GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
:sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses:

When I bought the Rolls Royce they thought it was leased
Then I bought that new Ferrari, hater rest in peace
Hater rest in peace, rest in peace to the parking lot
Phantom so big, it can't even fit in the parking spot
You ain't talkin' bout my niggas then what you talkin' bout?
Gangstas move in silence, nigga and I don't talk a lot
I don't say a word, I don't say a word
Was on my grind and now I got what I deserve fu5k nigga
Hold up wait a minute, y'all thought I was finished?
When I bought that Aston Martin y'all thought it was rented?
Flexin' on these niggas, I'm like Popeye on his spinach
Double M, yeah that's my team, Rozay the captain, I'm the lieutenant

Reactions: wildcat1973
Even in a loss, UCLA is pretty damn impressive. Losing by 2 @ Oregon is nothing to be ashamed of.

Meanwhile, 'Nova struggled with DePaul.

Hate to say it but I think the Bruins are the best team in the country as we head into '17.

The first sentence is just pathetic. Shows your true colors.

As for my "pedant schtick," your a idiot. It's shtick. Learn how to spell before you use words you don't know, you pretentious twat who couldn't hack it at Transy.

Like I said, $50k for a wedding is nothing for wealthy people.

I know *venues* that charge more than that for a reception.

I know of wealthy people who invited a couple hundred guests to the wedding - and then paid for the travel expenses for those people who came. Yeah, idiots.

I went to an Indian wedding with nearly 1000 guests - because their culture enjoys the large ceremony and the parents could afford it. Idiots, I guess.

There is a country club near where I live that has an initiation fee of $75k. I guess all the millionaires who go there are idiots too.

I guess all the people who have expensive art in their houses are idiots.

And anybody who spends more than $15k on a new car is a moron wasting money.
You sound really important. I hope the $50k+ you spent on a wedding got that point across to everyone

- Louisville vs. us and Louisville vs. UVa just proves the dirty little secret anyone who's watched college basketball figured out years ago- many times it just comes down to who is hitting jump shots. If you're knocking them down, everything opens up and your coach looks like a genius. If you're not, its the opposite.

- There's not a magic number for what's stupid to pay for a wedding and what's reasonable. I think we as men know its all ridiculous but what the hell are we going to do with our daughters, wives and fiances? I'm going to keep my mouth shut for the most part and do my best to make sure my dudes have a lot to drink and have a lot of fun.

- A lot of being in a relationship is just staying out of the weeds- knowing when to hold'em and when to fold'em- because its just not worth the fight 99% of the time. Guys get over shit quickly. Women let it linger and hold grudges. It's a humbling experience and I'm talking about easily the best chick I've ever dated. So, I'll fight over important shit like UK basketball but I'm staying out of the wedding stuff...like a seasoned veteran. Little does this chick know...she's about to draft DeMarcus Cousins.

UCLA ran into a buzz saw last night, Oregon played great & had a huge home court advantage....and had to nail a desperation buzzer beater to win.

...if anything, it just cemented UCLA in my eyes. They're really good, man. What a luxury Aaron Holiday is off the bench, kid is awesome. Reminds me of a Doron Lamb combo type w/ much more bounce to his game. Obviously, a little smaller.

-Hopefully the Cards bounce back just in time to smoke IU. #L1C4 People keep pointing to our shooting, but Louisville is one of the worst you'll ever see (except against us, of course) -- good grief they struggle to put the ball in the basketball. That Cards/Hoosiers game will be as opposite of a matchup as you could get. Charmin soft bombers vs. rugged defenders who can't score.

-Really curious to see how we play tonight. Cats by 8

-Looking forward to the Football game Saturday, but don't even feel the slightest regret of missing this particular trip.

Reactions: Touch_Em_All
Ok, I'm an idiot. Where did the Cousins thing come from?

DeMarcus Cousins was in the first class of players at Kentucky to play for John Calipari. He was a 2nd Team All-American, 1st Team SEC, and SEC Rookie of the Year. He averaged 15 Points and 10 Rebounds per game. He went by the nickname "Big Cuz" and was known for his temper, competitiveness and trash talking on the court. He now plays in the NBA for the Sacramento Kings, and is a 2 time NBA All Star. He won a Gold Medal playing for Team USA at the 2016 Rio Olympics.

important shit = Kentucky basketball
non-important shit = wedding

For a change, I'm actually starting to think wcc is gonna make this thing work. [thumb2][thumb2]

Reactions: JustinSphere
I honest to God have no idea if we had a wedding planner or not, that's how involved I was in the damn thing. I just smiled, nodded, and tried to be a steady rock for when she got stressed about center pieces or whatever the hell was going on during that blur of a night. I did plan the honeymoon, however, which was a million times more amazing and memorable and was one of the best weeks of my life. Would re-do the honeymoon all day everyday but the wedding is definitely for the wife, and it was a great night and she did awesome but it was just such a blur.

One of my wife's cousins has a soon to be husband who is being really controlling and demanding about the wedding- he is even setting how many will be in the bridal party and not letting her have as many bridesmaids as she wants. That has red flags and WTF all over it.

- Tried focusing on what UVA does on defense last night. That pack line crap is kind of amazing albeit it generates low scoring snoozefests. They go over every screen it seems and always have a shadow defender on the ball. They don't switch much at all. They force the drive and then there's so much help. Guess if you have a team that is disciplined and knows to make the extra pass that jumper will be there. You have to have a good shooting team to expose it.

- Q and Adel went back to being Q and Adel last night. And Mitchell's jumper is broke.

Saw Kirk Herbstreit do a little blurb for Sportscenter last night. He called JT Barrett "the greatest LEADER in Ohio State history."

I'm no OSU football history buff......but is he f'ing serious? JT Barrett??

Would like to have done the whole shebang. Play Sawgrass, bowl parties and what not...next year I'll carve out some time for post season play.

Feel like Wcc will be fine. Dude has been to more weddings than most normal humans. He's a smart little fella, I'm sure he took some notes.

My wife planned the whole wedding and made most of the decorations with her friends. We spent about $15k total. 150 people in attendance. We had a great time. Hopefully our guests had a great time. Still happily married with 3 kids.

Best thing about our wedding...my grandmother and my wife's grandfather were in attendance. Both were the last living "elders" in our families. And both passed away within 2 years. But on that day, they had a blast. And those are the family pictures we have on our mantle...the ones with our grandparents.

Packline D stresses help. For example, if you're one pass away, instead of being in the passing lane (deny), you are in a gap (help). If you aren't guarding the ball, you're in a gap/help. It's different from when we all played/practiced the 3 man "shell" drill.

What's really cool is watching the post guys work in it. Most pack line teams will never full front. Post guys play top side, never baseline side. But they MOVE when the ball is in the air. Guards are NEVER supposed to get beat baseline because of post D positioning. Drives are forced to the middle or a gap.

Skip passes and baseline drives make this D vulnerable, but it ultimately amounts to making shots. Packline tries to contest every shot, but the skip for a 3 is what is usually open. Guards are taught to close out with both hands up and NEVER leave their feet.

* Edit: hard to contest shots using your feet!

* A wedding is like anything else -- you should spend what you can afford. I guarantee I've been to at least 1 GYERO-centric wedding that was > $50k. And these folks could easily swing it. I completely understand why someone would want a basic ceremony/elope/caribbean island, but as a parent (if you've got the financial means), wouldn't you be pretty honored to throw a blowout? Within reason, I would.

(note: i'm highly unlikely to ever get married, so take this with a grain of salt)

^ Yo Strokin.

...at home over Christmas, the family was talking about some 8th Grader Zion Harmon playing Varsity over at BG, and apparently even made the All Tournament team at King of Bluegrass? o_O

What's the scoop on this kid? That's pretty incredible.

Cal needs to get over EVERY MAN SWITCHES CRAP with this team. Not built for it. Don't have a WCS or Davis that can guard all 5 positions. Bam got caught on Ball in a crucial moment against UCLA and obviously against UL with Snider. Never again. Drives me fng crazy.

He made a comment ystdy taking about when to go under vs when to go over so maybe he will be flexible some. We'll see.

Will see him up close and personal in about a month.

He's the top 8th grader in the nation. Said to be probably OAD talent if he continues to progress. He's only listed at 5'9 right now but is built like a truck. Obviously no middle schooler looks like him and not many high schoolers either. With that said, he may already be physically mature and not grow in height. If he gets taller, it won't be fair.

My good friend (HE WAS IN MY WEDDING) coaches him. Raves about him of course.

He's from Washington DC I think. I don't want to comment or speculate on how he wound up in BG because I don't know the story and I don't want to throw shade at my buddy. All I know is he is going to be difficult to prepare for over the next 5 years. . . unless he moves again.

Late.

-Sorry, SAE....echo the sentiments of everyone else.

-Buying our kids a trampoline for Christmas was probably our best gift move since becoming parents. Kids spending hours upon hours on that thing, neighbor kids lined up with jealousy, and gets the kids outside and active instead of just being camped out on the couch watching Disney Channel. Win/win/win/win/win, etc.

-Thomas Welsh is exactly what I want Humphries to become in a year. Won't get there this year, but he has that kind of potential.

-Between our California vacation and braces for my oldest in 2017, we'll basically be the anti-Beans for the next year. Send me your favorite ramen recipes, thanks.

Reactions: WettCat
Zion Harmon looks like he's got a bit of Freddy Adu syndrome. Meaning he looks like a grown ass man at 14. Not that it's a bad thing, but might not be a huge upside there. And he might not be 14. Just sayin...

harmon%2B2.jpg

That team jersey he's wearing in that pic . . .

that's an AAU team coached by another Kentucky high school coach. Kid was supposed to be going to school there, but he decided on BG instead.

KHSAA has fought the good fight for a long time, but AAU circuits are influencing a lot of high schoolers right now. Again, don't want to throw shade. It's just the nature of the beast.

There is another kid in BG that I think is a freshman this year and is supposed to be a redico football/basketball player as well. Supposedly blew up at some national combines and is a potential 5-star on the gridiron.

• If anybody needs two club level seats and will be around the middle TN area. I have two FREE for anybody not named BBdK. There is either a parking pas with them or a voucher for a program. I split them up and can't remember at the moment.

Last edited:
These kids somehow always "find" their way to BG. Been that way for awhile it seems like. Though I guess Central did that for awhile too in basketball with a few here and there.

Guess BG got tired of poaching the local county kids.

Yes, I am still bitter from high school. If everyone went to school in their own district we (Greenwood) would have likely at least been in the soccer state final. /bitter old man

Edit: yes Richie I played soccer OMFG gay!!11!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT