happening. My franchise has fallen in love, I'm trying to talk myself into it and can't.

Reactions: B.B.d.K.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT