ADVERTISEMENT

Trap Game for Texas

FtWorthCat

Senior
Aug 21, 2001
Ft. Worth, TX
We get Texas in between them going to Arkansas the week before UK and to Texas A &M the week after. I think UK has an excellent shot to get the upset. UK is absolutely the type of team that will give them trouble, a physical team that will beat them up. They still think of UK as a pushover here in Texas. Deone Walker is no pushover.

Last edited:
We get Texas in between them going to Arkansas the week before UK and to Texas A &M the week after. I think UK has an excellent shot to get the upset. UK is absolutely the type of team that will give them trouble, a physical team that will beat them up. The still think of UK as a pushover here in Texas. Deone Walker is no pushover.
I hope you are right. If UK is good enough to beat Texas, UK can hang with anyone on the schedule.

All about our offenses ineptitude. If we fix that, we could pull off the upset.
Hoping our defense proves to be top shelf and one of the strongest in the country. We have all the pieces to be that. If that's the case and we stay healthy. The defense will give us a fighting chance in games we otherwise wouldn't be nearly as competitive. If the Offense can be productive and avoid costly drive killing mistakes, I think we can pull off an upset or two or finally notch that signature win akin to when we knocked off #1 LSU back in 2007. Whether that's against Texas, Georgia, Ole Miss or the other UT, who knows, but I would like games where the defense can focus on winning instead of spending the whole game bailing out the offense.

UT is not a signature win, but still very important to us, as would be several other conference opponents. Signature means Bama, UGA, Texas, or major bowl opponent at this time.

There was a thread talking about pass rush and I said: It’s tough having your primary pass rusher inside because Deone is held miserably on most plays, because he is inside they let it go. Pass rushers on the edge everyone in the stadium can see a hold and the officials call that more.

Some guy replied:….. Good lord… already crying about officials before the season. Deone doesn’t get held more than anyone else. I said if you. DONT think Deone is held every play you don’t know football.

Watch the highlight clip.

Deone has his jersey almost ripped off from the side as he made that spectacular play. If you don’t think Big Deone is held a lot you are not a knowledgeable fan. He powered out of that hold to make that play. Strength

Wish I had this clip to send to that idiot I replied to.

Last edited:
I like the way you think!! Hope we pull off a double!!
Yes. It's like the young scalphunter and old scalphunter who woke up surrounded by Indians. The young scalphunter promply pooped his pants. The old scalphunter shouted, "We're rich, we're rich!"

UT is not a signature win, but still very important to us, as would be several other conference opponents. Signature means Bama, UGA, Texas, or major bowl opponent at this time.
Considering our inability to beat them more consistently or get over that hump like we did with Florida, I would consider it a signature win. especially if they are in the top 10 when we roll into Knoxville.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT