ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, saw that in your yards.

Can’t imagine they would cut down all those trees. Although, it would be great to have another alumni drive through there...Good for the State.
When are they going to expand Alumni from Tates Creek to New Circle? Surprised it hasn’t happened yet and there seems to be ample room, especially from Chinoe to NC.

Last edited:
Reactions: drxman1
When is this dumbass city going to:

*remove 150 stoplights
*make the express way circle an expressway and remove the stop lights.
*make a reasonable connector to the major interstate exchange that is 7 miles outside the city for some ridiculous reason

Annual enrollment question:

What is the consensus on personal accident insurance? I can get half a million or so for like $2.50 a pay period. What kid of stuff does this cover? Never bought it before. Is it basically more life insurance...as in, do I have to die for my family to collect? Or is it more like disability insurance?

Thanks.

/chase

It would make you really uncomfortable to know how rich I am motherf*cker
tenor.gif

In other ways that BRax gets it right, who knew that Jessamine County had an insanely hot brazilian bartender at the Tap House? Holy smokes. No word yet on whether she has an Invictus tattoo.

What is the consensus on personal accident insurance?

/chase

Adam, be careful with those types of policies. They oftentimes are garbage. The coverage can be very limited and there are a lot of exclusions. And, if you have short and long term disability coverage, the type of policy you’re looking at may be redundant.

With that said, you can’t know for sure until you read the actual terms of the policy. I would request a full copy of it from your broker if you are still interested in purchasing.

Last edited:
UNC is one of the biggest public research institutions in the country. They'll laugh at the SACS stuff.

Too big to fail. Sad, but true.

What is the consensus on personal accident insurance? I can get half a million or so for like $2.50 a pay period. What kid of stuff does this cover? Never bought it before. Is it basically more life insurance...as in, do I have to die for my family to collect? Or is it more like disability insurance?

Thanks.

/chase

Something you should know about this type of insurance:

- it's EXTREMELY lucrative/profitable for the carrier
- it pays a commission up up to 60-80%

It's not necessarily stupid to pay a few bucks for it, but the statistics are not in your favor. About 90% of the premium goes to paying stuff other than claims.

Superstition - Stevie Wonder
Get Back - Ludacris
Don't Stop Til You Get Enough - Michael Jackson
Everybody Wants Some - Van Halen
Immigrant Song - Led Zeppelin

* Insurance is basically just a piggy bank for poor people. Protecting oneself against catastrophic events (> $5-10k) makes good financial sense, but anything less, you're mostly better just saving the $$ and putting it back in your pocket.

* Insurance is basically just a piggy bank for poor people. Protecting oneself against catastrophic events (> $5-10k) makes good financial sense, but anything less, you're mostly better just saving the $$ and putting it back in your pocket.
Truly educated GYERO men put it on their Chase Sapphire Reserve Card for those sweet, sweet points. If you can't parlay a catastrophic injury into a week at an all-inclusive resort in Cozumel, you're pretty much a financial dum-dum.

Reactions: Century Cat
Just completed all of my open enrollment too. It always makes my head hurt even though it's not that difficult to understand. I mainly hate filling out forms. Also, the annual United Way campaign reminds me of PTI hating on it.

As for "Cooper Highway", I believe the natives are so restless because we didn't know about it... the councilman just thought it was NBD. So someone found out about it and started passing out flyers and putting signs in yards. There was some talk with the mayor and a work session yesterday. Then last night a bunch of folks were down at the council meeting last night and got a one week extension on the first reading of the resolution to designate Cooper a state highway.

I'm torn between on it... either these people have nothing better to do/no one would notice OR hey, don't do stuff without telling the neighbors. I'm pretty sure the designation of a road as city or state means nothing when it comes to traffic flow. The city/state said it just affects who is responsible for paving it and that there are no plans to widen it, etc.

Here's a link about the meeting last night: http://www.kentucky.com/news/local/counties/fayette-county/article183805386.html

I will tell you that mofos drive WAY TOO FAST on Cooper. The speed limit is 25, but the average driver goes 45. Slow the eff down people.

Well, you have to stop at our house each time you walk by, but besides that, it will be quite dangerous with a 4 lane "HIGHWAY" with no trees.

I only posted all this because Dr. Pope asked about it.

Breaking News: Got an alert from the neighborhood group that NPR had a special on it this morning. I'll be sure to link the podcast for you all.

Reactions: drxman1
So even if it did become a state highway it couldn't even be considered for widening for 23+ year according to the article. Plus the swap has been in consideration for months if not years due to delays but no one in Montclair paid attention until the week it was going up for vote so they want it delayed some more.

Got it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT