ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good ol Blanding ll, it's like a ghost town now. I once went streaking through Blanding ll, sight for sore eyes indeed. Perhaps that's why it's now abandoned.

True story - my roommate and I did all of the maintenance to our room. This included spackling the ceiling and caulking windows. What an effing dump.

We kinda did the same, only the opposite.

Destroyed the fire alarms.
Busted out the ceiling tiles.
Clogged up the toilets.
Overflowed the showers.
Stained the carpet.
Emptied the fire extinguishers.
Broke the hallway lights.
Got the elevator stuck.

Your floor sucked. Were you an RA?

Phag.

Reactions: ace on the river
We had a Chinese math grad student in our dorm who specialized in taking dumps in random locations...computer lab, stairwells, chapel, game room, bathroom floor, etc. No place was off limits. He finally got caught towards the end of the 2nd semester.

[poop]

When you have leaks directly over your bed and maintenance won't do anything about it, a man has to take his caulk into his own hands.
Hey man just a heads up but when you wrote "a man has to take his caulk into his own hands" it kinda sounds phonetically speaking like "cock" which is a common slang term for penis, so just wanted to give you the heads up some of the gang around here might give you a little guff over that.

Just remember to be careful online!

Jordan Spieth has finished 1st or 2nd in 6 of the 19 Majors he has played in. Just imagine how good he would be if he had "out of this world" talent? :eek:

Reactions: drxman1
My roommate freshman year at Haggin Hall, who happened to be from Nigeria and was a linebacker on the football team and had a sports center top ten play where he sacked the shit out of Rex Grossman senior year took a shit in the communal shower on our floor, left his long John silvers box on our heater for 12 hours so our room smelled like horrific fish for 2 months, and would also scream at me every time I accidentally stepped on his Muslim prayer rug which took up 95% of our floor space. Good times, GOOD TIMES.

My first two years at UK we lost in the national championship game then won the national championship. Sucks for you sae.

Seeing Prickett who was on the teams I idolized in HS out on Euclid with a joint during the celebration was a surreal moment for me.

I've got apartments that I've been given citation list a mile long on, that are WAY nicer than my haggin hall dorm room were.

Reactions: UK_Dallas
Blanding and Kirwan back in the day were about what dorms should be: decent enough places to flop out for a nap for a few hours sleep between going out to drink, study, screw around, whatever.

Haggin Hall was like a Bosnian Rape Chamber or something.

My first SEC Tourney experience was in 96 in NOLA. I was a junior in high school. I got to go with the old man and his buddies. I had a serviceable fake ID so I got to make the rounds with them on Bourbon. For a 17 year old this was completely surreal.

Rolled into Pat O'Briens after the Cats slapped Arkansas in the Saturday semi final and there was Prickett being held up by a several fans double fisting hurricanes. 8 sheets to the wind. Couldn't walk. This was during his redshirt year but the next day Pitino kicked him off the team for the remainder of the year. This was kind of the end of the innocence for me in regards to UK players knowing that they're just college kids wanting to have fun like anyone else.

I mean my first apartment out of school wasn't much better than my dorm life so I think there's a real service in that

The off campus student housing has pretty much made a dorm, even the nicest ones, nearly obsolete.

For around $500 per room, you get a brand new apartment, granite countertops, wood floors, furnished living room, etc...plus a clubhouse with golf simulator, pool table, two pools, full gym, movie room and whatever other shit they throw onto the property to outdo the other developers.

And, best of all, high security electronic locks that allow auditing of staff, residents and maintenance.

Basically, every time I do a software training, I cry a little inside from seeing how good this kids have it and comparing it to dilapidated shitbox I used to call home.

Pretty sure the reason we got a new couch when we moved into University Commons was because at least one of the former tenants urinated on the old couch as a matter of routine.

The trend toward every college kid getting an individual room has to be a godsend for hooking up. How many beejs were ruined by some goofball roommate holed up watching South Park or whatever in the room at the absolute worst time?

None. If you didn't have a roommate that understood the situation that's on you.

-We had the typical prison style dorms with community showers. Miss that sucker. Not just saying it, because we also had a couple new ones pop up while I was there, but we all stayed in the prison style for a reason. Very easy to run cable all the way down the hallway with a masonry bit and drill.

Aside from the flannel, feminine "grooming(?)", and outdated campus, attending UK in the mid to late 90's was pretty dope actually.

Take it easy on the flannel hate, I'd hate for Chad to come after you.

Not sure of this grooming issue you speak. It was the 90's, not the 70's. Trim

95-96-Championship
96-97-Runner Up
97-98-Championship, Homecoming King.

My college experience was a hell of a run. Sorry bout your luck SAE.

-Southwest running their silly sale again if you're planning any fall/winter travel. $98 direct RT still available to Chicago for Champions Classic from both SDF & CVG.

-On a similar note, Chase Ink Business Preferred still at 80K, btw. Just signed the wife up, who has no business. Sole Proprietor, $0 annual earnings, SS#, approved.

-Gary Woodland needs to finally win something. Couldn't hand pick a better course for him to do it on.

-3 episodes into Ozark. Feel like it's basically their Missouri version of Bloodline in a way, although not nearly as good -- it's got potential, maybe a little too cliché. Still, my preferred type of show -- wish Bateman wasn't the lead.

-Any hot new Podcasts out there for a fella who loved Serial, S-Town, and Up & Vanished?

-Missing the gambol -- any gyero down for the BtB/ACL 1st month CFB package holla -- we get enough dudes, it's cheap and fun.

-Quail Hollow holding up nicely so far. :golf:

The off campus student housing has pretty much made a dorm, even the nicest ones, nearly obsolete.

For around $500 per room, you get a brand new apartment, granite countertops, wood floors, furnished living room, etc...plus a clubhouse with golf simulator, pool table, two pools, full gym, movie room and whatever other shit they throw onto the property to outdo the other developers.

And, best of all, high security electronic locks that allow auditing of staff, residents and maintenance.

Basically, every time I do a software training, I cry a little inside from seeing how good this kids have it and comparing it to dilapidated shitbox I used to call home.
If it makes you feel any better, most of these kids will accumulate so much debt from living large as a 19-year-old that they will never own a home or anything else, really.

If it makes you feel any better, most of these kids will accumulate so much debt from living large as a 19-year-old that they will never own a home or anything else, really.

Your smug attitude may sound amusing, but your tax dollars are footing their extravagant bill.

So keep working and paying Uncle Sam, hoss.

:chairshot::chairshot::chairshot:

They even found a plant to mask the smell of weed and yes, it smells like a fresh .25 bag of glorious nuggets.

10-Other-Things-smell-6.jpg

-Southwest running their silly sale again if you're planning any fall/winter travel. $98 direct RT still available to Chicago for Champions Classic from both SDF & CVG.

-On a similar note, Chase Ink Business Preferred still at 80K, btw. Just signed the wife up, who has no business. Sole Proprietor, $0 annual earnings, SS#, approved.

-Gary Woodland needs to finally win something. Couldn't hand pick a better course for him to do it on.

-3 episodes into Ozark. Feel like it's basically their Missouri version of Bloodline in a way, although not nearly as good -- it's got potential, maybe a little too cliché. Still, my preferred type of show -- wish Bateman wasn't the lead.

-Any hot new Podcasts out there for a fella who loved Serial, S-Town, and Up & Vanished?

-Missing the gambol -- any gyero down for the BtB/ACL 1st month CFB package holla -- we get enough dudes, it's cheap and fun.

-Quail Hollow holding up nicely so far. :golf:

- WTF. Bateman is awesome- maybe my favorite actor right now.

- That Up-and-Vanished dude got every last drop out of that podcast. Probably about 20 episodes too long. Also loved his constant "quest to find the truth." No, you copycatted Serial in a quest to find a career dbag.

Reactions: H-D cat
BBdK, did you every try "Breakdown"? Atlanta paper chooses a court case to focus on for a run of episodes - I think they're in the midst of their 4th "season" now.

- That Up-and-Vanished dude got every last drop out of that podcast. Probably about 20 episodes too long. Also loved his constant "quest to find the truth." No, you copycatted Serial in a quest to find a career dbag.

At least he had good ads & products to pitch :fire:

In all seriousness, he's a complete dweeb but I think it's fair to say he's largely responsible for breaking/solving the case...so you're being a little harsh imo.

Ms BellyDancer knows some folks in Oscilla btw, and has the inside scoop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT