ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
- Robinson won't be eligible this year. You can't start taking classes and then just go play for someone else- release or not.

- Teflon Self- remarkable, really.

- wcc breakdown:

Green- tough, savvy, cocky "up east" pure PG who can knock down an open 3

Diallo- athletic freak wing who plays hard and attacks the rim, shot will be an issue

Knox- long wing, great athlete, special potential offensively, good outside shot

Washington- hardnosed tweener PF who hits the glass and is skilled offensively

Vanderbilt- clean-it-and-lead-the-break type combo forward, game is a Jones/Gilchrist mold, great handle, great passer, great rebounder, shaky J

Richards- huge 5 man with excellent athletic ability, tad raw on offense, Kenny will help him a lot

Alexander- 6'6" PG, I know less about his game than anyone

Baker- pure shooter, 6'4", knows how to play

Is Gabriel still on this team?

Gonna be odd figuring out the various roles at forward. I find it hard to believe our best lineup wouldn't include Washington, Vanderbilt, and Knox flying around, making plays. That's a devastating trio, regardless 'where' you put them on the court.

Robinson could play with an NCAA waiver I believe. It would be up to them to make an exception in his case depending on what happened at WKU

Its make or break for Darkness. He either figures it out and go nuts or turns into Marcus Pee.

-Benny and the Jets, one of the most creative songs of all time.

-If Cal needs help with X's and Os at this point then the critics are right. He's just a recruiter. He knows what he's doing. Like when Michael seemingly demoted Tom Hagan in G1 only to reveal in G2 why he did so.... Tom was the only one he could truly trust.

-2 great ESPN bball docs on the other night, Morningside 5 and Baltimore Boys. Fantastic viewings. That Dunbar team was STACKED!

Save this post Chase.

12149388_G.jpg

We have two skilled (but raw) 6-9+ 5 stars (both of whom started basketball late) coming back as sophs, and 90% of you think they truly SUCK ASS, and always will, simply b/c they weren't lotto picks as 18 year old freshman.

#KentuckyEffect

[eyeroll]
ok guess you didnt read the recent article in the India Times which had UK as a bubble team this year

Gabriel is still on the team. I think his role this year will be to frustratingly waste his athleticism, and just hover around the 3-point line waiting to brick an open long jumper.

I think that Diallo, Knox, and Washington are going to be on the floor as much as possible and Cal will just fill in around them.

It wouldn't surprise me if by the end of the year Green and Shai are interchangeable and Diallo is Cal's "lead" guard, especially if Vanderbilt can be a playmaker on offense.

Also, "POSITIONLESS! GET THIS FOLKS, WE DON'T EVEN WORRY ABOUT POSITIONS WE JUST RECRUIT... ARE YOU LISTENING... BASKETBALL PLAYERS!" is going to be up there with pooping ice cream and Pikeville to Paducah on Cal-isms.

- Can't even put Gabriel and SKJ's frosh campaigns in the same sentence. As much as he folded down the stretch, WG showed some bigtime flashes.

- Knox is going to be a stud. Love these dudes whose fathers were pro athletes. Seems they always perform to billing- Josh Carrier being the greatest example of this.

- Pumped for Baltimore Boys- ESPN tried to sneak that one in there.

- Lass was bitching about our outrageous cable bill considering 90% of our viewing these days is Netflix/Hulu...and she's logically correct (for once- yay sexism!). But what am I going to do? It's completely necessary for a sports fan. Am I really going to not have Gameday available on Saturday mornings? Hell no.

[laughing] Check out Facebook to see how well the core of GYERO has aged in 10 years.

See... WTF is this?

Because he can play an interchangeable guard position he's automatically responsible for guarding the other team's "two"? This linear thinking is so BJW and drives me insane.

Good grief.
Who is guarding devonte graham when finally is on the bench with two fouls and you put Knox in as the 2? I hope he can guard every position on the floor and I think he will do just fine guarding people his size or maybe even a little smaller. Can Vanderbilt guard a 2? Can PJ?

- Lass was bitching about our outrageous cable bill considering 90% of our viewing these days is Netflix/Hulu...and she's logically correct (for once- yay sexism!). But what am I going to do? It's completely necessary for a sports fan. Am I really going to not have Gameday available on Saturday mornings? Hell no.

It's not, but if you switch to internet cable BBdK will make fun of you :(, so it might as well be.

Hold on to cable for a bit, until ESPN streaming comes out next year.

Disney is pulling out of Netflix and will offer Disney and ESPN streaming services using the tech from the old MLB advanced media streaming company they just bought for 1.58 billion.

PS. You're all welcome. Leading the charge of cord cutting was not a popular decision back in 2007. But I PERSISTED. Pioneers end up with arrows in their back. Enjoy.

Team Turmoil year we lost to Bama in Rupp. Seeing that idiot fool David Hobbs on our sideline trying to coach our players while we lost to Mark friggin Gottfried on our home court enraged me.

The best in game experience Tubby redass moment I ever witnessed was 73 & TMFH's dad at the Florida game in Rupp in 07. Gameday game. Tubby's last year and Florida basically toyed with us for 40 minutes.

73 & Sr TMFH were sitting next to each other and I was for certain the blue coats were going to make there way down. There was so much buildup for that game. I don't even know if redass describes with justice how irritated they became during the course of that game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT