ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Last Frontier Evangelism" sounds like a pretty welcoming congregation. I'm more disappointed that people are still going to shopping malls.

I had a friend that went to St. Mary's and she brought me one of those shirts. 2 shirts that I wish I still had are that shirt and the Bellarmine Hillside party shirt.

Wonder if we will ever know the truth on this incident with those guys getting shot. I guess they are just gonna roll with the narrative that they were breaking up an altercation, knights in shining armor if not for them it couldve been much worse they took bullets so others didnt have to.

That guy is a complete asshole, sure, but I'd also like to take this opportunity to deride those parents who are hell-bent on providing enough circumstantial evidence of Santa's and the elves' existence that they take all of the magic & wonder out of it for the child. What's left for a kid's imagination if you're going to leave powdered footprints on the floor near the chimney, or Santa's sending custom f'ng videos online? Where's the mystery if a plastic toy sitting on your mantle (near the mounted TV, I presume) is some kind of spy for Santa?

I mean, what's left for children to Believe if you're not leaving any doubt of Santa's existence and his magical night on Christmas Eve? It just seems to me like the adults are taking all of the fun out of it by doing everything in their powers to make it less mythical and more tangible. Let the kids question it... that's where the fun is.

JMO.

-Pretty big #Yahtzee....Travaughn Paschal's brother. Huge pickup at DE.

-Using that Lexington Green "schedule an appointment with Santa" is huge for parents. In/out in minutes.

-We broke down and bought one of those stupid shelf elfs this year because my youngest was so desperate to have one. When that thing "showed up", she literally cried tears of joy....which made all the nonsense worth it, I guess.

Beating the shit out of that guy is one time I'd take an assault charge. Good luck getting a conviction when you show them the video of that asshole telling kids there is no Santa Claus.

My only issue would be kicking that guy's ass in front of a bunch of kids. Probably not the best thing to do. Maybe it'd be better to just grab him by the nape of his neck and pull him out of there.

Beating the shit out of that guy is one time I'd take an assault charge. Good luck getting a conviction when you show them the video of that asshole telling kids there is no Santa Claus.

My only issue would be kicking that guy's ass in front of a bunch of kids. Probably not the best thing to do. Maybe it'd be better to just grab him by the nape of his neck and pull him out of there.

I'd probably just disorient him first.

Never had Elf on Shelf, but flat worshipped this fella every year.

d46deaf940d95fbead21e03482074e8f.jpg

That guy is a complete asshole, sure, but I'd also like to take this opportunity to deride those parents who are hell-bent on providing enough circumstantial evidence of Santa's and the elves' existence that they take all of the magic & wonder out of it for the child. What's left for a kid's imagination if you're going to leave powdered footprints on the floor near the chimney, or Santa's sending custom f'ng videos online? Where's the mystery if a plastic toy sitting on your mantle (near the mounted TV, I presume) is some kind of spy for Santa?

I mean, what's left for children to Believe if you're not leaving any doubt of Santa's existence and his magical night on Christmas Eve? It just seems to me like the adults are taking all of the fun out of it by doing everything in their powers to make it less mythical and more tangible. Let the kids question it... that's where the fun is.

JMO.
Trust me - you could have Santa H. Claus himself show up at your house on Christmas Day and crap eggnog, and your kids are still gonna call bullshit once they hit a certain age. Now all I have to do is transfer that inevitable skepticism over to religion and authority figures and I'll have succeeded as a parent.

Reactions: Ron Mehico
One of my favorite cartoons.

635549369688837049-haynie-xmas.jpg

-After staring long enough at the used Pat Conroy collection my FIL gave me a few years ago I picked up Prince of Tides last night. Man... that dude could write. Hoping I can stick with reading... I've got to put the phone down, man. Unhealthy to stare at it as much as I do.

-Officially taking the week between Christmas and New Year's off. Wodie.

-

Reactions: WettCat
WHAT THISS WERLD NEED IS KRAMPOS ON SHELF KIDS TOO SPOLED TODAY ALL GET TROPHIES IT A JOKE CHSIRTMAS IS ABOUT JESUS CHRIST OUR LORD AND SAVOR NOT UR TIDDLY WINKS AND BARBYS!!!!

MERRY CHRISTMAS CHILD BE GOOD ER UR GOIN TOO HELL

WEB_krampus_690-824x549.jpg

Reactions: Mashburned
And don't worry Richie, you can still threaten your children! I do it all the time!

I'm foreign and moved to the States when I was 6 so I never believed in Santa or had any of that Santa stuff pushed on me. Still absolutely worshipped Xmas and had a wonderful time what with all the festivities, great movies, candy, lights, decorating the tree, presents, snowmen and snowball fights, and time off from school. It was wonderful.

I'm expecting my first born in February and I'm sure I'll be doing all the Santa stuff and elf on the shelf etc. etc. But either way, who gives a shit really, because unless the kid has the soul of the devil himself he'll love Xmas no matter what because its a pretty damn awesome time of the year. I'm sure they'll keep adding gimmicks every couple of years but no reason to try and resist or get bent out of shape about them. Just enjoy a brown water by the fire and let the cake bake.

Reactions: buckethead1978
#realtalk Santa is cool as ish. Pretty sure my 9 year old stopped believing a few years back and is only humoring me, and I will always appreciate that, but she still acts excited looking for our Elf every morning. Our 7 year old is #allin and I love it. Makes you really appreciate how fast time goes by when yo start wondering how many more Santa Christmases you get before some little ish ruins it for them at school, etc. Is it dusty in here or is that the last scene in "Polar Express" playing ona continuous loop in my head?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT