ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
-irrelevant, Rob.

-brands sell lifestyle no doubt...and ultimately no one *needs* anything but the basics for most products. Nothing wrong with geeking out on brands.

-

Received 'The Art of Holing Putts' today via Amazon; the classic (1961) from Horton Smith, with forewords by Bobby Jones & Walter Hagen.

There was a coupon (perfect bookmark size) inside for a 16" Big New Yorker for $8.99...good thru 12/31/01

Pizza Hut sucks.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rex Kwon Do
I don't own pleats, or tassels -- and when have you seen me at work?

I wear the exact CH shoe I posted above, khakis/slacks, and a polo to work..oxford if I have a meeting or marketing presentation.

I do not wear a designer suit, ferragamo/Gucci, or whatever it is you think a an insurance agent in 40272 should wear. That's for HVAC people.
I seen you.

Reactions: IsRichieGonnaStart
In warm weather I wear shorts, some form of a tee-shirt, and flips to the shop most every day. In the colder months jeans, something to keep my upper body warm, and some sort of boot. Then again I'm a one man show who takes watches and clocks apart, and tries to put them back together, for a living. I'm blessed that my customers don't care what kind of shoe I have on my feet.

Reactions: roguemocha
Buying this house is the most frustrating thing I've ever done in my life.

I go to work everyday and am usually surrounded by people who are very good at their job, not everyone, but most. I tend to think of most of these people as experts in their field. I usually give them benefit of doub that they know what they're doing.

I have unfortunately allowed this to creep into my personal life, where I assume people who I've never met are good at their jobs as well.

What a naive, idiotic, incredibly dumb take. People are touching stupid.

The level of incompetence by the bank, mortgage lenders, and insurance folks I've dealt with is staggering.

Touching idiots. All of them.

I go to work everyday and am usually surrounded by people who are very good at their job, not everyone, but most. I tend to think of most of these people as experts in their field. I usually give them benefit of doub that they know what they're doing.

I have unfortunately allowed this to creep into my personal life, where I assume people who I've never met are good at their jobs as well.

The level of incompetence by the bank, mortgage lenders, and insurance folks I've dealt with is staggering.

Welcome to Life.

In warm weather I wear shorts, some form of a tee-shirt, and flips to the shop most every day. In the colder months jeans, something to keep my upper body warm, and some sort of boot. Then again I'm a one man show who takes watches and clocks apart, and tries to put them back together, for a living. I'm blessed that my customers don't care what kind of shoe I have on my feet.

Are you Beavis reincarnated?

Crocs (not the gawdawful plasticky ones, they actually have some decent looking casual shoes). No socks. Jeans or slacks, and a polo shirt. Sometimes dress shorts when it hits 90 or above.

Ive spent really dumb money to watch the Cats play basketball. I enjoy it and it makes me happy (most of the time) I usually wear shoes that get me there and dont hurt my dogs. To each their own.

Perfect upgrade to Johnston and Murphy, but not absurd priced gamos... Magnanni.

All I'll wear now, comfortable and durable. Had my three pairs for 6+ years and after a shine, still look new. Here are just some of their varying looks. You can go $250 up to $700 depending on your preference

0059F738-1AB9-43DE-B91D-ED4BE77B0E81_zpstifnfdua.jpg

Blatant GYERO-on-GYERO hate over Clash of Clans of all things, followed by some shoe pretentiousness sprinkled in just to add a taste of simmering disdain. We might actually get to see Diallo play in a Kentucky uniform. Ridicule and chaos surrounding UNC and UL. Holiday weekend coming up.

Nice week.

Buy some ramps and change your own oil. I don't know shit about cars, but those two tasks alone put you in the 80th percentile.

Reactions: Col. Angus

There isn't enough money out there to get me to work in a toxic academic setting ever again. That being said, you know all that stuff they teach you that you never see because only an incompetent moron would allow something like that to happen? Be prepared to see it with frightening frequency.

Buy some ramps and change your own oil. I don't know shit about cars, but those two tasks alone put you in the 80th percentile.

Dad has some ramps but I just hate doing it- hate driving up on those things.

Probably the most excited man-task I've done in the last couple years was rebuild a lawnmower. Then ran over a stump and discovered there's actually more tear down you could have to do. This mower looks like I picked it up off someone's curb in the ghetto but GD I will not give it up...ever.

Change my own oil and rotate tires myself. You work in a couple auto shops in high school and you realize the more you can do to your own vehicle the better because some of those techs will intentionally f your car up for more work later.

Spent 8 hours doing my brakes and 4 of those hours were to get one piston in a caliper to break free to push it back in to fit over new pads. Beat my ass but worth it. And like lawn work, no one bothers you or offers help. It's damn near therapeutic.

I've been saying for years that "I'm gonna learn my way around under the hood!" At this point, I've accepted it won't happen. You can save so much money and frustration with a little knowledge.

Beat my ass but worth it. And like lawn work, no one bothers you or offers help. It's damn near therapeutic.

There might be no greater pleasure for me at this point in my life than loading up my phone with podcasts, throwing on some bluetooth headphones, and working outside for a few hours on almost anything without interruption.

I've considered getting into car repair just to develop a skill (and because I'm Hebrew At Heart).

Perfect upgrade to Johnston and Murphy, but not absurd priced gamos... Magnanni.

All I'll wear now, comfortable and durable. Had my three pairs for 6+ years and after a shine, still look new. Here are just some of their varying looks. You can go $250 up to $700 depending on your preference

0059F738-1AB9-43DE-B91D-ED4BE77B0E81_zpstifnfdua.jpg

Classic, reasonable looking shoes that appear as if they were designed for men.

Those top left drivers are perfect.
Yep- but also any of those with a weird huge buckle strap thing are highly questionable. Also pairs that appears to transition into a different color are pretty whack.

I mean, regardless of brand- keep it pretty simple and they will look fine. I dont think its too difficult.

Still don't think there is a more comfortable shoe than Ecco. I'm willing to forego some style points if my feet are screaming bloody murder after an all day trade show or pounding pavement all day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT