ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
- Had to miss the last 8 minutes of the game because they were throwing us a wedding shower but could see what was coming.

- I mean, F UCLA. They shoot out their azz against us. If I never see Welsh or Holiday again, I’ll be thrilled.

- I’ shocked by how terrible Washington has been. Even his “good” games haven’t impressed me. He’s a coach’s son? Zero basketball IQ, fundamentals or hustle.

- Cal miscalculated badly on Trae Young. Sometimes in basketball- one player is better than the collection and his mere presence makes others better (Mash for instance).

- I can handle a shit game from a freshman...but not a constant team-weakening issue like Green’s defense. Allowing penetration in basketball is akin to not being able to stop the run in football. It cripples your entire system.

- Love Knox but he needs to be more assertive.

- We need Vanderbilt for his effort and smarts alone.

- All right back to Old Fort Bay and the turquoise blue waters of the Caribbean for dad. Y’all have a Merry Christmas Eve.

I’ shocked by how terrible Washington has been. Even his “good” games haven’t impressed me. He’s a coach’s son? Zero basketball IQ, fundamentals or hustle.

Biggest surprise of the season, imo. Second biggest turd sandwich is Quade Green being an *epically* awful defender thus far.

I did not see either coming.

In general I thought this team would be pretty advanced on defense despite the youth and painful at times on offense...its pretty much the opposite.

When we aren’t turning it over (which is a massive problem) we are a pretty efficient offensive team but we guard no one, no one. Really concerning.

Yup. What happened to the dream of having 6'6 - 6'9 interchangeable jumping jacks guarding all over the court and switching everything?

For all that we did wrong yesterday, if we cut the 2nd chance points in half, we likely win. Goes hand in hand with missing out on 50/50 balls. That usually improves with experience but it's also the type of shit that sends you home tourney time. Vanderbilt should help immensely in that area. That's where we really miss Hawkins.

Last edited:
How close are we getting to the point that it doesn't matter whether or not Vanderbilt can suit up?

On paper he should be a huge asset because his ballhandling could allow us to reduce Green's minutes and let Gilgeous be the primary point guard defender.

On the other hand, it is always easy to believe that the hyped up stud who isn't playing is better than the current guys and, also, trying to fit a new player into the rotation in the spring semester can backfire.

My boy Swede is up to 60k on the gofundme. Pretty amazing. Hopefully they get him out of there with a quickness. He’s actually got a legit chance of a meaningful recovery if they can operate soon.

Merry Christmas.

Reactions: roguemocha
First xmas with my daughter, was up last night till midnight putting together god awful toys and cursing, talking about she probably won't even know what the hell is going on. Her big smile this morning made it all worth it, I'm doomed for the foreseeable future, and I'm very thankful. Merry xmas GYERO, hope everyone has a great one!

My wife told my daughters that they could open presents as soon as they woke up. I loudly protested, stating that no one could come downstairs until 8 AM.

“Relax honey,” said my wife. “They haven’t woken up before 8 AM since school got out. Besides they’re all up late.” (it was 10:30 when we had this conversation).

Boom... 6 AM, the oldest one wakes up her alarm, and then wakes up the other two, one of which just turned 2. Ugh.

The meltdown started around 9, but by 10 I apologized and smoothed things over with the family.

Reactions: wcc31 and Mash 2.4
Merry Christmas, GYERO.

Can’t wait for my kids copy of Battlefront II to finish updating so we can enjoy our Christmas tradition of getting blown up by DANKbudz420$$69 in a tie fighter!
Its pretty fantastic flying in tie fighters and x-wings but the way they try to get you to pay for your upgrades is lame. Still fun though. Merry Christmas gang.

Man this Out of The Blue/Kentucky is superb. Chills multiple times. Highly recommend reliving that season and watching it.

tubby_smith3.jpg

Merry Christmas folks.

Last edited:
I need some good book recs. Finishing up Dan Browns new thriller tomorrow. What’s good these days, GYERO?

Got two Ron Chernow bios for Christmas (Washington and Grant) so that’ll take me until spring to read most likely as they tend to be dense af

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT