ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mid-day release on that amended NOA. If they hammer UNC, there's no way in hell UL is getting off with that BS self-imposed ban and nothing else.

Mid-day release on that amended NOA. If they hammer UNC, there's no way in hell UL is getting off with that BS self-imposed ban and nothing else.

Seems to me the NCAA has come back a little feisty here in the last few months with that ND ruling and everything else. I wouldn't be feeling too comfortable if I were Louisville or UNC.

[laughing]

wI5E1ll.gif

that lineup he inserted took us from up 3 to down 3 which was not the killer. The killer was it changed the dynamic of the rest of the game. He was trying to make a point on defense, do that garbage in practice not against our most hated rival.

-Willis is going to have to be the 4 right now. Gabriel is regressing and falling down at an astounding rate. Great energy guy off the bench.

-To be honest I don't think UL played that well. They had several lulls in production. We had PLENTY of chances to stretch a lead out and didn't because of bone head plays, poor shots, lazy rebounding and missed FT's. Snyder played out of his ass, mostly because we

-It's a win for the other teams if Fox/Briscoe take anything but a layup or floater. If they're going to sag those two have to create fouls by relentlessly driving or feed Bam.

that lineup he inserted took us from up 3 to down 3 which was not the killer. The killer was it changed the dynamic of the rest of the game. He was trying to make a point on defense, do that garbage in practice not against our most hated rival.
Good point, John. "I'll show you little shits. Here's a line up that's not good at defending OR scoring."

Similar to Fox being on the bench for line 3 of the last 6 minutes vs UCLA.

Reactions: JustinSphere
^We have a 1.5 year old as well.

-I'm not giving props to Willis. Missed 3 wide open 3's. Bam is the only person on the UK sideline who I would say can hold his head high. Dude was there to take heads last night.

We have a bunch of players playing out of position. Not a problem in an up and down transition game. But when the game slows down, and true positions become apparent, we are going to struggle. Bam isn't a Center. Willis definitely isn't a 4, but can't guard the 3. Not sure if Gabriel is a 3 or a 4...raw raw raw. Briscoe is a PG???...definitely not a 3, and 100% can't guard an athletic 3.

Fox and Monk are the prototype NBA 1 and 2. And after that, we're a bunch of something. It's a good something, but in a 60-70 point game, we're going to have to grind. And not sure if we have the discipline to shoot over zones.

I'm gonna chalk this up to basically (in no particular order) ---- 1) heated rival 2) first road game 3) youth/dumb/arrogance 4) not making concentrated effort to establish Bam (even prior to this game)

About # 4 - It's crucial that we establish him early. It's absolutely ridiculous he only got up six (6) shots (avoiding foul trouble and playing 35 minutes) while Mr. Monk & Fox got up 32 combined. You serious, Clark? Fox drank the poison but it was his first road test in a harsh environment so I'll give him a pass. But to me, this is where Briscoe was the most disappointing... when the frosh guards are acting out (expected) he has to show that veteran leadership and get the guys into the right stuff. Make it a point to get big fella on the block. Oh he kicked it out? Give it to him again, dammit. Bledsoe has to be *that guy* in making the right plays and getting guys in the right spots...especially in 'winning time'.

Need BBdK's boy to be that calming influence when everyone else has lost their mind and I haven't really seen that yet. Maybe I expected too much but he's got to take more ownership of this team.

Last edited:
Bam getting more touches we seemingly can and will fix, shot selection should certainly improve going forward, defense has to improve, right?, overall offense should improve as they learn and run more set plays, and rebounding will continue to hopefully get better. Cal is wonderful when he emphasizes something and getting the guys attention.... Carolina is the best rebounding team in the country and he harps on it all week...we out rebound them that game. So im not too worried about us figuring out some of these weaknesses and truly getting them corrected.

The hard part for Cal is going to be when to use Hawkins and Mulder and when to use Willis and Gabriel. Going forward id probably give Mulder the 17 a game Hawkins gets and give Hawkins the 12 a game Mulder gets. They both bring something to the table but i think Mulder can bring a tad more, id like to be proven wrong or right on that and see what Mulder really has in extended minutes. Willis and Gabriel is tough as well because they both bring something to the table and neither seemingly can demand more minutes with what they bring. Hopefully, one or two of those 4 truly emerge and demand the minutes but if not Cal will earn his big bucks minute to minute and matchup to matchup trying to get the most out of the 4 position and the most out of his 4th guard.

Reactions: wcc31
^ I got a Porsche, boat, and a hot tub since you been gone.

False, false, and false. It hasn't been that long. You were already Dr. Cheesedick McBigCalves prior to my absence.

Here's a general question for the group as a group of far more American sports fans than my peer circle:

I want to spread a little bit of my old man's ashes at Lambeau next September.

Risks? Issues? Feasability? I am hoping to get front row seats for me and a few buddies and get lucky.

Reactions: drxman1
Rhinegeist has emerged as the favorite for the wedding locale. Developing ...

-Great spot, would be very cool, but I hope you arent planning a summer wedding bc the place doesnt have AC, is the hottest place Ive ever been on earth in the summer and coupled with the humidity and stale beer smell due to the heat smelled like an elephant house. Absolutely love the place in the spring, fall and winter though.

-This team is fun to watch and has some great players, but the pieces dont match. Briscoe doesnt fit, and Willis and Gabriel are very mediocre contributors. If Cal were able to recruit a serviceable 3, Briscoe doesnt get 10 minutes a game. He's pretty awful at everything he does TBH.

-This team has final 4 potential on talent alone and just running people to death, but they dont have the pieces to win it all. And until Cal decides that switching all 5 positions on defense is not a good idea, he's not winning another title unless he is lucky enough to have Davis and MKG on his team again. Switching doesnt work, is ignorant and arrogant coaching and it pisses me off. Felt sorry for Bam last night at the end guarding Snyder. Dude looked like he was on ice skates.

-Speaking of ice skating, heading down to Fountain Square for the day with my daughter and 3 of her friends in an hour. Perfect day for it. Then Im ready to settle in the next 2 weeks and watch some awesome bowl matchups to see how the conferences stack up against each other. Like UCL said, college games are shorter than NFL games and fun to watch.
what-homer-simpson-taught-us-about-doughnuts

Per Wisconsin:

440.80 Disposition of cremated remains.

(2) Manner of disposition. A person may dispose of cremated remains only in one of the following manners:
(a) Placing the remains in a grave, niche, or crypt.
(b) Disposing of the remains in any other lawful manner, but only if the remains are reduced to a particle size of one-eighth inch or less.

Seems to be about the only guidelines in Wisconsin, per my 3 minute google search. Personally, I'd try it, but be prepared to be kicked out or worst scenario charged with some bullshit fine or misdemeanor, depending on if security there are assholes or not.

I'd try contacting them and asking permission. Maybe they'll let you spread a small amount somewhere on the field and you won't have to sneak to do it. If they say no, you can always just do it ninja-style and hope you don't get caught.

***Personal opinion and in no way legal advice, especially since I am not licensed in the shithole that is Wisconsin.***

Reactions: NW50
Briscoe is in a bit of a funk, but that's crazy talk. He's a damn good college basketball player w/ some obvious flaws.

-Would Charles Matthews be playing/helping? (doubt it)

Marcus Lee, as much as I was indifferent to see him go, would though.

I know he's your boy and you love him, and Im not being redass, Im being realistic. His jumper is more broken than last year, people are figuring out his drives and he I think he got blocked at least 3 times last night and his defense is very, very mediocre. If we had a decent 3, Briscoe wouldnt play. He certainly wouldnt play in front of Fox or Monk and he's not a 3..

This team is weird. A tall PG, 2 smallish guards at the 2 and 3 who are both 6'3 and cant defense worth a shit and 2 4s that dont do anything on offense and ESPECIALLY defense. And a horrible, terrible bench.

Pretty sure I never ever said college football games were shorter than NFL games. However, I did say that NFL games are generally shit in comparison, entertainment-wise. Because they are. Enjoy.

In better news, looks like Carolina being Carolina towards the NCAA has blown up in their face in a huge way. Merry CHRISTmas!

Reactions: BigBadBlueDaddy
Pretty sure I never ever said college football games were shorter than NFL games. However, I did say that NFL games are generally shit in comparison, entertainment-wise. Because they are. Enjoy.

In better news, looks like Carolina being Carolina towards the NCAA has blown up in their face in a huge way. Merry CHRISTmas!

No, you said NFL games were waaaayyyyy to long. I can go show you if you want, will only take a few minutes. I then posted several links showing that college games are much longer than NFL games with stats backing it.

College football is boring bullshit millenial sport where everyone gets a trophy. 82 of 123 teams get rewarded with .500 records. Its crap and if you say you have watched 1 single bowl game so far you are either a liar or have a really sad pathetic life and I feel sorry for you.

Reactions: Mossip
College Football is for winners. NFL is for losers. Not debatable.

So is college football. Its so meaningless that the better player are now skipping their bowl games. Even the players dont give a f&(k about it.

Like I said, I dont watch any NFL except the Bengals. Ever. But for someone to say the NFL sucks because its too long while propping up the top heavy, boring, high school level football that is college football where games routinely last 4 hours is pretty stupid.

Reactions: Mossip
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT