ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
$500 to install cabinets? Is the installer on meth?

I've got a trim Carpenter that works for me that I pay $20 an hour and with a helper could do it in 7 or 8 hours easy. I was giving Chad a number since he doesn't have a trim Carpenter on payroll. You homebuilders use subs for everything, you have no idea how to do shit without your hand being held. Blue collar architects really.

Reactions: m080470
What is the actual news with Vanderbilt? I just listened to Cal's press conference and all he said is he is doing individual workouts.

Not practicing with the team, no timetable on when/if he will. Playing this season may just be up to him if he wants to give it a go later.

With that explanation on labor Rob is padding his pockets, and $1500 for cabinets in a 300-400K is ridiculous, but making money is the goal.

Going cheap Kitchen Kompact(similar to Lowe's) box cabinets you could buy around $1500, but that quality is usually used for rentals.

A step up would be American Heritage/Shrock semi custom cabinet set. Usually 3-4x as much as cheap boxes.

A custom guy is usually more, and would average 5% of home value including tops.

Doc, I've only tasted your gal's cooking once, and admittedly I was near death due to being overserved the night before, but... can she cook at all?

That burnt metal taste was likely due to stomach acid scorched taste buds after a night of praying to the Porcelain God of Hangover Fury.

But if was a result of her lack of culinary skill, I would not waste money on expensive cookware. Go ahead and spend that money on a ring and a chef.

OTOH, if everything tasted like burnt metal due to the cookware being so shitty... hook your girl up.

But go ahead and get the ring anyway. I want you and Chad to go thru this together.

$20/hour...lol. Is he on meth? Going rate for anybody worth a shit right now is $25. Everyone else is on meth...Or general labor.

She’s actually a pretty good cook. You’re drunk.

I’m cool with the fancy cookware. I mean, It’s not like I don’t have an Egg and a Yeti. She just needs to figure it out the color before the sales end.

Dutch oven, skillet, maybe some smaller pots. What are the other essentials?

Reactions: _Chase_
cheap Kitchen Kompact
Learn Poggenpohl.

Hoping the Cal quote about Vanderbilt was a sort of a call out. Sounded like it.

He's not in game shape.
It's up to him if he plays.
I asked my question because based solely on the reactions here it was as if Cal came out and said Vanderbilt cut his foot off.

I really wish he'd quit playing with our emotions.

A month ago: "He may never play again"
2 weeks ago: "No surgery, he's progressing nicely, should be back early December."
Last week: "He's taking shots should be practicing in a week"
Today: "He may never play again, it's up to him, not in game shape."

F*cking Pitino bullshit.

Cal's gonna get this kid drafted 1st round by the Knicks and it will be a glorious dream come true. Then Vanderbilt will probably crack his foot in half during summer league after buying his mom a home with very nice cabinets. That's what this is all about.

Better than Billy G's responses...

Leach: How are things going with Jodie Meeks?
Billy G: Don't know.
Leach: Would you say that his recovery is on schedule?
Billy G: Not sure. Haven't seen him.
Leach: Haven't seen him in the training room?
Billy G: Haven't seen him anywhere.
Leach: Is he doing recovery with a private doctor?
Billy G: No idea. Haven't talked to him.
Leach: When do you expect to have him back with the team?
Billy G: Why don't you ask him? You seem to have all the questions.

-Women are a complete pain in the ass, but I can mostly attribute every single worthwhile thing I own to one. I mean, I’ve got some nice shit because of women. Clothes, kitchenware, art, etc. All because a pain in the ass woman insisted I buy it (or bought without my approval).

They buy the things you don’t realize you need with money you don’t think you have. That’s the deal.

-Speaking of, a moratorium on dating analogies and coaching searches by nerd sports journalists would be nice. Effing nails on a GD chalkboard everytime I hear or see one of these lerches wax poetic about some football coach being the long lost girlfriend who moves back to town and dates your brother but you take her back because she’s a 8.4 or some other awful reach in logic.

Just [sick].

$20/hour...lol. Is he on meth? Going rate for anybody worth a shit right now is $25. Everyone else is on meth...Or general labor.

Ok, so your guy makes $25 an hour and you laughed at installing cabinets in Chad's 1,500 SQ ft house for $500?
That's 20 hours, almost 3 whole days. Hot damn I know you're slow, but good Lord, how long does it take you to install cabinets in a small kitchen?

With that explanation on labor Rob is padding his pockets, and $1500 for cabinets in a 300-400K is ridiculous, but making money is the goal.

Going cheap Kitchen Kompact(similar to Lowe's) box cabinets you could buy around $1500, but that quality is usually used for rentals.

A step up would be American Heritage/Shrock semi custom cabinet set. Usually 3-4x as much as cheap boxes.

A custom guy is usually more, and would average 5% of home value including tops.

Literally listen to nothing this guy says.
He sells lumber for 9 months and now he knows it all.:rolleyes:

Reactions: UKraziest
I’m just happy Chad’s moving out from under his troll bridge.

Think I’ll get him one of those hipster wallets on a chain for a housewarming gift.

Was invited to Rotary Club lunch today, Cal was guest speaker. (I was a first-time guest, I'm not a """Rotarian""").

Someone asked about Vanderbilt. Cal surprised me, was very grim, said he doesn't force kids to play if it might hurt their career. Said it's up to Vanderbilt if he plays this year.

This was before any of the stuff that's been said or written tonight, so for me, it was completely out of the blue and striking, as it was so contrary to recent reports. Cal's body language and immediate reaction to the question were not encouraging.

FWIW.

Oh, and Seth Davis was in the crowd, button down and jeans, furiously taking notes with pen and paper. Strange on a Thursday at noon, not like it's a CBS game on Saturday. Maybe he's in town doing a feature on Cal that will air later.

GTFO, creepy nepotist dbag who knows nothing about hoops.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT