ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think last night's annual "SEC vs. everybody else" barrage may have done it. And, of course, the daily existential terror caused by the President's tweets - and the "yay" vs. "boo" responses to them - hasn't helped.

Reactions: MaxPowerrr
* Happy New Year GYERO.

* I like my team. But I think we go 6-3 in January.

* The games yesterday definitely salvaged the SEC's bowl season. Went from "I told you the SEC isn't any good" to "Of course they win championships, the NCAA always makes sure the deck is stacked in the SEC's favor. 2 Teams? Come on." (This morning's diatribe from MichiganFan)

Will be nice boasting about another title for the conference, but it would be nice if it actually did anything for us.

* Suck it Michigan. Suck it Ravens. I hope the whole Harbaugh family, including Clappy Crean has a shitty New Year.

* Wife took down all of the inside Christmas stuff yesterday, except the tree. She asked me about all of the exterior decorations.

Um, yeah, I'll deal with that shit when it is above 20 degrees, beyotch. I don't care if it is after Valentine's Day.

* New Year's Resolution (and warning): Doc Boat and I are coming to next season's first Extrav topless. And we are going to look good. OK, maybe not good, but better.

I'm gonna start working out tomorrow, probably.

* New Year's Resolution #2: I am going to make wcc go to a UK basketball game with me.

* Booker and Geese, I still don't know if I will be coming up to Detroit again this year. I probably will, but a lot depends on if my new commercials are done before then or not.

* Alright, leave me the touch alone. I've got a lot of work to do.

-Best thing about social media is the ability to totally customize it to your liking. Twitter would be the last platform I'd drop.

-I hate UGA and Bama has gone from one of my other teams to hated as well. Glad it pisses B1G fans off but bleh.

-Mayfield is a raging douche but I love when athletes aren't censored. Stop turning them into PC robots.

Stop turning them into PC robots.

Pretty much summed up The Last Jedi, smh.

- The Coaches' Room last night on the U was pretty awesome. Gary Patterson cracked me up. Dude knows his ish and was pretty flustered over OU's defensive alignments all night, lol. Major Applewhite even say a word, though? Pussy. He was Saban's offensive coordinator a couple years IIRC, right?

- Rose Bowl is on my bucket list. My goodness -- what a spectacle. Up there with the Masters as one of the most romanticized sporting events in the world but everyone that has gone always swears by it. I need to make that happen one year when the kids get older. Damn.

- Late but I thought Gabriel changed the UL game late in the 1st half. Seemed to me the first actual time his 'activity' bore fruit for us. Wasn't just senseless head whiplashing and arms flailing. Altered a bunch of shots, sped up the the game into a more friendly frenetic pace, cleaned the glass, got some loose balls, etc... Energized the crowd and gave his guys a much needed boost. Having vets fill in those gaps and doing those little things are crucial to helping your team win a couple games it probably shouldn't have and boosting your seeding enough to get over the hump. However, if he's on the wing though he must not be allowed to dribble whatsoever. Strictly catch & shoot ONLY.

- Washington takes a ton of shit on here but Knox seems to be given a free pass for his last two performances. At least PEEJ can impact the game in other ways if he isn't being an offensive focal point. That come-from-behind block near the baseline he had against UGA was huge. He had another key block late against VA Tech, too. Tommy G can STFU about him already. You're wayyyy off, Steve Dodds. There's tons of knuckleheadedry to go around with 17/18 year old kids but let's cool the jets and let them FAIL FAST(er) lol.

- Selfishly bummed that SGA is taking off because I was hoping he'd be the perfect 'bridge' player for next year's studs. He won't be here now with the way he's trending... GD.

- Maintained weight over Xmas break - amazing. Thanks, Sudafed!

Last edited:
-i don't do histrionics...thats pretty much all social media is.

Therefore:

-only hitler is hitler. Calling others hitler is insulting at best to those who suffered actual atrocities at hitlers behest.

-the gays arent gonna take your guns.

It really ramped up when the Ds demonized McCain, then Romney, as bad human beings. Then along comes Trump, who actually does have some scary qualities, but the Ds had already cried wolf too often. Mix in the rise of social media - where no thought goes unexpressed - at the time this is all happening, and there you have it.

Not saying Rs aren't just as bad, they are, and they overdid it against Obama.

Hyperbole can DIAF, unless it's being used as humor.

/ and that's it for 2018 (semi-)political posts.

Oh, by the way, Bryan the Intern says no more moral victories for UK football in 2018. So I'm pretty stoked about that.

At one point Applewhite asked a question about putting a signal in for a specific down/distance. They all looked at him like he was an idiot. Only other time he talked was to inquire about Snickers in the gift basket.

Really enjoyed it though. I love listening to coaches talking about the shit that 99% of us don't understand.

-If you could only keep one internets I think catpaw is the obvious choice.

-Really, really happy about the Holidays being over. I operate much better with a routine and normalcy.

-Considering a trip to famed Nashville for the Vandy game. Looks like I've got a ticket. Have always wanted to take in a game at Memorial. /richie

-Rye and Patrick's for NYE. Rye was okay... really liked the space, but food was pretty average. Excellent service though, which goes a long long way with me. Crushed "That's Life" at Patrick's. Perhaps my best performance to date.

-Have always loved Tracy Lawrence's "Is That a Tear."

-"Decor was strong but not offensive." Actual feedback from a showing. Thanks, bub! I'm sure your house is a real prize. F outta here.

-I was explaining the new year to my daughter yesterday and told her that basically we get to do it all over again this year... birthdays, beach trip, friends, school, Halloween, etc. She was absolutely pumped. A good little lesson for me. Enjoy the ride.

-Homemade chicken soup this week. Lunch, dinner, snacks, etc. Great way to get the diet back in line.

-March 1 around the effin corner, folks.

Nice lil burn a vacation day the first possible chance I get because for some reason Christmas = Monday/Tuesday off but New Year’s = Friday/Monday off and school = lol come back Wednesday

I love the phrasing that NJT has been "exposed" as if he did something wrong. People are such pansies.
Lol, no shit. Jason Riley/Blakenbaker reporting on it like he's the smoking gun link to Trump/Russia.

He's making fun of UL fans. MAYBE real Jerry Tipton has a little beef but other than that... 29 points.

I liked twitter for about 30 days when it first came out then once every jackwagon started opining, overreacting and social justice warrioring I realized FB already had that covered and I had no use for it.

-i dont need to fool with twitter and such. If anything significant happens in regards to uk sports, you people will post it here. I dont need to know immediately, eventually info will be posted in here if it is of merit. Of course, I am immune to fomo...so **** it.

-Considering a trip to famed Nashville for the Vandy game. Looks like I've got a ticket. Have always wanted to take in a game at Memorial.

I wouldn't be surprised if SAE becomes a card-carrying member of the National Commodore Club within a few years.

Reactions: UKRob 73
-I overuse Facebook. Pretty sure most of you have hidden me from your feed, and I *get* that. Scaling way back on that in 2018. Twitter is my news feed, and I've learned how to navigate the tricky balance between not just using it as an echo chamber vs. not getting all RILED UP at differing takes. I think I'm in a good spot with that for now.

-Between sickness and adjusting to a new reality, the holidays were just weird. Like SAE, I'm glad to be back in a routine.

-Freaking group texts, man.

-All in on Jawja.

-Finally dabbling in Netflix. While all of you watch original content, I'll be over here watching old episodes of "Good Times" and "The White Shadow".

-Reds fans....what would I be looking at in terms of getting a single ticket on Opening Day? That day in Cincy has always been on my sports list, and I might as well knock it out this year, with them facing a solid Nationals squad.

-DV8 Kitchen in Lexington is fantastic food and a great story. I'm a fan.

Reactions: GrandePdre
I’m still waiting for someone to out Mark Blankenbaker aka SHERIFF as some form of an Onionesque parody account. Like, the joke’s really been on us all along.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT