ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate what passes for "journalism" these days. So Robert Mims, new U of L Foundation CFO, was arrested for theft over $10K from the Cardinal Club "after inquiring about a membership."

KSR, citing the sheriff, has a story but there aren't sufficient details from either of them.

The stories imply he heisted a membership, but how would / could he do that? If it he stole merchandise over $10K, how tf would / could he do that, and what would that include? 2 golf carts and 3 sets of clubs? Doubtful - How did he fit those in his car?

Everyone rushes to break a story but instead, how about stfu and get the facts first. o_O:mad:
Yup, terrible article.

Guy lifted some sticks from the pro shop at Hurstbourne, they circulated his pics around the other clubs and apparently Cardinal Club (ironically) recognized him.

I mean, wtf. That's one broke ass hobo CFO.

I watched a special on Princess Diana last night. What a tragedy that was, and a big loss for the world IMO. Smart, compassionate, beautiful, and revered. She would have been nice to have had around these past 20 years. I can't believe she was only 36.

And say what you want about William and Harry, but those dudes have certainly taken after their mother. I'm a fan.

- Listening to a podcast this morning about Ole Miss sanctions and they're talking about how pissed the NCAA gets when you don't cooperate. I really believe UNC is going to lose two banners- should be 3. That '93 team was littered with AA Studies majors. How TF did that go on at Sanctimonious U for 25 years?

- When did we get to the point that everything had to be completely fair? Yeah Josh Rosen- its hard to play CFB and go to class. But you know what- the benefits are large too. It's the long game if you will, and college athletes have a leg up in life on nearly everyone. Even in the present, their lives are better than the common student. This isn't even acknowledging that many regular students work jobs while going to school. Everyone wants their cake and eat it too. STFU you spoiled little bitch.

- It's F up after F up at Louisville. Has to start get embarrassing even for the most obtuse supporter at some point. My Louisville peeps, what does Common Uncrazy Louisville Fan have to say about all of this shit?

- Sam Adams Octoberfest is a treasure. Top 3 beer for me along with Bells Christmas Ale and Southern Tier Christmas Ale.

Reactions: BleedBlueCats21
Just decided to watch the Kevin Knox mix tape for the first time. Cot dam he is a 6'9 2 guard with a pure ass stroke. I would have been worried if he had chosen duke or carolina.

- I would've like to known her but I was just a kid. Her candle burned out long before her legend ever did.

- the fact that Rickie Fowler is at -2 after putting three boxes around the score at 5 has cemented him as my pick over the next three rounds. Bring home that first major Rick

-I want to punch any Kansas fan that I see because they are getting Mitchell Robinson and are pumping the "two NBA big men" theme. Last time I checked you have to get up and down the floor and Udoka is slow and fat. Multiply that by about 10 and you have the nba

Edit: ^^ if Kevin Knox plays much two guard we aren't stopping many two guards from scoring

Reactions: Col. Angus
Self has made his name around the 3 out 2 in Hi-Lo Motion. But that offense is beginning to become as antiquated as the Flex. With the game evolving into a shooter's/skill players paradise, the role of the old school "pivot" center is fading. Kansas can load up on them for all I care.

Good luck, Bill.

Got an old apple watch gifted to me and I don't see the appeal, really, outside of its a watch I need to charge every night.

Candle in the Wind is a solid track but Rocket Man is an all time banger. Imagine how :fire::fire::raised_hands::raised_hands: the remix would have been if DJ Khaled was mixing jams back in 1972... Rocket Man f/ Don McLean, Neil Young, and the O'Jay's.... ANOTHER ONE.

Just decided to watch the Kevin Knox mix tape for the first time. Cot dam he is a 6'9 2 guard with a pure ass stroke. I would have been worried if he had chosen duke or carolina.

His length is incredible- that's where this team's great potential lies. We are so long and athletic. Going to be tough to beat once they figure it out.

My parents didn't push me overly hard when it came to sports, but it's mostly because I was terrible.

#LockedandLoaded

DG0i2evUAAAC1gM.jpg:large

-"Saturday Night's Alright for Fighting", then the rest.

-Chad, I decided early on to only criticize my kids in academics/sports if it was effort-related. My daughter runs cross country and plays volleyball, and isn't naturally gifted at either. But she is really coachable and (almost) always gives max effort. So it's only when she isn't giving max effort(mentally or physically) that I get on to her. That keeps things simple for me, and she respects that, so it seems to work.

-At some point Self taking all these headcases is gonna backfire. Is Robinson headed to KU so that he can watch Malik Newman launch 25 shots a game? Doubtful.

Reactions: Strokin_Bandit
I'm not a huge Elton John fan but I've always thought this video is pretty cool. It's rare to see two rock icons on the stage at the same time singing one of the other's song. Rod MF Stewart crushes it with Elton on this number.

My dad coached me in little league basketball through 6th grade. Nice guy and very patient with others. NOT ME! I would go home many nights after practice and contemplate quitting.

My freshman year he had to coach the freshman squad because the new varsity coach packed up and moved out of state at Christmas. JV coach moved up to V. Freshman coach moved to JV. We had no one. Noble move on his part (I was dreading it though), but it rubbed my teammates the wrong way.

Out of my class, only 2 played our sr. year, including myself. We weren't any good and I accounted for around 70% of our offense. In middle school, I shared the spotlight with big ol' country boys that were already 6' 185 pounds with facial hair. They didn't grow or get any better. They were destined to be O linemen and they did that well. I got taller and way more skilled. However, they thought my success was because I got special treatment from "daddy."

So to make that no one thought I was getting special treatment, my dad would go even harder on me every practice and game. I took the butt chewings all the time. Somebody else screwed up, I got chewed.

We won 1 game (I hit a 3 with 4 seconds left on the clock -while dad was trying to call a t.o. to set up a play, mind you). A bunch of kids quit. I became the spoiled kid who "daddy" always took care of up until my Jr. year. I think it made me mentally tougher.

But during that time of my youth, I got into music a little bit. I wanted to be a rock star. So my parents bought me an electric guitar, bought me a trumpet, let me play in the marching band, and then ultimately let me discover where my true talents were. So, my parents pushed me in sports, but let me do my own thing. Awesome folks.

Thanks for reading!

Levon for me.

I feel like it is the first time in a long time I really have no idea about these incoming guys. What position they play, strengths etc. A quick rundown by a recruit ball would be appreciated GYERO.

- What recent Duke player has performed really well in the NBA other than Kyrie? And he needs to check himself with this bs.

When going head to head with Capel/Duke I imagine Cal can easily point out the overall success our dudes are having in the NBA versus Duke but I know he won't negative recruit bc he believes that UK and himself are above that and it backfires.

- Really think Cal needs to get Robes back in his old role where he can talk to the players during the games. That's his right hand man and has admittedly said that Robes can see so much more from an X's & O's standpoint than he can.

This Justice dude may be a great recruiter but I don't think he brings much to the table from an old school X's & O's standpoint.

When I was a kid, Philadelphia Freedom was the groove. Particularly in the bicentennial year. Years later, finding out it was a song he wrote for Billie Jean King and her pro tennis team was a buzzkill for that song.

But Tiny Dancer (not Tony Danza) is his GOAT. Especially after how it was featured in Almost Famous. Great scene.

Last edited:
where he can talk to the players during the games

That's still so odd to me, and I don't understand it at all. Like you said, Robic has been the guy for Cal's entire coaching career. What changed? I also don't know wtf we have that loser Barbee over there and Mr. Analytic Computer geek. We went from fn Rod Strickland and Antigua to this crap.

Call me crazy but I have a feeling that Robic still has input on the X's and O's despite his title. NCAA rules be damned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT