ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did not go to DOSS. I just like the name.

I am a Boone County Rebel - A mascot chosen by students as the James Dean character, but rebranded by administrators as the Southern Confederate kind (to be less controversial). Nice work, 1950’s!

Per my experience at late 90's KY track meets, DOSS* is the coolest named school in the Commonwealth, imo.

I have no earthly idea about any other aspect of its existence.

*Said like "BAWSE"

How would you feel if I mocked that squirrel sausage you ate in EKy growing up bro? Wouldn’t feel too good would it?

Speaking of German heritage, apparently I have none, which was a surprise. I may rethink this whole goetta thing.

Been doing a little family tree/genealogy research. No only am I (maybe) not German, but not black (as has been suggested by a couple of Gyero peeps), Jewish, Native American (rumor from my Dad's side) or Scottish.

My limited research says I should be 50% French (Alsace-Lorraine), 25% Irish and 25% Welsch. I filled a test tube with spit and sent it away the other day to find out for sure.

And my real last name should probably be Veers.

Anyone else ever done 23andMe.com or similar DNA testing? I think it is pretty cool.

Reactions: rudd1
- no surprise that the cake-eaters of our lot don't appreciate goetta. Born of working class ingenuity and need, it is a shining example of what makes this country great.

-If it were not an old fashioned food, if instead an effete hipster "chef" of a one word (non plural) gastro pub had come up with the idea...the same that are scoffing would be rife with adulation.

My Aunt (Dad’s sister) did that DNA thing and it said she was a direct descendant of King Louis XVI.

I’m almost 100% certain they randomly select someone semi famous or an historical figure from centuries ago and tell everyone they are a descendant of someone they would’ve heard of. Because at some point down the line, I’m sure they are.

Pretty sure most of us came from Genghis Khan’s ballsack.

Reactions: Mashburned
My Aunt (Dad’s sister) did that DNA thing and it said she was a direct descendant of King Louis XVI.

I’m almost 100% certain they randomly select someone semi famous or an historical figure from centuries ago and tell everyone they are a descendant of someone they would’ve heard of. Because at some point down the line, I’m sure they are.

Pretty sure most of us came from Genghis Khan’s ballsack.
My crazy aunt did it recently and they told her they could only go back a few generations on the female side but 25 generations for males.

Willy, my ancestors are from Alsace-Lorraine as well. I did the 23andme thing. The results came back as German/French - it can’t really distinguish between the two.

I think a lot of families from that region of Europe settled in Cincy/NKY.

The test also revealed a significant amount of Irish heritage, but I largely ignore that.

Reactions: Wildcat Willy
“I’m a descendant if Leif Erickson!” - literally and figuratively and genetically every white person who does one of those mail order genetic testing

<—— in the 99.99 percentile of German-American smugness don’t beim me

Really disgusting to walk into Kroger and see presumably professional people wearing workout clothes, jumpsuits, wind breakers, etc. It’s not too hard to throw on some Levi’s 505’s and tuck in a blue Oxford.

Reactions: SAECATFAN
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT