ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is Rene the day he released his popular therapeutic Therm-A-Vest
4f63b5a7dae90.image.jpg

Absolutely a 0% chance this was just totally unprovoked. I'm guessing they just hate each other and talk s*** about their difference on politics, and finally ole boy had enough.

And 100% chance there's security footage. Can't wait to see it.

Reactions: _Chase_
I've had broken ribs before. It sucks and hurts like hell, but I sure wouldn't go to the hospital for it (especially if I was a doctor) if I had a political career to maintain.

That may be NinjaCatintheFort of me, but whatever.

Saturday showed Kentucky is the type of SEC team Hal Mumme would have feasted on. Which is kinda Kentucky football.

Bet it was all Paul's fault. Liberal Dems seem to be handling the current political environment much better than Republicans.

RAND & RENE: THE NETFLIX ORIGINAL SERIES

(Rene beats the shit out of Rand): "Here, try this vest..it will only cost you...YOUR SOUL!"

(Rand stands up and pokes out Rene's eye with a stick): "Come to my office...I'll fix that...FOR A $20 COPAY! (maniacal laughter)"

Last edited:
Reactions: Mashburned
For the record I’m AGAINST assaulting your neighbor and breaking his ribs over a political dispute.

Don’t @ me

- Went to high school with Rene's son. Pretty sure they're Canadian. Super liberal family. He hasn't posted anything on facebook about it, quite a shame, could be incredibly entertaining.

Rand is a small little dude. Probably pretty damn easy to break a few ribs. My parents are sorta friends with the Pauls, and Rand is quite the smartass. All those little snips he makes in debates and in formal settings aren't anything compared to him personally. Still waiting on some super scoop to find out what prompted it.

- Great little Saturday in Nashville. Perfect weather. Had about 30 folks over for a cookout and opened up the doors to walk out patio. Smoked a chicken, ribs, burgers and dogs on the grill; 3 TVs downstairs and outside. Was a perfect day until our dumbasses got beat. Oh well, few extra collides were all that was needed to remove the redass.

Has certainly taken some of the shine off this Saturday's game, but I'll still be in attendance with the faithful.

- Built a small patio with pavers out back for my two grills and small table. Not the most level and certainly not perfect, but I did it myself. Leveling that shit is miserable. Thought about hiring someone, but pretty sure my dad would have disowned me and I'd never hear the end of it from my brother. Proud day.

- Hiring a cleaning lady today. #blessed

- Got my airbnb license for down here, house two doors down from me is getting over $1000/night on weekends and my place isn't that much smaller. Sleep in my damn car if I need to.

UK football fans are a patient lot.

They don't demand undefeated seasons. They don't require 10 wins a year. They don't expect division titles. They don't insist on a winning conference record every year.

All they ask for is competence. That's it. Just be competent.

Guard opposing receivers.

Employ reasonable clock management.

Don't line up with 8 players on the field against MSU.

Don't get beat by Vanderbilt by a middle school trick play.

Don't get flagged for delay of game coming out of a timeout.

Don't assume that a 10 point second half lead is safe so it's OK to take the air out of the ball.

Just be competent.

That seems fair.

Glad to hear Stoops say he’s ready to get back to work after Saturday’s loss. I was concerned he might want to take the week off to recover.

Kinda pissed that Stoops wasn't drunk with the Aussie, tbh.

I guarantee that Rich Brooks would never have let that opportunity go to waste and would have dropped approximately one billion Crocodile Dundee jokes. Hell, he might have made that movie required team viewing out of international solidarity or something.

Last edited:
Family friend of Rand. I’ve golfed with him multiple times. He’s a good dude and tiny. I like him and his father. It’s crazy when politicians tell you the truth, what a weird thing.

Don't line up with 8 players on the field against MSU.

I'm reasonably sure it was seven players, not 8. Who is counting? Certainly not Stoops. (drumroll)

And your post is absolutely spot on.

Also, if you screw up as the UK coach, just own it rather than being a chippy little prick.

We loved Hal Mumme, in part, because he was TNF and just rolled with the punches, never made excuses, and didn't bullshit around.

Same thing with Rich Brooks.

Absolutely no one wants to hear about the coach getting back to work or whatever. How about "I'm making my special teams coach responsible for making sure that every receiver is covered on every defensive play so that we have redundant protection against the disorganization that we have sometimes had during my tenure. He has my full authority to call timeout if he spots a failure in coverage"?

Not so hard.

But by all means, let's get back to work!

Trumps biggest and most egregious lie is that he’s a 2.5 handicap. As a fat, stiff, 70 year old with a mediocre, at best, golf swing...[laughing]

Reactions: roguemocha
A UK football coach that was on the same page as everyone else regarding the program and its historical ineptitudes would be refreshing.

Like, "I think everyone knew what was going to happen after we drove the field and scored leaving Ole Miss that much time on the clock. We've got to somehow find ways to punch it in and leave absolutely nothing to chance, especially not 2 minutes."

Or, "The minute we went up 13 on Florida, barring some kind of a miracle, I knew we'd lose by 1. It hurts."

Maybe a "This was a classic "go on the road and get thumped by a physically superior SEC team" for us. Last year it was Florida. We're going to speak with the SEC about this scheduling... (smile... press room laughter)."

I think we'd all feel better about things honestly. Like this guy gets it.

Getting lost in other stuff but we had another completely busted coverage TD this weekend. Complete with staff and fans jumping up and down several seconds pre-snap.

I want to like and believe in these coaches, really do, but dammit if they aren't their own worst enemies.

I've said it before but it is sort of astonishing how Stoops and Co. can be so good at the big, complicated things required to build a program but be so bad at the seemingly easy things like making sure there are 11 guys on the field at all times, covering every receiver, clock management, etc.

I'm sure it is much, much harder to do than it looks, but c'mon.

And if you screw up, own it. That goes a looooooong way with UK fans.

Its not lost on me that one of our biggest wins came after the team refused to let Stoops give the pregame talk. This team doesnt respond to him like they do to Meek Mill.

Also, maybe if there was a sure-thing basketball team waiting in the wings, the sting would fade a lot quicker... but that team has its own warts- think we all know its going to be a bit of a rocky season.

Reactions: Mashburned
A UK football coach that was on the same page as everyone else regarding the program and its historical ineptitudes would be refreshing.

Like, "I think everyone knew what was going to happen after we drove the field and scored leaving Ole Miss that much time on the clock. We've got to somehow find ways to punch it in and leave absolutely nothing to chance, especially not 2 minutes."

Or, "The minute we went up 13 on Florida, barring some kind of a miracle, I knew we'd lose by 1. It hurts."

Maybe a "This was a classic "go on the road and get thumped by a physically superior SEC team" for us. Last year it was Florida. We're going to speak with the SEC about this scheduling... (smile... press room laughter)."

HIRE MIKE LEACH

I was surprised Rand's neighbor isn't getting charged with some crazy federal offense. It seems like the Senate would have made themselves a protected class against hate crimes or something. This would not apply to any work done by Bob Lee Swagger.

I've said it before but it is sort of astonishing how Stoops and Co. can be so good at the big, complicated things required to build a program but be so bad at the seemingly easy things like making sure there are 11 guys on the field at all times, covering every receiver, clock management, etc.

I'm sure it is much, much harder to do than it looks, but c'mon.

And if you screw up, own it. That goes a looooooong way with UK fans.

He's cheating his ass off, and I love him for that. We all should. Thank God we have someone who understands the SEC, because cheating your ass off is the most important thing here. It just means more.

He sucks at everything else. Like, if we put his ass in the booth - his own booth away from the coordinators - and just told him to eat chips and drink coke while Coach Dean and Eddie run things from the sidelines, we would probably be 8-1.

He's Billy G'esque on the mic, too. Get him tf out of the press room. Dean and Eddie can handle that, too.

Mumme was actually very close to this, following Curry coach speak, I think it's why some people still remember him fondly regardless of how badly it ended.

I get the frustration of it all, but I honestly don't understand the "we can/should be better!!" outbursts.

Kentucky football is basically Ole Miss basketball. And Kentucky football going 7-5 with a bowl game is effectively Ole Miss basketball going to the NCAA tournament. You don't fire a Ole Miss basketball coach that's getting you to the NCAA tournament.

Stoops and I are good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT