ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Plenty of time for the lights to come on, but there are more than a couple lights that need to come on. Gabriel is as raw as it gets. Willis--I don't know if it's ever happening but he's Darius Miller from the first half of his career, and he needs to find that confidence that Miller found. I'd be surprised to see it happen, but that's one light that can come on that could change this season. One of many. The defense is obviously a disaster. That's not a Calipari-level defense out there at all. Monk and Fox both need to evolve the way Jamal Murray did, from free-wheeling, fun-loving, future NBA draft picks to seasoned players on a mission to win college games. One light that came on tonight was the real Bam showed up. He needs to start taking lives in the paint and trying to break rims like that on every possession. The 2011 and 2014 teams needed all season for everything to finally come together. This team is constructed a lot more like them than the last two seasons.

This team is raw, and Cal is right-- undisciplined. We've gotten used to a Tyler Ulis led offense, we're used to having a handful of sophomores and juniors to keep things steady in the early season the last couple years. This team isn't that. They're back to the 2011-2014 mold of mostly brand new guys learning what it takes to win on this level. How they respond to losing games like this is going to define who they become for better or worse. 10-2 overall and 1-2 in real games doesn't cut it. And beating Ole Miss or who-the-f***-ever we play next by 35 points isn't going to make it better. Chad's right. Nothing matters till March. But the path to becoming that team that can do something in March to make this s*** right starts right now with whether or not these guys recognize that this isn't good enough, and what they do about it. That s*** starts tomorrow morning.

/rant.

-We held UL to less than 1 point per possession on their homecourt despite them shooting over 40% from 3. It was easily our best defensive performance against a top 10 team so far this season.

-Monk was miserable tonight. He managed a paltry 0.94 points per shot. When he doesn't shoot well, he is a net negative because he brings nothing else to the table. His rebounding is rather poor for a guard, he isn't getting steals anymore, and he isn't a great ball handler.

-Fox wastes possessions with midrange jumpers.

-Louisville adjusted, limited our transition changes, and dared us to beat them in the halfcourt where we proved to be rather one dimensional. We should be working to get shooters like Monk, Willis, and Mulder shots rather than hoping Monk or Fox can do something when they get the ball.

-Underrated performers tonight were Willis and Gabriel. Gabriel had 7 boards and 2 blocks in just 12 minutes while Willis had 9 boards and a steal in 28 minutes.

-Snyder will get the pub for UL, but Adel was also very good.

-Objectively, not a bad loss. It's a road loss against a good team. Looking so pitiful in the halfcourt in a rivalry game following an exciting performance is a bummer.

We lost its sucks. We can bounce back but they exposed our offense. Our D is not good. We have no rim protection. Second round team we can do better but it's up to offense go cats.

Tyler Ulis led us to a loss to auburn and a choke job 22 point comeback loss to tennessee. Some of you are absolutely hilarious in how you compare players of the past to now (in December). 7 years and you still don't adjust to UK under Cal. This team can win it all and a loss to a top 10 team on the road mean nothing.

Reactions: Mossip
Tyler Ulis led us to a loss to auburn and a choke job 22 point comeback loss to tennessee. Some of you are absolutely hilarious in how you compare players of the past to now (in December). 7 years and you still don't adjust to UK under Cal. This team can win it all and a loss to a top 10 team on the road mean nothing.
You can take Tyler Ulis' GD name out'cha mouth...

Well, we gave up nearly 200 GD points to the other two top 10 teams we played, so excuse me if I'm not dancing on the f***ing ceiling over our defensive effort in this one.

Reactions: Mashburned
Is it ok to say Monk is a streaky shooter again?
Shot selection has been suspect all along but tonight was extremely atrocious. He will get smarter and hopefully gets better plays run for him to get better looks going forward. The one on one, one on two dribble exhibitions shit came back to bite him tonight.

Reactions: fatguy87
00fcfc2f-5037-4872-ad33-a4a2b87a8127
giphy.gif

Fu*k Louisville. Fu*k snider. Fu*k Pitino. Fu*k fts. Fu*k Willis. Fu*k our defense. Fu*k you guys goodnight.

We are a team led by 3 freshmen. They are going to make some questionable decisions on both ends of the floor. Shot selection and weak side rotation are the biggest flaws right now. Very fixable.

FTs are a problem and we DO have streaky shooters. But the explosion factor of this team is so strong you have to give them the freedom to hunt some of those shots. That freedom looks like undisciplined basketball in the half court sometimes. They are going to cause a few heart problems this year so plan your bad habits accordingly.

We're going to have the hap hap happiest Christmas since Bing Crosby tap danced with Danny fvcking Kay!!

The only time I actually like that nobody gives a shit about college bball is after Kentucky loses because I don't really have to hear about it from anyone around me. Puppies to the Louisville folks around here God speed.

Reactions: MotorCityKat
We'll always be a team led by 3-4 freshmen. Who will go and make millions in the summer. Repeat.

We're the 21st century UNC - a galaxy of NBA players, a shit-ton of regular season wins to pad our lead (which is cool) but without titles to show for it - although sometimes there's a rare exception. But that's OK because we're a players-first program, not a titles-first program, and it sure is fun watching these youngsters play ball for 4 months at a time!

Let's start raising banners for lotto picks. Would it be tacky to put dollar signs on the banners, showing how much they've earned in the league?

Don't waste time worrying about tonight's game - dry your tears and just wait til next November - our recruiting class next year is going to be bonkers!

Could not believe how strongly Rece, J-Wil and Seth ripped him at halftime. And others on espn postgame.

Generally acknowledged that everyone knows he's a complete psycho bitch. I couldn't believe how hard J-Wil went after K, and Seth even got to play the "if this were anywhere but Duke . . . " card before Rece cut him off.

Public criticism has hit critical mass, which at some point soon will force K's weepy hand to do something. Before someone without a sense of humor absolutely kicks his ass and lays waste to him.

Actually, I hope it's after that, not before.

Reactions: WettCat
Allen ruined his already falling draft stock and i love his failure.

Most frustrating thing about tonight is that we have only ONE more big game this entire season, Kansas at Rupp. That's it, thanks to the SEC. Only chance of a one seed is winning out. Of course arkansas will probably get our seed one hour after we beat them by 25 in the SEC championship.

Reactions: Stonewall12
Let's be honest we missed a lot of shots tonight. Otherwise we roll.

5-22 is never going to get it done.

Last edited:
1 National Championship, 1 Runner Up, 4 Final Fours, a 38-1 team, Wall, Cousins, Knight, Davis, Kidd-Gilchrist, Jones, Anthony-Towns, Ulis, Fox, Monk...in just 7 seasons. And another Top 10 team this season.

Some of you need to get a grip. The Calipari era at Kentucky has been incredible. Go find another team to root for if this isn't good enough for you.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT