ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just now getting to our 89th Christmas in the last 3 days. I'm actually LOOKING FORWARD to going to work tomorrow.

???

Holidays are all about relaxing at home, having some brews/brown, eating too much, napping on the couch, watching some football, and just taking it all in.

If you aren't doing this ------------> You're doing it wrong!!!

[eyeroll]:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Throw in a few hundo miles in a day, and get back to me. Or maybe you did. You will sooner than later. #owensboro

Reactions: IsRichieGonnaStart
I'd honestly like to have: $65, would do for $45
thumb.aspx

Why is it so hard to put your foot down with your family?

Like, your family for Thanksgiving and hers for Christmas? Or something like that. You're not legally required to see everyone in your family tree every holiday.

Reactions: MaxPowerrr
Your "reasonable advice" is what, exactly? To tell my Mom and Meemommie (and corresponding family) to touch off?

Umm, most reasonable people will sacrifice for their families...moms & grandmas in particular. I've missed exactly one holiday (Thanksgiving) in my entire life...to go to NYC with my wife, and it broke my mom's heart. I'll never do it again.

I'm never miserable, I just acknowledge my holidays aren't the "OMG I CANT WAIT TO RELAX AND SIT AROUND & ENJOY!!!!" fest that apparently most of you enjoy...it's all good.

I love it for Christmas, actually -- just way less enthusiastic about doing it a few weeks earlier for "Thankgviving" which draws so much ire around here -- but hey, FAMILY!!! #blessed

Last edited:
Because it's called marriage, Urcsh. And because her family lives out of town she wants to visit everyone when we go back to her hometown and no way can we not go back for at least one day during Christmas regardless what makes sense or what we do for Thanksgiving.

Reactions: B.B.d.K.
^ Jelly. PTi(pti) has it all figured out, man! Enjoy Christmas on Bourbon. #Razoos

-If you were my SnapChat friend you'd know how much I love the holidays, but only my most closest webbers are privy to that info.

Pairing a new device can be one of life's great frustrations. The little light's a blinkin', the phone/tablet is scanning... No devices found.

:chairshot:

Reactions: Touch_Em_All
I arranged for today's little extry Holiday hangout with my cousin's fam - in town from Paris - (French husband and new Bebe) to be a meetup at the USAF museum with a nice post-museum lunch at my aunt's. That's how you do it IMO.

Next time, just get your Owensboro kin to drive to Fairborn, Ohio and meet them there, bub.

/tri-monthly plug for the National USAF Museum.

Reactions: drxman1
Just now getting to our 89th Christmas in the last 3 days. I'm actually LOOKING FORWARD to going to work tomorrow.

Anyone else we need to squeeze in? Maybe we can visit some distant cousins for dessert as a night cap around midnight so I can eat some more and they can see the baby.

I need to shut up. I really do because it's a true blessing to visit with everyone for Christmas but I'm
stuffed to the point where nothing sounds good, half delirious and irritable. All I want to do is go home, lay around in my pj's and scratch my balls.
I was absolutely miserable the last 2 days. Had about 2 hours of downtime from Friday until last night. Shew.

Actually have planned next year's Christmas will be a pajama jammy jam. Everybody's on board. Will be glorious.
Finally talking your friends into an event with elastic waist bands. at what point do you go all sweat pants?

Like, your family for Thanksgiving and hers for Christmas? Or something like that. You're not legally required to see everyone in your family tree every holiday.
:joy:

Bwahahahhahh[roll]

Ok.

-Even cottage cheese is good.

-PTI, you are clueless, bubs.

-I miss Thanksgiving most years in favor of a vacay and my mom hates it. Sorry mom.

-The West/Schem Christmases somehow got flip-flopped. It used to be that one year my sisters and their fams were in town and the MCF's were at her family's, out of town. And then the next year, vice versa. (We did have to have make-up Christmas the weekend before or after.) Now, everyone is in town the same year and then everyone is out of town the next. So we spend 2-3 hour chunks of time with each family. Plus work around G's nap schedule/bedtime, etc. and my nephews'. It's exhausting and we don't get to do any of it without being rushed. Then when everyone is out of town, we make up Christmas for weeks on end, it seems.

-Rich, how's life with the new babe? When does the lass go back to work?

Reactions: B.B.d.K.
WS... Life is good. Truly am blessed.

The lass has been great at getting up throughout the night to nurse so I shouldn't complain. The little lass got a little worn down herself over the last few days and went on the crying spree on Christmas night.

Lass goes back to work on Jan 18.

This is exactly what we've done the past 5 years. Never been a problem for either family, to boot. It's like reasonable people understand geography and time constraints or something.

Lost in the Christmas shuffle is how ridiculously well football recruiting is going.

http://www.kentucky.com/sports/coll...ootball/article122504559.html#navlink=SecList

Looks like we lead for Bowden and Davis as well? Two more top 250 dudes. Gracious. There's also the 4 star offensive tackle out of Cincy where if Ohio State doesn't offer should be Lex bound.

It's so hard to place a finite value on what beating UL and going to the Gator Bowl did.

Top 15 class possible?

05 had his tonsils and adenoids removed a few weeks ago. The total bill was $7400. The surgeon billed $425.

:eek:o_O:scream:

Insurance.

Yesterday should've been that day but I was wore the hell out. Thought for sure I had contracted whatever the hell is destroying peoples voices/head cold. Seems like 50% of the people we ran into were either currently sick or just getting over it and had no voice. So I ate like shit yesterday, played the craps simulator and watched football while avoiding my phone like the plague.

Good night sleep last night and I feel solid. Shew.

You know what was miserable about the holidays? Dodging mortars and listening to everybody bitch about how hard it was back in America trying to see their families.
thank you for your service Dr Rambo

I bet those infantry guys were glad they had you there as a human shield to protect them from all that mortar fire

I bet those infantry guys were glad they had you there as a human shield to protect them from all that mortar fire

They were happy I was there after they got hit.

Too bad you weren't there, guess you were tasked for more arctic duty. They could fit more guys in you than a taun taun in a blizzard.

They were happy I was there after they got hit.

Too bad you weren't there, guess you were tasked for more arctic duty. They could fit more guys in you than a taun taun in a blizzard.
You're one to talk Dr Whopper, at least my hair hasn't fallen out.

Man sumo- the sport, the culture, etc.- is really effing weird.

It's a good weird, but just odd. Like how did that all start?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT