ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gabriel... showed some flashes.

That he did.

I still can't get over the drop-off he had last season. That kid looked like an all-energy hustle machine with a jumpshot in December. By March he was utterly unplayable.

It doesn't help him that Cal is trying to make him Exhibit A in Our Players Don't Have Positions, Folks, This Is The Future Of Basketball Wow Woooooow Have Some Frozen Yogurt And/Or Some Coffee experiment.

Randoms:

I think the Chris Cornell news is more impactful not because people idolized him, but because it hits a nostalgia nerve for the just about all of the 90's decade. Simpler times which began with just needing an Eastbay magazine to get you through the week, and ended with all that comes with being a college undergrad. Cornell's voice reminds me of all of that. Temple of the Dog is still in heavy rotation for me.

The baseball team was always supposed to be better this year, even if Henderson was still around- but they have obviously exceeded expectations. Their rotation is solid, Friday night guy has been good all year, and their offense can be pretty relentless. You dont have too many sure outs in that order. Their are 4-5 guys hitting .400+ and the guy in the 9 spot is still dangerous. Zack Thompson could end up being one of the better pitchers we've ever produced... he probably shouldve taken the MLB money but whatever.

Stopped by Krispy Kreme to grab doughnuts for the office this morning. I'm not even a big sweets guy but those things are just ridiculous. Doesnt matter if youre even hungry- you can always eat a few of those. Choco milk to compliment them, obvi.

Already in the low to mid 90's here so there wasnt really a spring. There were like 4 enjoyable days. In survival mode until late September now.

Good sweep of the Reds this week to hide some obvious flaws on the Cubs roster right now. Saw the Reds did recently get their attendance numbers over 20k on average (there is no way they are getting 20k) but I assume those could climb a bit once FC Cincy's season ends. Just not room in that town for multiple sports giants to co-exist.

Friday 5:
Say hello to Heaven
Burden in my hand
Day I tried to live
Outshined
Hunger Strike

-one championship in 100+ years and you get cocky...suck it Dr. Clark.
Not the one you need to direct your anger at, rudd... the people of Cincinnati have ovbiously spoken- and they just dont have much interest in going to the see the Reds play these days.

I've always followed UK baseball. Never been a super-fan and I'm still not today. That won't stop me from watching their games and hope they do some damage in the NCAA.

Plus, eathumandogshitriddledwithAIDSULbaseballfans.

Another reason is my Dad played ball with Keith Madison.

I've never known anyone to actually run out of gas while driving except my wife and it has happened multiple times. The worst offense cost me a nice Saturday night alone because on the way home from visiting her parents I get a call: car broke down on the freeway come get me. Her dad evidently got the same call since it was halfway. I leave and quickly find that the freeway going my way was shut down because of a massive wreck so while I'm sitting in stand still traffic she calls again: dad figured out I was out of gas and got me some I'm on my way home. Two hours later I arrive home to find her sound asleep in bed.......

Women and cars yall.

Reactions: Col. Angus
Why does she put her keys in the trunk? Does she lock the doors to the car before going to the trunk?

Very perplexing.

She lost her little padlock during our move, and they're REALLY expensive and hard to find. So in the interim, she just puts her purse/keys in the trunk and locks herself out. Makes sense b/c I can't COUNT how many times I've been at the crowded gym and seen people smashing windows and breaking into cars in the middle of the day.

Car locks automatically when you walk away. Lexus is weirdly secure to the point of annoyance, I've learned -- AAA doesn't even work, b/c you can't pop the trunk even from inside after the alarm is triggered -- and the back seat doesn't come down unless you literally take it apart. The technician dude even called Lexus on the spot.

Again, told her to probably quit putting the keys in the trunk & enjoy the Uber home to retrieve the spare keyfob. Went well.

(I did end up meeting her at home and taking her back to get her car. compromise, and stuff :mad:)

Faith Evans released 'The King & I today'. 20+ songs w/ The Notorious B.I.G., with all sorts of fun guests and producers.

Of course, you have to deal with her the whole way which gets a little tiresome, but there are worse things than having 20 new songs that contain 2-3 Biggie verses apiece. What I've heard so far is kinda cool -- man, that dude can just rap. RIP

Best song, not surprisingly, comes from my boy #FredWreck. Gfunk sounds from the 90's. :fire::fire::fire:

Gabriel had a nice looking stroke and then it went broke after his best performance in mid January vs S Carolina. He hit a wall and lost confidence in his shot although he was always weak in the lower body and with the ball.

IMO, when UK started to struggle some in late January something else was going in with the team other than teams in League Play grinded the game down and made them play more half court. Think a lot of had to do with Briscoe off the court being a giant asshole and enormous distraction. The more I
hear the happier I am he's no longer in Lexington. A total primadonna who's attitude wasn't nearly worth what he brought to the table.

Why didn't you immediately order a new padlock on Amazon Prime? What is going on here?
ajR5f31.jpg

I take a pretty worry free approach to security. Remove the unwarranted panic and fear and you'll realize we're a pretty law abiding society. Even living in a "dangerous" city, I'm pretty much just taking the bare minimum precautions.

Locks, alarms, whatever.....if someone wants your stuff, it's not that hard to take it.

The cost for a locksmith to come out is hilarious. There are a couple local ones here that survive on just the students locking their keys in their cars. I think they get like $75 a pop for each call I imagine there are dozens a day, mostly at the rec center. I've watched them struggle a couple of times, but most of the time they seem to be there under 10-15 minutes including paperwork etc.

- With Cornell, he was always SmartMusicFan's favorite of the Seattle rockers and was pretty much the most respected by all those bands.

- Any of y'all are welcome to call my fiancé a bitch in here. FYI

- It's easy to take the Cubs lifetime of ineptitude when you're not in any way connected to the town. When the Reds suck, it's in the air and we true fans have to breathe it in.

This is why ABH is always in a foul mood.

- Would be pretty damn cool seeing the Cats in Omaha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT