ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Let's round up the fat kids, make them fatter, then watch 'em wrestle in diapers in big arenas!" - some Japanese guy thousands of years ago who knew what the people wanted, apparently

Is CenturyCat still pissed at Calipari? Not a fan of the University of One and Done? Not a fan of winning 30 games a year? Players First!

:rolleyes:

That's fantastic if for no other reason than having an awesome story to laugh about with your buddies and tell your kids. That video is gonna spawn a slew of infinitely less talented players pulling up from half-court, air balling it and their coaches losing their minds. For that reason alone it was a good shot.

Reactions: NW50 and funKYcat75
Is CenturyCat still pissed at Calipari? Not a fan of the University of One and Done? Not a fan of winning 30 games a year? Players First!

:rolleyes:

Come on, man. In the wake of the U of L game, I was expressing frustration with THE SYSTEM. And yes, I hate THE EFFING SYSTEM.

You get one year, one shot. I wish we'd have closed the deal 2 other times (and we should have) but I love my boy John, always have.

IMO, anything would be better than OAD. Under any other scenario, we'd get at least 2 years of continuity. In 2011, the NBA was -><- close to making it 2 years, which would have changed everything.

So yes, it's frustrating that the sport I care about the most has the least margin for error, and the least fan-friendly structure, of any sport out there.

As for Cal, I'm on record as wanting him in 2007 and of course in 2009. Nobody else I'd want as coach, he's perfect for this gig.

But as for the system, yes, OAD can EAD.

05 had his tonsils and adenoids removed a few weeks ago. The total bill was $7400. The surgeon billed $425.

:eek:o_O:scream:

Insurance.
Gal I'm acquaintances with just broke her tibia out drinking at the bars the other night. She doesn't have the money to pay for it (even though she makes plenty), opted not to pay for insurance but of course she started a gofundme page for $10K. The irony is that about two weeks prior to the accident she spent at least $2K+ on a Superman tattoo(elbow to shoulder) and a tattoo that "symbolizes strength" on the same leg she broke.

<----pays for insurance and will not be donating to her fund.

Reactions: NW50
IMO, anything would be better than OAD. Under any other scenario, we'd get at least 2 years of continuity. In 2011, the NBA was -><- close to making it 2 years, which would have changed everything.

The NBA lock out in 2011 was a big reason why Jones returned. If he doesn't come back for a second season, we don't win it all in 2012.

Reactions: JustinSphere
Jim Harbaugh on the Cal Cast today. In less than a month he's lined up guests that any national radio show would kill for and probably couldn't land in that short of a window. Charles Barkley. Coach K. Jim Harbaugh. Best part is how they let their guards down and just bullshit with Cal.

How many more titles would Cal have if each team had one more player that should've been on the roster the entire season?

2010: Meeks
2011: Kanter
2013: Noel & Teague
2014: WCS
2015: Poythress
2016: Dakari
2017: Lee

In 2010, 2011, 2014 and 2015 they could very well have won titles with Meeks/Kanter/WCS/Poythress playing in late March/early April. And if they win it all in 2010 and 2015, the count is 10-3 us over Duke instead of 8-5.

Happy New Year!

Meeks plays and Bledsoe returns with Kanter for year 2011. Whatever.

-Lol, I look a little puffy. Guess thats better than looking a lot FAT!! FWIW, still within 5 of my standard weight coming off basically 6 weeks of travel and holiday eating.

Congrats on being only 5 pounds over your standard Fanth.

Go enjoy a nice big bag of dicks. You've EARNED it.

Josh Carrier basically did that to our HS his entire career.

We'd play this extended 3-2 zone and he'd casually pull up all day from just inside half court. Just stupid.

Just wait until 2017, 2018, 2019, etc...

The Oscar's "In Memoriam" montage is going to need its own time slot.

Was kind of thinking about this. Getting into the time were the early Celebrity boom is 50-60 years ago. Not a lot of these really register for me. Prince sucked b/c I would have liked to seen him live. Ali had been all but gone for years.

Reactions: roguemocha
Plus, the term "stalking" infers a searching for in order to give unwanted attention. I don't believe that term can be correctly used here.

I cannot imagine a single person dying outside of personal contacts that really would bother me.

Yep. If I don't know 'em personally, f*ck 'em. War, disease, famine, terrorism, accidents, etc? Whatever. Every man for himself; no one gets out alive anyhow.

I get it, but this year was exceptionally bad. We lost some GD icons this year- Prince, Bowie, Glenn Frey, Arnold Palmer, Gordie Howe, George Michael, Carrie Fisher, John Glenn, Leonard Cohen, Nancy Reagan, Merle Haggard, Pat Summitt, Gene Wilder.

Of all those^, the only ones I gave more than a passing thought were Merle and Prince.

And Merle was old enough that it wasn't even a surprise, so his death was really just an excuse for me to listen to his Pandora station for a few weeks straight.

Reactions: roguemocha
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT