ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
It may have been exceptionally bad compared to previous years, but it will continue to get much, much worse. The standard for "icon" is really low these days.

Just wait until "we lose" Bob Dylan, Mick Jagger, Paul McCartney, Sean Connery, Chevy Chase, Dolly Parton, Jessica Lange, Judi Dench, and Jimmy Smits in 2017.

There are hundreds of famous people set to die over the next couple decades. And at the time of their death, everyone is elevated at least one level of fame because OMG I CAN'T BELIEVE BJORK IS DEAD!

So just get ready in 2017 to start hearing WHY ARE ALL THE CELEBRITIES DYING IS IT LIKE THE BEES SITUATION WILL THE WORLD END CLICK HERE TO FIND OUT WHAT THESE SCIENTISTS ARE SAYING.

Just wait until "we lose" Bob Dylan, Mick Jagger, Paul McCartney, Sean Connery, Chevy Chase, Dolly Parton, Jessica Lange, Judi Dench, and Jimmy Smits in 2017.

I'm almost looking forward to Bruce Springsteen's death just to see the reaction from all the middle-aged white sportswriters calling him the most important historical figure since Jesus.

Bob Dylan won a Nobel Peace Prize. Can someone please explain why? I don't really follow these things.

Reactions: NW50
Dont you guys read twitter? Celebrities aren't going to die in 2017. It's just crazy ass 2016! This year is the worst ugh!!! Come on 2017 THE YEAR OF CELEBRITY IMMORTALITY

Reactions: BleedBlueCats21
I get it, but this year was exceptionally bad. We lost some GD icons this year- Prince, Bowie, Glenn Frey, Arnold Palmer, Gordie Howe, George Michael, Carrie Fisher, John Glenn, Leonard Cohen, Nancy Reagan, Merle Haggard, Pat Summitt, Gene Wilder.
...and you care so much you left the biggest name off. IIRC you even visited his childhood home. :rolleyes:

Reactions: TransyCat09
C0s8qdtXcAEx9sB.jpg:large

Anth....
1) She has given us PLENTY of material and is ridiculously obnoxious, even by GYERO standards.
2) Don't get mad because she's now part of the Super Elite VIP UK Athletics Crew.
1. True.
2. I have actual experiences that justify disliking her and my feeling have been stated numerous times.

Just don't water it down, is more what I was saying.

Reactions: IsRichieGonnaStart
Alf didn't die - he was voiced by Prince - a lot of people didn't know that. Prince died. Alf was a muppet

Alf didn't die - he was voiced by Prince - a lot of people didn't know that. Prince died. Alf was a muppet

Alf's acting is one thing that overshadowed Prince and some say that's ultimately what killed Prince. All he ever wanted was to be recognized for being Alf's voice. Sad.

COME ON DORN - GET IN FRONT OF THE DAMN BALL! DON'T GIVE ME THIS OLE' BULLSHIT!

Given it some thought and Major League is probably my favorite movie of all time. Still incredibly quotable and that final game against the Yankees just gets it when it comes to drama.

Natural and Major League are cornerstones in my childhood development. Real bonding stuff for father/son. Speaking of, bought Big A a sweet Rawlings glove with "PaPop" embroidered on the thumb. It's gorgeous.

Reactions: wildcat1973
Ok, we have 8 games before Kansas at home in late January. What will be our record in these 8? 40-0!!1!1!!1!! is not an acceptable answer.

Dec. 29 at Ole Miss ESPN2 8 p.m.
Jan. 3 vs. Texas A&M ESPN 9 p.m.
Jan. 7 vs. Arkansas SEC Network 8:30 p.m.
Jan. 10 at Vanderbilt ESPN 7 p.m.
Jan. 14 vs. Auburn ESPN/ESPN2 4 p.m.
Jan. 17 at Mississippi State ESPN 7 p.m.
Jan. 21 vs. South Carolina ESPN/ESPN2 4-8 p.m.
Jan. 24 at Tennessee ESPN 9 p.m.

If we want a 1 or 2 we need to win all those, maybe UT gets us?. The only two we could drop is OM or UT and I don't see us losing the OM after last week and we damn sure aren't losing at home again.

Haven't been posting much and likely won't for a while, but felt I should share. Last Wednesday afternoon as I was headed home and possibly securing a ticket for the UofL game, my Dad called and let me know that they're going to stop chemo on my mom and let her go peacefully and as comfortably as possible at home with Hosparus. Weeks to months, but her oncologist recommended that we be thinking in terms of weeks.

So the good news is that I get to spend time with my mom as she passes away, but yea, it's devastating.

UK grad. Married for 45 years. 5 college educated sons. 4 grandchildren. Hundreds of friends. An exceptional woman and always a lady. I'm really going to miss her, and I can't fathom how this goes from here, much less life without her. A true matriarch.

My family prefers to not share much of anything on Facebook, so please don't post anything about it on there. Appreciate any private prayers for her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT