ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think my favorite thing about tonight was that pathetic, soft, baby Kentucky outrebounded rough, rugged and experienced Texas A&M on a night where there weren't a ton of rebounds to go around. Just by 1, but who cares.

What we're seeing with PJ Washington is just a typical freshman development trajectory. Very normal. He's played well lately.

Feel like Washington has figured it out and turned a corner. Those are probably the best bigs we’ll play all year and he was right there giving it hell all night. He may have a few bad games still, but I don’t think he’s going back to his bumbling self from the beginning of the year.

Now, if Richards can get the Richards out of his ass and give us something, we’ll be on course.

I don’t see this team as particularly soft, but Knox sure is. He’s really good and we need him, but he’s got to grow up a bit. Dude is so much like Tayshaun, it’s unreal.

Cal is really happy with Washington these days and I don’t blame him. Really like what he’s giving us.

Reminds me of the Wall/Boogie year. Freshman heavy, and everyone of them went through a rough patch where Cal kinda focused on getting them right and one by one they were coming out of a 3-4 game slump better then ever. Even remember Cal spending extra time with Wall because he'd have a rough few games. Washington now gets it, lights on. SGA gets it, lights on. He working on Knox right now, and i think one Knox starts playing ball again instead of thinking we'll start looking like we know what TF were doing. I'm not sure Richards has that moment this year. Just like the Wall te, Cal's gotta get them having fun again.

Extremely impressed with a shorthanded win against a desperate, tough, talented, A&m team when we couldn't guard a chair. It doesn't feel that way but this team is close...

LaChance McWhitecock still playing for Vandy? Assuming they've got several annoying turds who will shoot lights out Saturday.

Reactions: wcc31
Reminds me of the Wall/Boogie year. Freshman heavy, and everyone of them went through a rough patch where Cal kinda focused on getting them right and one by one they were coming out of a 3-4 game slump better then ever. Even remember Cal spending extra time with Wall because he'd have a rough few games. Washington now gets it, lights on. SGA gets it, lights on. He working on Knox right now, and i think one Knox starts playing ball again instead of thinking we'll start looking like we know what TF were doing. I'm not sure Richards has that moment this year. Just like the Wall te, Cal's gotta get them having fun again.

Richards is kinda like the Orton of the Wall/Cousins team except he starts. And doesn't really block the occasional shot here and there. And doesn't blatantly goaltend because WTF not...

I hate coachs just saying players have to play hard and be tougher, but that really is the formula for Knox. He is lazy and soft as hell. Maybe Cal's mind games will start working on him.

Sounds like Cal is building up the hype train for a gameday return for JV so he can use a national stage to get media talking about him.

I hate coachs just saying players have to play hard and be tougher, but that really is the formula for Knox. He is lazy and soft as hell. Maybe Cal's mind games will start working on him.

Sounds like Cal is building up the hype train for a gameday return for JV so he can use a national stage to get media talking about him.

By mid February, we’re going to start hearing about how Richards has turned the corner and has been dominating practice.

By mid February, we’re going to start hearing about how Richards has turned the corner and has been dominating practice.

I think he will continue to improve, but I highly doubt that.

SKJ is the better and TOUGHER player right now, which is what Cal is desperately pleading for -- he should be C1 for the time being.

-Still can't believe that Hogg dagger didn't drop. :eyes: (I love that dude, btw)

-The OMG PRODUCT may be down or whatever, but there are multiple great games/matchups across cbb every night this year, which I find awesome.

-Games like last night are why you need some 3-4 year guys. You know, the ones that many of you *completely* write off after they aren't dominating 15 (or even 45) games into their college basketball careers.

-Weather pussy balls celebrating the 50 degree swamp conditions today, I hope. This is what happens when it's 'warm' in January, so please enjoy!!

Diallo's game seems to have flown under the radar a bit -- he was great, and if he'd not missed every one of his And-1 attempts, he'd had 25.

My favorite play of the game was his straight line dash from the wing to the middle of the zone drawing 3 defenders, and dish to PJ for the wide open baseline jam. Reminded me of Dom Hawkins (who typically opted for the floater). That's such a simple winning play in the half-court, and I bet we've seen it less than 5 times all season.

More of that, please.

-very good win last night.

-turned down last minute offer for 2nd row behind visitors bench. Made a commitment to my eldest...had to follow through.

-mil moving. Rediscovered a bunch of framed/signed pin flags i had stored in her basement during our last move. Cool stuff...but i will likely get rid of them as I havent golfed in 4 years and dont plan to do so soon.

Reactions: wcc31
-Dom would be great on this team. Obviously, Matthews would help as well.

-Even hating dead of winter, whiskey certainly tastes better during it.

-Agree on Hogg, damn fine CBB player.

-If we get Vanderbilt back it really realizes the pressure on both sides for Richards. I'd get him a few minutes this weekend if he's really back. No sense throwing him to the wolves vs UF.

-I love the team, after initially being very down on them preseason. Maybe b/c I came in with low expectations but they play hard, maybe not smart all the time, they're gritty, coach-able, seem like good kids.

Reactions: roguemocha
I think he will continue to improve, but I highly doubt that.

SKJ is the better and TOUGHER player right now, which is what Cal is desperately pleading for -- he should be C1 for the time being.

-Still can't believe that Hogg dagger didn't drop. :eyes: (I love that dude, btw)

-The OMG PRODUCT may be down or whatever, but there are multiple great games/matchups across cbb every night this year, which I find awesome.

-Games like last night are why you need some 3-4 year guys. You know, the ones that many of you *completely* write off after they aren't dominating 15 (or even 45) games into their college basketball careers.

-Weather pussy balls celebrating the 50 degree swamp conditions today, I hope. This is what happens when it's 'warm' in January, so please enjoy!!

Was commenting on the Cal hype train moreso than Richards actually dominating.

Remember when Jeff Sheppard- who had started for bits and pieces of his Fr/Soph years redshirted his true senior year for no real reason besides patience?

...Then led us to a national title as a 5th year senior?

-
-mil moving. Rediscovered a bunch of framed/signed pin flags i had stored in her basement during our last move. Cool stuff...but i will likely get rid of them as I havent golfed in 4 years and dont plan to do so soon.

Well, who are they from?

What does not golfing in 4 years have to do with having signed pin flags? When is the last time you played basketball or football, and do you have a bunch of cool signed stuff from those sports that you want to get rid of as well?

uk_Adrian@yahoo.com

SGA's stat line last night:) He's had 4 assists or more in 6 straight games. Get everyone to play with his effort and intensity and we will be a tough out in March/April. Still have 2 months to work on that...

So impressed with PJ's turn around. He is now what we thought he would be and honestly no telling how good he can be in the tournament for us. His passing ability is a tad underrated, 3rd on team in assists behind the pg's. He's also cut his turnovers in half the last 8 games.

Richards is about as good as Vargas right now. Remember that guy, Eloy Vargas, national champion. I loved it when Cal would play him and Wiltjer at the same time, good times.

Very happy with SKJ's play,getting his opportunity and making the most of it, no more 3's big fella.

Diallo's play in the 2nd half is what we need from him. One thing id like to see us do with him that we have had in past years is the backdoor oop. He also needs to channel his inner John Wall and get some fast break blocks. He has two blocks for the year and with his speed, length and hops he should have more. Pretty much just effort.

Knox, man, its so true that he is lazy. Get him and Diallo going 40 like SGA and we will be fine. Thinking at times he and Diallo need to takeover the game, but hell, SGA seems to be the man doing that. Still feel for us to be the team we need to be he has to take over at times in the tourney. Knox leads us in scoring,rebounding and turnovers right now.

We are (6-0 this season when making at least 50 percent, 10-0 when making at least 46.4 percent,6-0 this season when committing 12 or fewer miscues,are 12-0 this season when winning the battle of the boards)

Cal is 145-6 at Rupp

Remember when Jeff Sheppard- who had started for bits and pieces of his Fr/Soph years redshirted his true senior year for no real reason besides patience?

...Then led us to a national title as a 5th year senior?

The fact that we didn't say eff it and play him after Anderson went down was kind of crazy. We probably would have won the 97 championship but not the 98.

Reactions: roguemocha
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT