ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spent most of the afternoon at Jeep dealership. Lease is coming up, think I may buy it just to piss PTI off.
I'm right there with ya, Doc. With kid #2 on the way, the Abarth'a gotta make way for a real FTGE-mobile for dad.

I'm finagling on a used Crosstour at the moment, as you all would assume. The "Honda Aztec," if you will.

Reactions: Mashburned
I've been thinking about getting one of the jeep rubicon's and taking those bad boys off the beaten path - we could start some sort of club doc - can you imagine

Reactions: Mashburned
Catholics vs Convicts was tremendous. Great game call from Musberger, too. I remember watching that game. College f'ing football.

Reactions: BigBadBlueDaddy
Shorts:

- Never been more proud of UK football. Showed a lot of guts getting to this bowl game after that start.

- I love this time of year so much. Goes way too fast.

- @assistbyhawkins when we headed down to see Adrian's new crib? What are you doing for the game Saturday?

- HUGE games for the Cats over the next week. Nervous but can't wait.

- Thought Cal's podcast was solid. Dude actually let Barkley talk a little bit. I was shocked.

Reactions: jayroon
Pretty ridiculous how shady of a university Louisville really is all the way around. Would be nice if a national journalist took a look at ALL that has gone down there in the last decade. It's always something. Fortunately for them, nobody really GAF about them.

That's awesome.

maxresdefault.jpg

Reactions: PTI (pti)
Pretty ridiculous how shady of a university Louisville really is all the way around. Would be nice if a national journalist took a look at ALL that has gone down there in the last decade. It's always something. Fortunately for them, nobody really GAF about them.
Real black eye for the Commonwealth and if you're a student of Kentucky history that's really saying something.

Pumping gas when its cold is the worst. And compounded 10X's if the little auto-latch on the pump doesnt work so you actually have to stand outside grabbing that cold gas pump. AWFUL.

Finishing up Hillbilly Elegy. Pretty good. The Appalachian demographic is as fascinating as any. One thing I was extremely glad to see recently was UK's recognition that even though they were rural and white, it's a demographic that needs opportunity and access specifically designated for them- no different than other low income minority groups.

The University of Louisville is absolute shit. This fact continues to be compounded by their absolute denial of their disgusting list of incidents that somehow continues to get longer on a monthly basis.

We've been painting the house for about 2 weeks. And all that has involved is trying to pick out paint colors. I've prepped walls, cleaned and sanded them... should be ready to roll in another month when my wife finally decides which shade of white and grey (gray?) she wants to use. Which will likely then turn into "Should we get new countertops that will pair better with this new paint color I saw these great soapstone counters on fixer upper we need new rugs too."

Like Harbaugh alright but that doesnt mean he isnt bodies in the trunk insane.

"Petrino apparently cheated to win a game. And it was probably easy to do. When Elrod coached at Wake Forest, he was co-coordinator of the passing game. His other co-coordinator, Lonnie Galloway, now works on Petrino’s staff. That sound you hear should be Galloway calling his lawyer."

http://www.si.com/college-football/2016/12/13/wake-forest-game-plan-leak-louisville-bobby-petrino
Petrino is delivering in exactly the way Louisville should have expected.

Yep. Pretty much.

Reactions: davtay
Only downside to this stuff is this is exactly the sort of crap that'll keep Petrino there as long as he wants to keep coaching. Any school he'd jump to will find someone else at least as good st his job without all the cheating and violence and whatnot.

Had a good discussion with a Metro cop last night who said it is an out of control environment down there with the football team. They don't many issues with the other programs but football is a trainwreck.

This cop is a big Louisville fan too. He said the shooting was a pushing and shoving trash talking shitfest.

I'm not exactly sure how to get mainstream media to dig in at UofL, but maybe it just takes a small grassroots effort. Kind of like NC State with UNC.

Someone obsessed with this stuff can gather all the links to all the legitimately shady stories since Jurich has been there, and put them in one convenient place. Several people cut and paste the links into an email, and about 10-15 people write an intelligent and succinct email and CC every national journalist that may be interested in something like that. That should be enough to get a few hungry journalist asking questions.

I'm fairly certain we are all too lazy for that though.

* lululemon still the go-to women's store, or nah? WS aside, they all pretty much love that stuff.

* Leasing a car is really stupid financially. Use your common sense. When the car company spends a small fortune on advertising trying to get you to do it, and it's hugely profitable for them, how can you possibly come out ahead? Don't be stupid.

(now to confirm, i just need krazykats to point out that you avoid taking it on the chin with depreciation, as if when you return the car, chrysler financial is just completely stunned that the thing has dropped in value).

* To my surprise, I've actually enjoyed watching a TNT drama...

p12600219_b_v8_ac.jpg

Pretty good show. Plus, Letty (Michelle Dockery) is fantastic. Hot, loves drinking and drugs. Con artist. Sloot. Solid protagonist.

* I mean, the DJIA is about to hit 20,000. :sunglasses::sunglasses:

I remember a frequent TCP poster once saying "as best I can tell, the stock market is just an instrument to measure fear." UCL, maybe? And I suppose the reverse is true -- an instrument to measure hope.

Would love to hear what Dennis and chief's Wall Street friends have been saying since the election. Obviously, it's a huge run up fueled by the hopes of our fair haired chief.

* The headline is great = "Stephen Curry hit a shot so tough an opposing coach had to dap him up."

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/stephe...ch-had-to-dap-him-up-afterward-072958112.html

:joy:

Notice, Curry is the one who initiates it. Very understated, effective smack talk.

* RIP Alan Thicke. He died playing hockey. That's sooooooo Canadian.

Reactions: BigBadBlueDaddy
I know they jumped the shark over time but the old school RIP threads always made me laugh a bit. Seeing "RIP in Peace Alan Thicke" and then seeing a pic like this...
MTIwNjA4NjM0MDQ0Mzg0Nzgw.jpg

Also liked the opponent look-a-like threads where like 8 players would be compared to Whoopi Goldberg

-Just spent 6 days reviewing/teaching a tax conference. Really kicked the Christmas season off with flair!

-A harmonica makes any country/Americana song at least 10% better… at minimum. Adds a blues tinge without being overly repetitious. Ex… Ryan Bingham’s “Southside of Heaven”.

-I don’t find Wheeler Walker funny or entertaining. Some talented musicians surround him but that shtick...:rolleyes:

-We’re also in the process of painting the whole house (walls/ceilings/closets/etc) and the wife is about to have a breakdown. Just finished a partial kitchen reno so thought we might as well do it all at once. Probably too much to take on between Thanksgiving and Xmas but meh.

-I mean, Fox’s shot looks decent.

-Thought “Catholics vs Convicts” was a solid B. Could’ve been done in an hour, though.

Just saw these in a checkout line. How are they, krazy?

dr_pepper_bites.jpg

-Yeah, nothing better than making fun of recently deceased people with unfunny jokes.

-"Americana" [eyeroll]

-ABH as a solid connection & stories to one of the stars of Catholics vs Convicts, but per usual, he contributes next to nothing around here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT