ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
BTW nice brown jacket, Cal....Adolph would have been proud, i think

Just now starting to watch the basketball team
haven't seen a full game yet -
Hard to break from football season until about Dec for me

Watched the first 1/2 of the Kansas game and it seemed that UK's disparate parts 'answered the call' and played well under the lights.....

also tried scotch for the first time that night
so I feel asleep rapidly at some point right after the second half started

the scotch was ok
shouldn't have chased it with beers and vodka back at the hotel though

met some CBS marketing guys
told them about my marketing / growth plan that is pattered after tree pruning
didn't seem to resonate with them

doesn't seem that you run into a LOT of ppl that really are ready to think unconventionally

Tucson is pretty good about that it seems though

that and "Smoke shops" everywhere

Reactions: Mashburned
-didn't notice the tie. Need to go with texture and a heavy pattern(ancient madder/paisley/bold plaid) with that jacket.

- to clarify: powersuit look is fine, just pedestrian.

The camel jacket >>>>>>>>>>>> whatever that black and blue window pane monstrosity was that he wore for most of the exhibition games / scrimmage.

Reactions: rudd1
Cal just needs to visit my girl coco would go along way with things that just fit him correctly.

Greatest holiday of them all. Enjoy the corn pudding.

I too am grateful for attorneys!

Reactions: rudd1
Bagel chip is the key ingredient in the Chex mix. The zestier the better.

Stormy Bounotitties.

Enjoying a fine Vienna roast from the chemex. Think 204 might be my optimal brew temp.

Glad to see Richards get things going.

A year later and politics is stil a tapdance at family gatherings.

Oyster stuffing FTW.

Happy Thanksgiving you filthy animals.

Wife found two tickets at work (lowers of course) so I took my daughter as a substitute for missing the elementary school father-daughter dance (which I am generally opposed to). It was great to eyeball the central KY bourgeoisie.

The thing I noticed the most about Cal’s jacket was how his fat gut stuck out. Hit the pavement tubs.

Also spent a good amount of time watching Richie’s boy Justus. At one point in the game he furiously studied his clipboard, tugged on Cals sleeve, and inserted Tai Wynyard into the game. Metrics!

Barbee and Justus = the sissy ass officer from the Master & Commander movie. They might not really be the cause of the woes but sometimes there has to be a sacrifice to get the winds blowing again.

Lines for the soft serve were ridiculous. I didn’t get mine until the under 8 mark.

Trying to settle on my level of inebriation today.

Reactions: Mashburned
MadTree Pilgrim is a fine fine Thanksgiving day drinking craftie I’ll tell you what

This post made me think of that basketball player many of us were DYING to get ,,,, maybe one of Gillispe's products?

Wasn't there a Matt Pilgrim along the way somewhere?
"A BEAST" .....

I think he played one season right?

Thanksgiving at the in-laws and a 1:00 PM start. Terrible. Give me a 4:00 PM start... no rush to get the food ready, bigger appetite, don't feel like crap for the rest of the day due to a day drinking hangover. I complained to my wife and she told me "not everything's about you". To hell with this.

Last edited:
- no doubt, wynn. Good lawyers are worth *every penny* their firm bills for their service. I love my counselors...invaluable.

Have been on the "consumption side" of the legal industry several times - and in multiple countries

Even once or twice when I was dead to rights innocent and being FAIRLY DAMN RESPONSIBLE (looking at you Jackson Co, GA).....

So yeah --- I'm down with lawyers

plus I'm a nerd and love words and conversation
I get OFF by reading D/FAR regulations and debating the lawyers in our supply chain

It's DFARS, fag. :boom:

Edit: Also, if you're one of the buyers in my company's supply chain organization, I vehemently hate you.

There are twi separate sets of regulations there, Cha Cha

1) Federal Acquisition Regulations
Governmental - but not necessarily pertaining to DEFENSE items
I don't these even apply in most commercial contracts (something I've not done a LOT of admittedly)

and

2) The Defense Federal -- yada Acquisition yada Regulation ......which covers Govt flow downs for defense related articles / processes.......but you probably know that....

But

wait ---- DFARS is considered a SUPPLEMENT so maybe you're right
Maybe they are just ONE in the greater sense .....

But they're not the same - and they certainly don't BOTH apply on all contracts

HENCE my use of the slash to show that I'm talking about BOFF (both)
D/FAR

and YES YOU WOULD LIKE WORKING WITH ME!!!!111

I'm A DAMN GOOD BUYER / CONTRACT GUY (and an awesome guitar player and legendary lover)

yOU WOULD LOVE ME .......YOU Meanie (I mean that in a Punch in the Shoulder while were drinking .... kind of way)

...... I ALMOST started talking work there for a second

Last edited:
Honestly - "asshat" is just one of those words that always makes me laugh

So is "Dick Fingers" .... which is more obscure

So .... I enjoyed putting those two together in that last post
Thank you for the opportunity, man

I also really like "Dumpster Fire" and "Cluster FK"

Honorable mention:

Chinese Fire Drill

[laughing]

OK, I *guess* it's conceivable that I wouldn't hate you @CastleRubric. But I bet your lawyers do.

And yes, I've spent the last 8 years working with defense/aerospace contractors. The FAR and DFARS reside on my desk....

BTW --- what company do you work for?

[laughing]

OK, I *guess* it's conceivable that I wouldn't hate you @CastleRubric. But I bet your lawyers do.

And yes, I've spent the last 8 years working with defense/aerospace contractors. The FAR and DFARS reside on my desk....

So - that's an acknowledgement that the D / FAR graphic illustration of two separate sets of federal procurement guidelines.,,,,,,,makes sense AND is a kinda sexy....

Any who

I'm with Raytheon now
Moved to Tucson in May

You?

If you're in Louisville then you may be Raytheon as well - I know we have a significant operation there

Or you may be with Lockheed Missiles and Fire Control in Lexington?

Or one of their sub tiers?

I'm in my 15th or 16th year for defense related work
I had a 9 1/2 year period in the middle with Northrop Grumman at the CDC in Atlanta......not defense work but the experiences have started making sense and informing some of my activties now believe it or not

I'd like to draft an intra-disciplinary paper that puts CDC Epidemiologists and Aerospace Engineers in the same room ..... I see overlap in methods and some best practices

I think a genuinely insightful academic publication could come out of that
I posted the idea on Linked In to see if anyone else had strong intra-industry experiences like that......

shit

I'm nerd-rambling again

sorry

[laughing]

and that Particular lawyer LOVES me too damn your hide
I do my homework before we meet - I read all the prescriptive clauses and all the UCC references and pull from my time on active duty to throw him off.....but I boil most major contracts down to like 2 or 3 clauses that we REALLY have to debate and.....shit SHIT NERD RAMBLER!!!!!!!

You work with Taylor Menlove @ Raytheon, don't you @CastleRubric?

Awwwww SHIT

GYERO has traced my ass to the site and division of my company

DAMN IT TO HELL KENNEDY ---- wait....our President;s last name is Kennedy

Yes --you're very freakin close, sir

I'm not in Taylor's organization but I could see going that way down the road

I'm on Raytheon's only matrix team that represents one specific / critical technology that many of our products utilize

We're a self contained team of sorts with our own engineering resources and procurement mechanisms and what not

It's saved the company a lot of time and money NOT to have 14 different programs running into "Supplier X" and demanding conflicting things / causing general chaos etc

Seems to be working -

so You know Susan Turley (did I get her last name right?)
speaking of lawyers She's our Council (also the first lady to ever go down into the Air Force's TITAN missile silos when those were active out here)

AND SHE LOVES ME TOO
[winking]

You work with Taylor Menlove @ Raytheon, don't you @CastleRubric?

Okey dokey

1) Are you my President or CEO? One's Taylor and ones' Kennedy -- right now I can't recall which is which

2) Who do you work for

3) Did we meet at a UK-UT football game about 5 years ago in Knoxville?
You were robustly bearded I believe.......it was near those ports potties when you walk up from Cumberland Ave

I think we hit it off if that was you, Kennedy-san

ANNNND then no more work talk - promise

1) No to both. I took Taylor’s old job when he left to go to Raytheon. I don’t know Susan, but I worked with Bob Strauss (I think he works in Aurora, CO) when I worked in the law firm. I actually almost applied for the Raytheon job in Tucson, but....it’s Tucson.

2) I’m an attorney for Ball Aerospace.

3) Nope.

Fin. Sorry GYERO-land.

I"ll be damned

Ball Aerospace is one of our suppliers IIRC

Last question:
Did you ever play Dungeons and Dragons growing up?
Or do anything like play strategy games like Cid Meirer's "Civilization"
Or just read encyclopedias for fun as a kid?

and if so

did you also have some degree of athletic talent
or
play an instrument or schmooze the ladies?

I'll bet you had a geek streak
AND you were pretty good at non-Geek stuff too

Am I getting warm on this Kennedy??????

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT