ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vegas rundown?

At least do it to rub some salt in Anth's wound, my boy is a grumpy mess this week b/c the Beans are out there without him right now, and will be again in another 45 days.

-I'm in for some Golf Shoe talk. Went cheap this year w/ some classic Foot Joys from Academy sports, but will be looking to upgrade by mid-summer. Have actually heard Ecco golf shoes are the most comfortable shoe ever from many, just no way I could wear those ugly things, only Freddy can truly pull those off imo, b/c he can/could pull of anything as the coolest golfer in the world.

I don't like the growing tennis shoe look, either -- traditional only.

- UNC fan rushing to defend their athletic programs by saying "any student(s) had the opportunity to take these paper classes" is in the height of denial. Decision time, Sugar:

Do you believe you're supporting a self-righteous institute of higher learning that can look down their nose on everyone else OR have you finally decided that you're supporting nothing more than a meat factory hell bent on winning at all costs for decades? It's either one or the other, Heel Fan. Choose wisely.

As someone who was a womens shoe salesman at Dillard's for 4 months, I managed to make friends with the older gentlemen who were the men's shoe salesman and got to get free pairs of all the luxury brands like cole haan, Bruno magli, J&M, etc. so I would consider myself the foremost shoe expert on here. By far my favorite and most comfortable were the Eccos, and that's what I've been rocking for a while now. This is my current Ecco work shoe and I'm on my feet all day, highly recommend.

ecco-men-edinburgh_buckle_slip_on-black-63255401001__28784.1417290315.1280.1280.jpg

VEGAS

-90-100 degrees all/air. Don't think I saw a cloud. Nice breeze. Perfect.

-Cosmo was ridiculous, per usual. The talent walking around is simply staggering. Crushed the Boulevard and Chelsea pools Saturday/Sunday. Enjoyed.

-The only true meal worth mentioning was Rao's. The Pappardelle was incredible. The other meals were mostly pass arounds at parties.

-Marquee is incredible. DJ Khaled show was also dope. Man, there's just a different world out there, folks. That place is proof alone.

-GAMBOL was *awful*. I mean, I blew some cash.

-Walked around the Las Vegas Convention Center all day Tuesday in a pair of Gucci bits. Felt great. Looked sharp.

-I honestly don't know what could be next as far as women's swim suits are concerned. Really like the ribbed front bottom deal they got these days, gang.

-Drai's at The Cromwell is a pretty amazing setting (there for a party one night - didn't stay for Nelly), but obviously a good notch or two below the prime pools.

-Jeans, loafs, pressed Oxford (tucked) for Dad.

Last edited:
Buy comfortable shoes you like, wear them and tell other dudes to stop looking at your feet.

Am I the only MFer in here getting wiser with age? Some of you still act like 17 year olds trying to make sure everyone can see you're rocking Hilfiger.

My wife recently did a week in vegas... that seems like 4-5 days too many. She had a work convention for a couple days then stayed out to spa it up and lay by the pool at the Wynn for a few days with some of her pharma pill pusher besties.

2-3 days in vegas for me and then you need to get me home. As a novice gambler, I dont have the discipline to be out there any longer without losing my shirt.

-I'm in for some Golf Shoe talk. Went cheap this year w/ some classic Foot Joys from Academy sports, but will be looking to upgrade by mid-summer. Have actually heard Ecco golf shoes are the most comfortable shoe ever from many, just no way I could wear those ugly things, only Freddy can truly pull those off imo, b/c he can/could pull of anything as the coolest golfer in the world.

Worth a shitty style design. Last pair of cheap golf shoes made my feet hurt for 2 days after playing. Sometimes it was so bad I thought I had an underlying foot issue. Nope. Just shitty Nike, FJ or whatever shoes being cheaply made with poor cushioning.

I've never actually seen any clothing/shoe stores or barber shops that offer free bowls of soup with their purchases so I think that whole thing is an urban legend.

Reactions: buckethead1978
Those are :fire: Joshie -- maybe the first & last time I'll ever say that about you.

Ashworth will always be GOAT to me, even though these days you can get their stuff at rock bottom prices. Fine by me, but I'm sure it turns off others, but I won't name names.

Talking mom into getting me that one $60 Polo from the Pro Shop as a teenager was an annual chore.

#WillAshworthEverMakeAComeback

Bet you get a free bowl of soup with those shoes, Willy?

My wife actually bought them for me. I think she got them for me for Christmas one year. I like them.

I guess I'm a simpleton for wearing comfortable shoes. But in my line of work, you impress people with your actual work instead of what you wear.

Impressing former fraternity bros is not on my list of things I have to worry about. Keeping the wife happy is.

I do think a free bowl of soup would be nice, though.

Those are :fire: Joshie -- maybe the first & last time I'll ever say that about you.

Ashworth will always be GOAT to me, even though these days you can get their stuff at rock bottom prices. Fine by me, but I'm sure it turns off others, but I won't name names.

Talking mom into getting me that one $60 Polo from the Pro Shop as a teenager was an annual chore.

#WillAshworthEverMakeAComeback

Adidas just sold TM, Adams and Ashworth to some big private equity firm...probably see Ashworth at Marshall's soon, but they have great shirts.

cole, you leave the shirts of yours buttoned down so low i don't even see why you bother wearing them.

Yep, TM was sold for 425 million the DAY after they signed Rory for 100 million.

Was curious how that would be calculated into the company's value, or projected future value -- you have to assume KPS Capital had a large hand in the Rory deal.

Always associated Ashworth with the 55+ crowd because well...my dad celebrates the entire collection.

As for dri-fit type polos, Kohls kills it and they're like $15 before the sale, then the bonus bucks, then the email promo and ah f-it, just take the clothes because they only cost the life of a 7 year old sweatshop working and 6 pennies to make.

I thought TGR was a bunch of the $$ in that TM deal.

I am in super-depression mode over no summer Vegas plans. Especially with no hope of a return trip on the horizon. #Adulting sucks sometimes.

Reactions: B.B.d.K.
Steinmart essentially turns into a Men's Golf store from April through summer -- it's ridiculous. They even sell golf balls. (not ones I would play, just sayin)

[laughing] at Kohl's, TS. Pretty sure they PAY my wife to take clothes out of there after she's done applying all those different things she saves up. I bought a few shirts years back one day without telling her before "I knew", and she lost her shit when I got home having paid full price (or anything at all) for them.

I coach tee ball in samba slides. The kids go nuts when they see them. "Coach Matt why are you wearing sandals?? Lol!" because I'm a cool laid back guy, kids *spits giant amount of dip on their under armour cleats* tell your mom I said hey

The day before a 3 day wkend is sooo damn long. I'm posting shoes please skip or don't.

Casual everyday wear:

E8592_EF9319_d2

New Balance 791

85231_WT0002

Nike Killshot 2

Winter/work wear:

3920841-p-MULTIVIEW.jpg

RedWing Ironranger

Business:

allenedmonds_shoes_strand_brown-walnut.jpg

AE cap-toe oxford

allenedmonds_shoes_cavanaugh_black-calf.jpg