ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no clue who Karl Rove is

Kansas looked pretty awful

Our only main clear issue is no solid PG, which is our most important position. If we had Fox or Ullis on this team I'd feel a lot better as every other position is GOOD ENOUGH for a deep run, but I'm afraid our limitations at point this year will ultimately be our downfall. Just a step slow. Is quickley supposed to be quick and explosive? I sure hope so.

I feel like people are shitting on Green a bit too quickly. Not only is he a freshman without superstar talent like a Wall or Fox, but everyone around him is a freshman and not a superstar talent.

I’m not too awfully concerned about him just yet. I think he’ll be very solid, even if not spectacular, by March. He also strikes me as being just small enough and just slow enough to be forced to stick around and be a damn good college point guard for a few years.

Puppies scent to Green for the embarrassment he will surely endure by being a Kentucky basketball player for several years. I’ll be happy to have him though.

MSU folded down the stretch but to say they looked awful is...well....a stretch. Just ridiculous. They showed that if they play their 'A' game then they can beat anybody. It took a career game by the possible NPOY to beat them.

Teague was mediocre at best until Feb 2012 IIRC, so I'm not quite ready to throw in the towel on Green. The talent around him obviously isn't as elite, but I think he will be more than capable of running the show by the time March rolls around.

Reactions: roguemocha
Teague was mediocre at best until Feb 2012 IIRC, so I'm not quite ready to throw in the towel on Green. The talent around him obviously isn't as elite, but I think he will be more than capable of running the show by the time March rolls around.

He'll get a lot better if we can add Anthony Davis and MKG to the roster. Still have 3 years of eligibility left, iirc.

Quade and PJ will be fine, but we need them to develop some consistency.

Don't understand people seeing Shai as a liability on offense. At point yes he is a liability taking care of the ball, but he can drive, had a decent stroke, nice little floater. With his defensive ability I'd like to see him at 2 and Quade at point. With SGA guarding the point and Quade guarding whoever sucks most ass on the opposing team. Not to mention we need his 3 s to fall for the offense to have any kind of flow.

Never seen a point look so bad on defense. @Strokin_Bandit is it a technique thing? He looks like he's got the quickness to play on the ball d but he's just shitty at it and I can't figure out why. Surely they can work with him, he doesn't have to be a stopper but we've got to get him to not be a fresh/soph Willis level liability on d. It can't be effort , not with Cal.

I was encouraged. We get anything out of PJ and we win. Diallos got to learn not to float, and how to make his teammates better.

Herro out recruiting Zion. Man, we've got him set up to be surrounded by shooters which is just about perfect for him. He will be the alpha of that team. I don't see there being a better situation for him, he will definitely get the most hype by going here.

In the event that we do get Zion Williamson :)pray:), does he play the power forward as some sort of mutant hybrid of Charles Barkley and Lebron James?

The defensive technique is "bad" because their athleticism masks so much of the "cardinal sins" at the high school level. For years they could exhale, relax, and then backtap/reach back block everything that got by them on that level.

Personally, I think it boils down to staying in a stance and working away from the ball, which is difficult to instill at all levels of play because it's hard. Honestly, no player at any level is immune from ball watching or falling asleep sometimes. It's just hard to make up for it at this level. When you're beat it shows (see Diallo, Hami or Green, Quade) . . . unless there's a 6'11 witch under the basket to bail you out.

We cleaned up the rebounding and 50/50 balls in the second half but ultimately we lost because after Knox took that ill advised shot Kansas player beat Hamidou to the loose ball.

Well if he's scared that Wenyen F***ing Gabriel is gonna take his minutes, he's not much of an alpha.

Him and his handlers can see what happened to Malik Newman.

We cleaned up the rebounding and 50/50 balls in the second half but ultimately we lost because after Knox took that ill advised shot Kansas player beat Hamidou to the loose ball.

We scored 28 points in the 2nd half. We didn't hit a 3 in the 2nd half and only 25% for the game. That is why we lost.

Gang gang gang :fire::fire::fire::gun:

CC17-9735.jpg

I hate that I actually have to type this out, but my hand has been forced. PLEASE STOP SAYING ALPHA. Thanks in advance.

It's incredibly f*cking annoying. If I hear some dipshit commentator say "Alpha Dog" one more GD time my head might explode. Grab a thesaurus and a dictionary and learn some new words.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT