ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
This reminded me a lot of the Champions Classic game vs. MSU 4 years ago.

Down big early, battled back against a veteran opponent, lost by 4, ugly game.

Lot of folks are saying this game doesn't really matter, we'll be much better in March (true, probably), etc., but it'll be tough sledding for the next few weeks. We are raw. Sheesh.

Reactions: wcc31
-PJ needs to get his shit together. Shit sakes, man. Worst player of the ****ing game.

-SKJ. Wow. That helps bringing Richards along.

-Gabriel get any 2nd half clock?

-Green is bad on D but the offense is so stagnant without him. Gonna have to take lumps and let sga and diallo pull the d.

-not nearly as bad as expecting but that may be a bit on Kansas as well. This isn't you're typical jayhawk team. They're not very good.

-i guess we just need to figure out how to be disruptive as shit and be bulldogs but still find Knox shots.

-need Vando back asap.

That trip where Diallo didn't block out the shooter was the difference.

The double team on the post really confused our youngsters. They were really guessing as to who was open. Even on kickouts, our guards tried to make the extra pass but didn't know where exactly to go. Of course, guys stood around instead of cutting to open spots where they could be seen.

If Vanderbilt is as advertised, this ol' ball club could be something to get excited about in late Feb.

SGA doesn’t look all that eager to pass it to Knox on the wing. Not sure if that’s my imagination or if that’s the case. Seemed like he passed on giving it to him several times when it was the easier play.

Reactions: catholic_back
I'm pretty sure Vanderbilt is going to be the teams best passer from game #1. He's gonna be huge for opening up this offense. And he's five more fouls and yet another long AF defender. Gonna be a struggle for teams to get to 70 on us. If we can run an offense, it's gonna be damn tough to beat us.

Who had odds 9 months ago that SKJ would be farther along than Gabriel?
Anyone that ever watched Gabriel play for 5 minutes.

The "we'll get em in March" bullshit can stop already. KU was awful, and missing key parts. We are giddy bc we only lost by a few possessions?

This team is a mess at the point, plays pretty awful defense, doesn't shoot well, and rebounding appears to be optional.

Anyone that ever watched Gabriel play for 5 minutes.

The "we'll get em in March" bullshit can stop already. KU was awful, and missing key parts. We are giddy bc we only lost by a few possessions?

This team is a mess at the point, plays pretty awful defense, doesn't shoot well, and rebounding appears to be optional.

I disagree.

Having a hard time getting upset. Did a lot of stupid things, but also, the entire staring line-up played their first college game five days ago.

Not sure if Kansas is good. At very least, they're fairly stupid at times.

This reminded me a lot of the Champions Classic game vs. MSU 4 years ago.

Down big early, battled back against a veteran opponent, lost by 4, ugly game.

Lot of folks are saying this game doesn't really matter, we'll be much better in March (true, probably), etc., but it'll be tough sledding for the next few weeks. We are raw. Sheesh.

Yep- when Randle proved he was a star like Knox did tonight. What a ballplayer.

Reactions: TheShowKiller
I'm pretty sure Vanderbilt is going to be the teams best passer from game #1. He's gonna be huge for opening up this offense. And he's five more fouls and yet another long AF defender. Gonna be a struggle for teams to get to 70 on us. If we can run an offense, it's gonna be damn tough to beat us.

Also considered a great rebounder.

Kansas shot 35%, 28% from 3. You can find a lot of room for improvement, but I'm not sure if you can crap on the defense.
We are one game removed from a team shooting about 75% from 3 against us. I think we can assume our defense is anything but consistently intimidating.

- Really disappointed that we lost this game in the front court. Azubuike owned the lane. Richards, Washington, and Gabriel combined to go 2-10 with 8 TOs.

- SKJ obviously a bright spot, but needs to wear out the charity stripe at the Craft Center. If we can get Isaac Humphries level contribution from Lumberjack, that's a huge bonus.

- Can't imagine Gabriel stays in the rotation with a healthy Vanderbilt.

- Knox is a big time player on the big stage. Hopefully this is the confidence booster that helps him become more assertive.

- Can't keep playing SGA for his defense if he's going to cost us so many possessions. Even if he doesn't turn the ball over, he's unable to get us into an offensive set.

- Even though our defense is disorganized, our length makes up for a lot of mistakes. Once we get dialed-in, I am much more confident after tonight that we can be a nasty defensive team.

- Putting aside with the Xs and Os, biggest concern is the lack of leadership on this team. I don't see a single player on the floor that the other players rally around.

Reactions: Hankshaker
Don't just be dense bc you can be. We are a bad defensive team. Im not going out on a limb here.
Dense? They improved from last game to this game and will continue to improve. 8 of the 9 Cal teams have done it. Their length allowed them to cover defensive mistakes that are extremely common in freshmen playing game #3 and will make them defensive nightmares very quickly. They played objectively better defense this game over the last. Not sure what's dense about it.

Is defensive rebounding part of defense? If so, keep an eye on that developing trend.

Think we are done with this back and forth, kiddo. Maybe sleep on it.

Is defensive rebounding part of defense? If so, keep an eye on that developing trend.

Think we are done with this back and forth, kiddo. Maybe sleep on it.
Tied in rebounds at the end of the game after being dominated in the first half, so they improved there as well. Throw personal insults, change the argument, condescend. I'll settle for just being right. We'll check in on the team in March and see if they improved or not. Fingers crossed!

Don't hate this team- think they are bad defensively and think it's going to be an issue most of the season.

Glad we cleaned up the rebounds after half of KU's first half points were 2nd chance baskets, bristol. Until the end of course when we gave up the 5 back breaking 2nd chance points that was the difference in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT