ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Uniwatch: The all orange Broncos junts are terrible, but the darker blue helmets with old logo should be their year round choice

Yeah. I mean, I'll probably see the new star war at some point, but only to get out of the house for a while and relax.

Reactions: SAECATFAN
Barry's was solid. Definitely the best cheesesteak in town. Enjoyed the creamy American White cheese spin. Its not Pat's or Geno's but it gets a huge thumbs up. Hope he can continue to do well.

Friday Shorts:

- Not sure if the old office Christmas party throwdown is coming to an end or not but the lassie’s conpany still does it up big. Always a cool venue for dad to grab a free buzz. Last night was at GABP.

- Interested to see how the pups play tomorrow. Season is about to get real.

- All right Millennial Basketball Writer Geek, you don’t have to use “unicorn” in every piece. Starting to really hate what Bill Simmons has begotten.

- Another year another eligibility issue with a ballyhooed Kansas freshman. Of course, this pattern is never mentioned by the media.

- Time will tell if Cal played the game correctly but damn it would have been fun watching Trae Young every game.

I know the scene you're talking about UCL. Here you go...SPOILER ALERT!

giphy-downsized-large.gif

-So I feel better from congestion for 1 day and then boom stomach bug finds me. That sucker is making it's rounds. Explains my crankiness yesterday. 36 hours on some crackers and a ham sammich(bad call). Feeling good today though.

-Has MLS looked at Cincinnati? They realize sending any professional franchise to that city is certain doom? The proof of how they handle professional teams is there in the open with decades of shit. SMH.

-Outrage Outrage.

-Be intersting to see where these attendance issues take us. Obviously they're not going to get better without; more big match ups, comfortable facilities, good wifi, shorter games, booze, more scoring, better food, cheaper tickets. That's a lot to change when it's really easy to just sit your ass on the couch, order pizza and drink beer with super clear picture for a fraction of the cost.

-Finishing up Destiny of a Republic by Candace Millard. Fascinating book about James Garfield and his assassination and botched medical care after the shooting. She's great and actually pretty condensed as opposed to some in that genre that are so long winded. Highly recommend. That era always intrigues me. I'll be back to her again. Next up Leonardo Da Vinci .

I think the #1 biggest culprit is the schedule. Calipari, for good reason, loves the big promotion neutral site games. Unfortunately, that often draws the best matchups away from Lexington, leaving the Rupp schedule little more than a weak SEC slate and a bunch of cupcakes.

Kinda hard to convince fans to pay that much money when you take away the best games, in addition to all the other competing factors.

I wish I had more time to read. But that would require me spending less time with my kids, less time playing FIFA, or less time on Cat Paw. And I'm not giving those 3 things up. Even though most of us are not big into sports anymore b/c they suck...we all love Cat Paw.
I read <30 minutes before bed every night. Knock a book out every few weeks.

I've tried that, but I'm literally asleep within 10 minutes of getting into bed, often less. We put the kids to bed starting at 9pm, and the next 45 minutes is usually chaos...get in bed...OUT.

Reactions: Wodie Sloot
I think the #1 biggest culprit is the schedule. Calipari, for good reason, loves the big promotion neutral site games. Unfortunately, that often draws the best matchups away from Lexington, leaving the Rupp schedule little more than a weak SEC slate and a bunch of cupcakes.

Kinda hard to convince fans to pay that much money when you take away the best games, in addition to all the other competing factors.

I was called everything but a white man for complaining about this last year. Kentucky Basketball is an AAU team with great travel packages. Is what it is. Why I mostly stick with Kentucky Football these days.

Saw the Star War last night - thumbs up. One scene, in particular, I could watch on a loop for 30 minutes.
Is Kylo a big bitchboi in this one as well? Think Vader would have let that girl and a defective storm trooper get away?

Trying to decide if I want to wait to watch this one on DVR or actually go to the theater for the first time in 5 years for a noncartoon movie.

I can't imagine just sitting somewhere and listening to a voice read out loud, seems really weird, also imagine you look like a complete weirdo doing it as you have to really pay attention. Or maybe you're doing it in your car?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT