ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
- First time working this week in 12 years. It sucks.

- The MFing ESPN schedule app has UK-South Carolina at noon-3pm on Jan 21 which is why I okayed her friends to throw us an informal engagement party at a bar that night. After seeing BDdK's post and checking UK athletics and seeing that it is likely a night game, I let out a stream of cusswords and other things leading to an immediate fight with my fiance- who is the most thin skinned person on earth. I then see SAE's post and feel like a total a-hole for not having any perspective.

Anyway, come Jan.21, the game will be on and I will get scolded for watching it. No shits given. As my old college roomie tells his wife whenever she gets pissed at him- "You drafted DeMarcus Cousins."

- Rhinegeist on Sunday of Memorial Day weekend 2018 is locked in. Really cool event space they have. I don't care about much but I have always cared about feel and ambience. This place has it- plus great beer and Bulleitt Bourbon all night.

- So apparently we need a wedding planner. I think that is silly but her and her mom think it's necessary, and its on her dad so whatever.

- Honest to God- the one thing that most concerned me about getting married was cutting down a guest list. Humblebrag but I have way too many good friends. Going to be some cuts I don't want to make.

- Geesefeeder is right- Vanderpump Rules is great television.

- No sense panicking over recruiting class specifics in December. Options always open up.

- I LOVE our forwards. Vanderbilt is a stud. Washington is right there with him.

- No NYE plans of yet. Hoping for a night at home watching football.

- We have issues but man- Monk and Fox still have 3 months to grow. Same with Bam. I like my team.

Im not going if Adrian's going, unless he apologizes. Again.

wcc's posting with a wedding planner involved will make up for the down effect that having a perfectly reasonable, cool even, venue like Rhinegeist will have on his angst.

Wcc gonna be a groomzilla or nah?

I mean, we got an engagement party and wedding date set...what about the damn BACHELOR PARTY.

He'll probably just have some bros over to sip domestos in the basement. Maybe go take in a matinee, a nice romantic comedy.

article-2788300-2210166300000578-24_634x1001.jpg

* SAE is hands down the poster of the year. The rest of you posters took a back seat to his straightforward, no frills, smart alek posting style. The fact that he did so with such a huge issue lingering over his head.....damn. Not gonna lie -- there's a little bit of therapy in GYERO posting.

* Had a nice little date last night. My buddy's wife's sister. Lives in LA, but moving back here at some point soon. In town for a few weeks. Staying with her parents (who I've met before). So, I get to go all the way up to the door last night, come in and sit down with the parents, chit chat, have a beer. I'm 38, and she's 36, but I felt like I was in high school again.

* Actually had a nice experience with Spirit. Direct flight to Vegas. Plane was newer/clean/nice. Most annoying part is all the stupid add ons. Just quote me the f'ing price, for petes sake. It's one thing to charge to check a bag, but it's another to charge for...uhh....your seat.

"Yes, in fact, I *would* like to go ahead and add a seat for this flight." [eyeroll]

* :joy::joy::joy:
at wcc. I'm no wedding expert, but if you're completely put out and shocked by having to hire a wedding planner, then you've got a long road to hoe. Whew.

Just throwing this out there ahead of time, to ease you into it. You'll also order flowers, hire a photographer, and have to buy a ring.

#yourewelcome

FOLKS & JIM, LET ME INTERRUPT BEFORE WE GO ANY FUTHER AND GIVE A MAJOR SHOUTOUT TO MY MAN, PAPA. HE'S THE BEST. JIM.. LIKE, HAVE YOU HAD PAPA JOHN'S DEEP DISH?! *Cal starts to eat on his own podcast, lips smacking.* THIS STUFF IS RIDICULOUS. WAS WITH PAPA LAST SPRING AND TOLD HIM.. YOU GOTTA DO A DEEP DISH. HE WAS LIKE.. WHAT?!

ELLEN... GET DOWN HERE, GATHER THE KIDS AND LET'S MAKE TONIGHT A PAPA JOHN'S NIGHT. WE CAN USE PROMO CODE CALCAST FOR 20% OFF DELIVERY.

JIM, THESE SATELLITE CAMPS. HELPING OTHERS UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU'RE ABOUT.

I listened to the Barkley one...it was pretty good when he'd let Chuck talk, but that wasn't often.

Cool idea & ahead of the curve/peers as always -- but I just can't listen to Cal for that long a period.

Reactions: GYERater
Lol, @ WCC.:joy:

This may go even better than I was hoping.

If you're not footing the bill then go with the planner. Actually, other than elope, wedding planner is my biggest suggestion for weddings. #1 it takes your say out of it so you get out of the silly decisons. #2 it really will decrease the stress during those 2 or 3 days as she will take care of EVERYTHING if she's worth a damn. Ours spent most of the day trying to get the wedding party from getting too drunk before the ceremony. But they deal with all the vendors, problems, getting people where they're supposed to be etc. All the headaches on the day of.

-Enjoyed all 4 contrary to what I thought. Figured it would be mostly awful. Really liked the K podcast.

The podcast with Coach K was good in that they traded coaching stories and philosophies. Always fascinated with how these guys get their start. K talking about the old 5 Star Camp where tons of coaching legends cut their teeth.

^ I'd like to listen to that one.

-Run The Jewels is terrible music, I truly do not get it.

<----- love me some Pat Narduzzi. What a crazy man & great coach.

-Watched some Amiri King videos last night. Way late, but that dude is a riot.

Married at Moon Palace in Cancun and met with a wedding planner once we arrived. A few family members were there for the wedding and then they left so we could have our time together. Easy,breezy,beautiful.

Maybe I just got really lucky but my wife showed zero stress for our wedding and she basically planned it all. Hell, she even made the invitations and thank you cards herself.

I basically just showed up, drank a few cold ones in the parking lot, said "I do", took some pictures and headed to the reception.

If we were to have done it differently, we would have taken the pictures before the wedding. Superstitions aside, I'd much would have rather had that time at the reception than taking 300 pictures with the family and wedding party.

Waiting for the Pti comment about how weddings are a stupid waste of money. Think about what 50k could do with compounding interest over the next 20-30 years (if you actually stay married, lol.)

Just go to the courthouse, make it legal, then rent out the clubhouse at the apartment complex and invite some friends, couple cases of miller lite on ice, and set your ipod favorite playlist on play.

Do they give you the option to say "Nah, I'm good, it's a pretty short flight so I think I'll stand." I mean, that has to be against some regulations.

I bet they give you a little carpet square to sit on. Maybe access to a handle or two in case things get bumpy.

Reactions: _Chase_
Waiting for the Pti comment about how weddings are a stupid waste of money. Think about what 50k could do with compounding interest over the next 20-30 years.

Would only help pay for the inevitable divorce which resulted from the fact that you didn't give her a wedding.

Just go to the courthouse, make it legal, then rent out the clubhouse at the apartment complex and invite some friends, couple cases of miller lite on ice, and set your ipod favorite playlist on play.
We pretty much did that. Immediate families stayed in AirBNB's for the week. Morning marriage at City Hall - the officiant was an awesome NYer who was proud to marry us by the power vested in him by "THE GREAT STATE OF NEW YAWK!" (This guy), walked to a nice little brunch, dinner party hosted by my cousin in Tribeca and a reception at our neighborhood pub the following night. The City Hall marriage scene there is pretty fun, tbh. Lots of stoked families and friends, a great vibe of humanity, IMO.

Then we had a "highlights package wedding" in NKY.

Does anyone know what a "highlights package wedding" is? Just normal weird Joey stuff, I assume?

I mean, I get the weddings are for her. It's her big day to be a princess and what not....but damn, can't imagine blowing 50-200k+ on one day.

(praying for boys)

Bowl Gambol ---> if you're doing well (like me), you're betting the Dogs, which have now covered 13 straight games this bowl season.o_O That's pretty silly.

WKU was the last fav to cover. #Tops

Wasn't NC state a favorite over vandy?

I mean, I get the weddings are for her. It's her big day to be a princess and what not....but damn, can't imagine blowing 50-200k+ on one day.

(praying for boys)
I haven't crossed this bridge yet, but if my daughter asks for a 50K wedding, I'm going to feel like I did something wrong.

Reactions: TransyCat09
Attended a wedding this year that I wouldn't be shocked AT ALL if it ran close to $200K.

The gold flaked donuts handed out as you left seemed a bit excessive, if not appreciated.

Reactions: Mashburned
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT