ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
-It was a hard pita type bread. Happened twice, and just confused the heck out of me.

-Shortly before we moved away, crazy neighbor texted me a bit too excessively and I pretty much stopped responding to her. Constantly inviting me to do little projects inside her house during the evening hours when my wife wasn't home. First off that's not me, and secondly, she was batshit. I'd post her pic if this thread wasn't so active but you can see the crazy merely from her Facebook pic.

-I now live in the 40502. The most interesting thing any of my neighbors have done lately is post a picture of humping opossums on the Nextdoor app to ask how to get rid of them. It's nice and comfortable here, but living like a poor wasn't all bad.

-I asked my parents a couple months ago about the prison preacher. They broke off ties with him shortly after his week-long stay with them. He was texting them every single day with new bible verses and wanting to plan a trip to Israel with them. While a trip to Israel sounds fun and all, I was very blunt in telling them that visiting a religiously hostile place with an outspoken, arrogant evangelical was not a wise life decision. Mom was completely freaked out by her fur coat and has since donated it, but my wife's fur coat is still in a coat closet there. Maybe I'll have her wear it to one of the colder tailgates this year. Can't remember if I shared this originally or not, but the holy preacher's wife broke down crying and confided to my parents during that trip that he was emotionally abusing her and treating her like a piece of property. I think they attempted to set up some counseling stuff for her but not sure how that ended up.

Reactions: WynnDuffy
I for one wouldn't mind an update on Willy's stalker.

I haven't heard anything in years. At one point she was checked into a mental facility but they couldn't keep her without her permission.

Her ex husband moved on and had another woman living with him. Still next door to my brother.

Psycho broke in and stole his guns (he is a big hunter). Not sure whatever became of that. I'll get the latest scoop the next time I talk to my brother.

Reactions: RibsAndWhiteBread
Proudest moments of my dad...Hmm. There's the obvious graduations from med school, residency, fellowship...but he had a particular glean when I finished OTS. And of course coming home from war too.

Pretty standard father son stuff I guess.

Then there is my friend Anth. The only time I've ever impressed him was when I told him where I got my jeans tailored.
I'm not your Dad, I know the real you.

Reactions: B.B.d.K.
Newport might be a little too gritty for me nowadays. #smuglife

According to my hip millennial fiancé (who once lived in OTR- north of Liberty mind you), east Newport is THE spot to live. So keep on keeping on with your stuffy suburban life, Smails.

I'm surprised this guy was crazy.

satanist29n-5-web.jpg

Reactions: tommyg4uk
Cal's office most likely required a couple of sidewall diffusers, but the designers opted, correctly, to create false panels for diffuses to preserve the visual continuity of the millwork. This draws the attention of the eye to the objects on display in the visual field below the band of diffusers - otherwise the grilles would become distracting objects in the visual field themselves.

But, if they were are all actually working grilles, the HVAC would be quieter since the increase in air volume available to be exchanged would allow the system to run at a much lower velocity (like a live performance theater), while exchanging the same amount of air/energy as a traditional approach.

Enthalpy. Don't @ me.

Cal's office most likely required a couple of sidewall diffusers, but the designers opted, correctly, to create false panels for diffuses to preserve the visual continuity of the millwork. This draws the attention of the eye to the objects on display in the visual field below the band of diffusers - otherwise the grilles would become distracting objects in the visual field themselves.

But, if they were are all actually working grilles, the HVAC would be quieter since the increase in air volume available to be exchanged would allow the system to run at a much lower velocity (like a live performance theater), while exchanging the same amount of air/energy as a traditional approach.

Enthalpy. Don't @ me.
Now I'm trying to figure out how the duct static and return pressure were balanced. Thanks GYREO!! lol

Is there anyone out there who betters the environment around them by whistling and/or humming? I've changed the pandora station 3 times today to try to find music this bitch doesn't know so that she won't hum along but then she switches to whistling. Even worse. Keep your joyous song to yourself.

My old Satanist neighbor, Pazuzu, who had two dead bodies in his yard (killed in some satanic ritual) killed himself in prison awaiting trial.

Edit: The house was condemned after the police found tons of mutilated animal carcasses, feces, and other trash piled up...has since been bulldozed.

You think you had it bad. He lived next to a douchebag that wore a cape

Sitting at a coffee shop in Ouray, Colorado. Working, actually. I love my job. Notes...

- the town sits at ~ 8,000 feet. main street is quaint and cute and historic, and everywhere you look is straight up in the air at 12,000+ foot cliffs.

- i love the backpacking vagabond archetype, which you find all over colorado. made friends with this late-20s kid. went to iu, and grew up in a nice family. but didn't want to be tied down at this point in his life, and wanted to see the world. has been teaching english in south korea for 3 years. traveling that continent. now back in the states. doesn't own much. no car or license. just scratches together enough cash to meander around from one spot to the next. hiking/backpacking/rock climbing/trail races. shew wee. not saying i want that to be my calling, but it's a nice reminder not to take life too seriously. not a care in the world for that dude.

- i'll actually have a live tracking device.
http://www.ouray100.com/tracking

- this is the hardest race in the country. quite a challenge. i'll have my camera on hand the entire time, as the views will be stunning and worthy of documentation.

Sitting at a coffee shop in Ouray, Colorado. Working, actually. I love my job. Notes...

- the town sits at ~ 8,000 feet. main street is quaint and cute and historic, and everywhere you look is straight up in the air at 12,000+ foot cliffs.

- i love the backpacking vagabond archetype, which you find all over colorado. made friends with this late-20s kid. went to iu, and grew up in a nice family. but didn't want to be tied down at this point in his life, and wanted to see the world. has been teaching english in south korea for 3 years. traveling that continent. now back in the states. doesn't own much. no car or license. just scratches together enough cash to meander around from one spot to the next. hiking/backpacking/rock climbing/trail races. shew wee. not saying i want that to be my calling, but it's a nice reminder not to take life too seriously. not a care in the world for that dude.

- this is the hardest race in the country. quite a challenge. i'll have my camera on hand the entire time, as the views will be stunning and worthy of documentation.
Nobody gives af. What's the weed game like?

Reactions: Col. Angus

Sounds like your soulmate, you crush?

Reactions: Touch_Em_All
i love the backpacking vagabond archetype, which you find all over colorado. made friends with this late-20s kid. went to iu, and grew up in a nice family. but didn't want to be tied down at this point in his life, and wanted to see the world. has been teaching english in south korea for 3 years. traveling that continent. now back in the states. doesn't own much. no car or license. just scratches together enough cash to meander around from one spot to the next. hiking/backpacking/rock climbing/trail races. shew wee. not saying i want that to be my calling, but it's a nice reminder not to take life too seriously. not a care in the world for that dude.
F*** that guy

Most people who just scratch by and are still able to travel the world have well off parents (or parents willing to part with whatever money they do have). Maybe there's a connection??? Guess we'll never know.

But if I had to take a WAG, just scratchin' by guy will be working at his dad's insurance agency in 5 years, a down payment gifted to him, etc. and talk for the rest of his life about he just can't understand why everyone doesn't spend their 20s like he did

The best thing about getting a scholarship to college is that I didn't have to ask my dad for a GD thing. But now you have these filth-encrusted millennials gallivanting around the world still latched onto Father and Mother's financial teat. THE WORST GENERATION.

Yeah, that sounds pretty awful. Living in SE Asia for several years? Being broke? Cruising around Colorado? No, thanks.

Love to visit those places but that lifestyle has no appeal to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT