ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
tumblr_lwq1ivVSfT1r8gaoxo1_400.gif

Guess you werent around when UKO let us know with certainty that is merely a glorified exhibition. It means NOTHING.

No, UKO let you know nothing of the sort. However, UKO did relay the thoughts of Tiger and Duval that made Crenshaw upset. Perhaps your reading comprehension needs some fine tuning, or study up...whichever is easier. And as Jack said this week...winning is not the important thing here.

TFP.

The time is now for Lorenzo Romar. It has to be. The 57-year-old is about to enter his 15th season as the head basketball coach at Washington, where he has amassed bullet points on his résumé that seem like they couldn’t possibly all be true:
  • Thirteen of his Washington players have gone on to play in the NBA, with two more drafted this past summer. Nine were first-round draft picks, and two (Brandon Roy and Isaiah Thomas) became All-Stars.
  • Every Huskies team coached by Romar with the exception of the 2014–15 squad has had a future first-round pick on its roster.
  • Two Washington teams in the past five seasons (2011–12 and 2015–16) featured multiple first-round NBA draft picks. Neither made the NCAA tournament.
  • Romar is the only Power Five coach to miss each of the past five NCAA tournaments at his current job.
  • His UW teams have zero Elite Eight appearances and just three Sweet 16 berths.
  • He has won two Pac-10/Pac-12 regular-season conference championships.
  • His Huskies teams have finished only three seasons with fewer than 10 losses.

Good luck, Markelle Fultz!

Maybe we should take a cue from the Euros, who appear to be out there ham n' eggin' around the yard for 4 days while consistently kicking our ass 8 of the last 10, to lighten up a bit.

Here's a few suggestions from non-golfer Uncle Bonz:

Try pounding a beer before teeing off at the 1st and 10th?
Bong rips with Bubba?
Pants Nipples McSofty in the clubhouse.
BJ's for the team courtesy of Holly Sonders?
Perkins server buffet compliments of vice captain Woods?

Something to loosen their sphincters up a millimeter or two so they stop sniping at each other and put in a good showing...

Maybe we should take a cue from the Euros, who appear to be out there ham n' eggin' around the yard for 4 days while consistently kicking our ass 8 of the last 10, to lighten up a bit.

Here's a few suggestions from non-golfer Uncle Bonz:

Try pounding a beer before teeing off at the 1st and 10th?
Bong rips with Bubba?
Pants Nipples McSofty in the clubhouse.
BJ's for the team courtesy of Holly Sonders?
Perkins server buffet compliments of vice captain Woods?

Something to loosen their sphincters up a millimeter or two so they stop sniping at each other and put in a good showing...
So in other words, winning isn't the most important thing?

-Wes is going to be pissed you guys are shitting on Aaliyah, and I agree with him. Shout out to Chili too, thought she was flat gorgeous as a little wodie, probably my first true AA crush.

Ha, Chili is my #2. I liked her during the Ooh On the TLC Tip days, but fell in love once CrazySexyCool hit the scene.
Controversial take: Creep>>>Waterfalls

But of course, Aaliyah is on a whole other level. One of the sexiest things I've ever seen is her in the If Your Girl Only Knew video. Right up there with Liz Shue in the Cocktail waterfall scene.

wcc, I have high hopes for Westworld. Great cast, intriguing storyline, I'm sure I'll love it. Then I fully expect HBO to pull the plug after 1 season. Par for course.

[laughing] UKO going back to Jack again, who hasn't been involved in ages...and when he was, it wasn't Europe vs USA, nor NEAR the event it is now.

I'll stick with the word of EVERY player, coach, captain, and fan who is involved (other than UKO, of course)...Tiger included, who's tune has changed big time over the years. It's not the same event it was. It's huge, the pressure is extraordinary, and winning matters a great deal to all involved. It's without a doubt the "most important thing" no matter what PC shit a certain person may say in public.

What's next, you gonna quote some old rascal who still favors the NIT over the NCAAT? Or a coach who says "winning doesn't matter, it's about the student athlete and friendships formed"

Winning is ALWAYS the "most important thing" when elite athletes are in competition vs one another. Loser.

Exactly. Just hilarious that UKO dismisses everyone's comments but Roy Williams and apparently now Jack.

Here's the most truthful quote in that entire article:

That’s OK. I’m 40 years removed from that team as far as a player, maybe my old folks ideas aren’t necessarily the right ones. Maybe theirs are the right ones.I don't know.

Correct, Jack. I love the Bear, but things change...just ask the 100 or whatever players/captains that have been involved the last 20 years or so. It's nearly unanimous that they disagree. It's okay, really.

Does anybody go to those NBA exhibitions at Rupp? Was playing around on Ticketmaster and was shocked to see how many seats were available. I bet they've sold less than 3,000 tickets.

- "If Your Girl Only Knew" is a damn good song. Sexy as hell. People point to rap and country, but NO genre has fallen further from its 90s hay day than R&B.

- Have had UKO hidden since it was an option and never been happier with my CatPaw experience.

Reactions: catholic_back
Is the Ryder Cup basically golf's version of Survivor Series? Are the heels/babyfaces determined by where it's held? Like Bret Hart in the late 90's- heel in America, babyface in Canada.

Stay with my grandma when I'm working in Tampa. 2 am she's screaming out for me. Walk in her room and she's literally on her side and moaning. Toughest lady you'll ever meet. She's 87, on oxygen and has been steadily declining. Old gal is tired and ready to move on.

Broken hip, wrist and internal bleeding. She's laying here while we're waiting up to 48 hrs for an orthopedic surgeon to look at her. They stopped the internal bleeding earlier this morning. Miserable. Can't do a GD thing for her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT