ADVERTISEMENT

PJ Washington repping the pigs

I get supporting Cal but it seems weird to me to wear their gear. They aren't going to support you after your NBA playing days are over because you didn't play there and in fact played for a rival, and I use that term loosely as I don't see them as a rival anymore. If you stay true to UK you will always have the support of the BBN but you are choosing a team who will never support you? Just strange.

Do you all expect him to wear UK gear at an Arky practice? He wore it while there and that’s it. It isn’t like he is rocking it on his way to his next game or in public. I like PJ. Dude played his ass off here and was a badass.

Cal loves this type of thing more than some will ever understand. He's a petty man that knows no accountability.

Good bye, PJ. You chose your team.
Yeah, you know Cal loved that he dressed up in the pig gear.

The TBT team seemed to have the right approach. They all gave Cal love, but also recognized that KY will always be home.

Do you all expect him to wear UK gear at an Arky practice? He wore it while there and that’s it. It isn’t like he is rocking it on his way to his next game or in public. I like PJ. Dude played his ass off here and was a badass.
I don’t think it’s a requirement to wear Ark gear while visiting Ark. I’m not saying tar and feather him, but it’s a lame thing to do as a former UK player.

Amazingly there are t-shirts out there that don't have any teams printed on them. Or maybe one of his thousand Dallas mavericks shirts. Taking a social media post in it is as public as it gets.

Yeah, you know Cal loved that he dressed up in the pig gear.

The TBT team seemed to have the right approach. They all gave Cal love, but also recognized that KY will always be home.

I don’t think it’s a requirement to wear Ark gear while visiting Ark. I’m not saying tar and feather him, but it’s a lame thing to do as a former UK player.
I am sure Cal made sure he wore that shirt. Looks like he may have played with the team or something. I can’t hate him too much, he’s visiting his coach. I don’t like it, but we will see if he comes back here or not at some point. It would be a shame if not.

Last edited:
I am sure Cal made sure he wore that shirt. Looks like he may have played with the team or something. I can’t hate him too much, he’s visiting his coach. I don’t like it but we will see if he comes back here or not at some point. It would be a shame if not.
I’m sure the next year will be filled with goofy stuff like this one. Cal will try and have as many former guys show up at Ark. I’m sure he’s dying to try and get Davis or Booker in hog stuff, but I think they’re smarter than that lol. You kind of see who the savvy, long-term thinkers are in this split.

The best hope we can have is for Cal to be Cal and take the Arkansas team to 10 plus losses including to some awful teams on the home court and Pope kills it at Kentucky with a final four his first year. Even if we don't make it to a final if Cal is Cal on how they perform then you will start seeing these players and others ghosting him. Give it time.

I am fine with going to visit and support his old coach, most guys come for the coach, not the school.

But come on, the guy is a multi-millionaire. He has more clothes to hoop in to not be wearing that crap.

The best hope we can have is for Cal to be Cal and take the Arkansas team to 10 plus losses including to some awful teams on the home court and Pope kills it at Kentucky with a final four his first year. Even if we don't make it to a final if Cal is Cal on how they perform then you will start seeing these players and others ghosting him. Give it time.
Yeah let's hope they are built for March until they aren't.

Seriously? This is showing disrespect? If this upsets you that much you may be taking this fan thing way too far.
You may not be taking “this fan thing” far enough. Some of us come from families that have supported Kentucky basketball for generations, through many coaches and hundreds of players. PJ was the beneficiary of the love and respect of the nation’s most engaged and supportive fan base. To tell us he could not care less about his legacy as a Kentucky player is no small thing. If you think it is, maybe you need to care more.

Remember that when pj is out of the league in a few years. He'll come back around for uk fans' money.

Yes i know pj is a starter for the mavs but that squad is definitely looking for an upgrade. He was one of the weak links in the playoffs with atrocious 3 pt shooting.

Shame on PJ but Ulis was on Instagram the other day calling Arkansas Point Guard University even Brandon Knight chimed in. I understand he’s a coach there but all his former players are taking it way too far… KENTUCKY fans will be there for you way after your playing days not stupid a$$ Arkansas…. This is the reason why I’ll never ever cheer for that slime ball used car salesman Cal even when time has passed. He used UK for his own personal agenda!

Last edited:
Remember that when pj is out of the league in a few years. He'll come back around for uk fans' money.

Yes i know pj is a starter for the mavs but that squad is definitely looking for an upgrade. He was one of the weak links in the playoffs with atrocious 3 pt shooting.
Not true, in fact he was fantastic in the playoffs and a huge reason why they made the finals. They wanted him for two years and no surprise they took off after trading for him.

Not true, in fact he was fantastic in the playoffs and a huge reason why they made the finals. They wanted him for two years and no surprise they took off after trading for him.

No he hit some big shots but shot 24% or something from 3. People just remember the big shots.

Dont get me wrong he is a fine piece but if they are serious about retaining luka they will have to upgrade his position or he will have to drastically improve.

You may not be taking “this fan thing” far enough. Some of us come from families that have supported Kentucky basketball for generations, through many coaches and hundreds of players. PJ was the beneficiary of the love and respect of the nation’s most engaged and supportive fan base. To tell us he could not care less about his legacy as a Kentucky player is no small thing. If you think it is, maybe you need to care more.
I probably grew up closer to the UK campus than 99% of the people on here and have plenty of “fan” in me. I’m not going to get all riled up over a former player (who has no legacy to begin with based on longevity here and accomplishments) wearing another teams t shirt while visiting his former coach.

Many of you cannot put yourselves in these kids shoes. They don’t care about UK anywhere near what we do, especially before they played here. They came here to play on a huge stage with a coach and program known for getting players to the league and paid asap. Right or wrong, agree or disagree with the model, it doesn’t matter. Almost every recruit who came here came for those reasons initially.

Now if this were a kid from Kentucky (Reed for Example), I would be shocked to see this happen. For a player like PJ, it means nothing to him to wear that shirt for 30 minutes, so why should it matter to us?

Reactions: baseball is life
Loyalty is to the staff/coaches. I'd be a hypocrite if I criticized PJ Washington for what he's doing as my boss and I have several ex players who played for us at other schools come to our practices/games and support us. They don't give a damn about where they went to school but their loyalty is to us as we've been there for them through their lives no matter where we were. You are part of a player's life forever if you do right by them. You'd be surprised how many coaches don't give 2 **** about a player outside of their sport or once they are done playing for them.

Shame on PJ but Ulis was on Instagram the other day calling Arkansas Point Guard University even Brandon Knight chimed in. I understand he’s a coach there but all his former players are taking it way too far… KENTUCKY fans will be there for you way after your playing days not stupid a$$ Arkansas…. This is the reason why I’ll never ever cheer for that slime ball used car salesman Cal even when time has passed. He used UK for his own personal agenda!

Never and I mean NEVER thought I'd state this as I was TU all the way. TU screwed up royally. I guess he got bought... Bye TU....

Reactions: BigBlueGoo2
Zero care, PJ visiting his coach and wearing the gear they gave him to work out in. He's not disowning Kentucky or insulting UK at all. Some of you guys need to calm down and not make everything 100% personal.

Reactions: yoshukai

Just goes to show that he really did sell it as Cal U. It’s going be a little awkward in the next 3-5 years when Cal hangs it up. Like you said, Ark fans aren’t going care about guys like PJ and BBN has a long memory.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT