ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
No disrespect, but certain parts of the media are absolutely out for him. Why he engages them I don't know. But the courier journal is unabashedly going after him.
I can't believe you haven't picked up on this living in New Orleans.

Been between 195-205 for the last 18 years. Sometimes I run. Sometimes I don't. Sometimes I lift. Sometimes I don't.

October through February are very unhealthy months for me so I try to keep it clean the other 7-8 months.

Got all that?

Hey just FYI nobody cares about your height and weight unless they're putting money on you in a boxing match.

I love me some Chris Westry - hope he goes off like Rod Woodson on crack this year

I"d give my left testicle and hit my momma over the head with a shovel if UK wore "throw back / power K" and took UT down

I'd sell part of my soul to see it in person

......I know --- not big revelation but FOR THE LOVE OF MIKE -- I"m seeing the "upset' predictions and it's making me want to love the football LONNNG TIME

Southern Miss will make it a good game if they use a lot of misdirection and take advantage of what will surely be UK's aggression and eagerness.....

if they don't do SOMETHING special for that game -- UK will SPANK THAT JACKLEGGED BOOTY

UK 31
Fighting Favres 16

And **FF MISSIIISIIIISIIPPI** *-- worse state in the damn nation

(grateful for the blues guys they spawned though)

-We've had some knuckleheads and incidents, but have to say Stoops has run a pretty tight ship over there. When you've got 65+ 18-22 year old college kids under your watch, stuff is going to happen. For the most part, nothing has been egregious.

-I feel a real sense of shame when the Kroger deli person asks if I want a free sample after showing me the slice thickness. Just a real lack of discipline on my part, and there's no good way to eat a single cold cut standing in public.

-Inlaws are taking the child to the beach with them next week. First extended break for Mom and Dad since 2013, even if we're home. We have a ton of things to get done around the house, but man, that's going to be some kind of treat.

-Replacing the rear glass storm-door with a screened door this Sunday. ALL IN on the colonial look, gang. WKYP.

-New Buffalo, MI for a lake weekend with some buddies of mine in a few weeks. Never been to Michigan. Been told this is the time of year to go.

-Did Cal's office get a makeover? Looks dope as touch, and don't recall ever seeing it like that.

-Having a pretty good year so far with still an outside chance of a GREAT year. We'll see.

Really considering a local bocce league. Feel like it's competitive, but more #smug than say a cornhole tournament or bowling league since it sounds European.

The sport of kings!

Bocce+Players.jpg

- Grilled salmon and squash/zucchini last night. I'm not big on the overall taste of salmon but its much better off the grill, IMO. Plus it was nice to take in a healthier option while grilling.

- Lil lass is 8 months right now. She started crawling 2 weeks ago and is really starting to show a personality. This morning she crawled out of our bedroom all the way to our golden, Rupp, in the hallway and started petting his head while babbling whatever she was saying. He's really good with her and understands the space issue and how to walk around her.

- Lass started her new gig at a private practice 2 weeks ago. I can already sense she's much more at ease in the evenings than when she was at the hospital grinding crazy hours and witnessing the craziest of situations. I'm really proud of her. It's been a long haul.

- Had fun in Nashville. We started at Acme rooftop overlooking Nissan Stadium and the river. Place was jammed packed. All of downtown had a ton going on. I haven't been out down there since 2013 and it's crazy to see how much has been developed in just 4 years. I noticed that there's cranes everywhere. That place is booming.

We then moved to some low key Honky Tonk off of Broadway and took in some solid cover band and then ended up at The Valentine rooftop overlooking Broadway. We had perfect weather for some day boozing. Low 80's and minimal humidity.

It was nice for us to do whatever we wanted for a day with no baby responsibilities.

- I enjoy the Depth Chart podcasts with Roush & Freddie and newly released Kentucky Football podcasts. Roush is a football nut.

- Beating Florida of course would be awesome but Tennessee is for the taking. That's a much more winnable game, IMO.

- Have to beat S Carolina on 9-16 if we want to be in a position for the team to take the next step this fall. That's going to be a tough one under the lights.

My 9 year old girl just lost her next to last baby tooth yesterday. This morning she asks, "is the Tooth Fairy real?" The wife and I had *that* conversation with her which led to conversations about Santa, Easter Bunny, and our Elf in the Shelf.

She's very analytical so she wasn't crushed by any of the truth and I feel like she's known for quite a while. But, it's still one of those milestones of growing up that can get you in the feels, as the kids say.

I remember when I asked my mom about Santa. I was about the same age as my girl now. I had my suspicions based on the logistics of the entire operation. I was ready to make a case against because I figured my mother would try to perpetuate the lie. Instead, when I asked her, she just broke down and began crying. Told me the truth. Well, my wife just did the same. Women and their emotions, right!?!

Even if my mother hadn't told me when she did, my 4th grade teacher callously blurted out the truth about 5 minutes before we left for Christmas Break that year. She was cold blooded!

#ChristmastalkinAugust

Reactions: roguemocha
I grew up without santa clause as it wasn't a big cultural thing where I was from. I didn't realize American kids believed so strongly in it so when we moved to the states in kindergarten I told a couple of my classmates Santa wasn't real. The impending shit storm confused the hell out of me and my parents, but oh well my bad.

*MitchRob actually ends up in a pretty good situation. The NCAA will probably not give him a waiver so he will sign somewhere, just work out and practice and enter the draft next spring. And he doesnt have to tolerate dork-ass Stansbury.

We nearly had to have the Santa talk with our 8-year-old last week on vacation, because I had the bright idea of listening to the Smackoff while driving the family down to San Diego.

Two minutes into his call, Mike in Indy is ripping Stevie Carbone for being a reality TV "spoiler" and says it started when he was a kid and told another kid that Santa didn't-

(I hit the radio power button nearly hard enough to set off the airbags)

That was a close call. Would've been a perfect bow on a terrific vacation. But that's what I get for listening to the Smackoff with the fam, I guess.

Reactions: _Chase_
Figure we have 1-2 years tops left of Santa at our house. Kinda sad, but I won't miss forgetting to move the damn elf until I'm in bed.

Reactions: bbonds
When I was in first grade I learned about April Fools'. Apparently I thought it was the most hilarious thing to be able to say whatever I wanted, followed by loudly shouting APRIL FOOLS!!! I did it all day and my mother (who was born on April 1) apparently had had enough. I mean, I must have been a real shit that day. She gets really serious with me and tells me she heard some awful news on TV that she had to tell me. "Santa Claus was practicing walking on roofs and slipped and fell... honey, he broke his neck and is paralyzed, and can't deliver presents anymore. In fact they're saying he will probably die in the next day or two." She waited til I burst into tears to shout out APRIL FOOLS, then felt so bad about making me cry that she didn't feel she could maintain the lie of Santa Claus anymore. Santa Claus died to me on April 1, 1993.

Yep. This will be our last year with the 8 year old keeping up the Santa and the Elf racket. 10 year old figured it out after last Christmas and it started with the tooth fairy and later the Easter bunny.

10 year old is into crafts and Pinterest-type stuff, so she'll be able to help set the elf up. She's "in on it" now.

I really enjoy The Basketball Tournament. Combine that with the Draft, Summer League, and the constant NBA drama/rumor mill and it's enough to get this bball junky through the summer. Well done.

Reactions: roguemocha
-we do xmas eve with dad and my siblings and their kids...get home at 10or11ish. really is glorious not have to stay up til 2 in the morning and assemble/wrap/transfer presents from the basement/closets and such.

-when we told segunda about the tooth fairy...her primary concern was whether or not she still got paid. Nope.

Really considering a local bocce league. Feel like it's competitive, but more #smug than say a cornhole tournament or bowling league since it sounds European.

The sport of kings!

Bocce+Players.jpg

I'll meet you down at Pompilio's any day you want and whip that Buckeyeass.

Reactions: WynnDuffy
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT