ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Lord, folks. Petrino's not leaving this year.

He may leave eventually, but not after just 3 years, and not after his loyalty had been questioned by everybody on the planet, including sycophants like Forde.

Remember this when you're reading articles the next few weeks about what a changed man he is, and how "it's different" now. UofL fans, God bless them, will go on to proclaim that this proves Louisville is a better job than LSU and BIRD GANG FOR LYFE and whatnot.

Reactions: gattongrad09
You guys that live in Kentucky and around Louisville have completely lost perspective. Its pretty funny actually. You've convinced yourselves that anyone outside of Kentucky gives any bit of a shit about Louisville, at all. It doesn't even register in 90% of football fans heads. They are the team this week that people go "Wait who's ranked #3? Oh yeah that's right Louisville how crazy let me go back to never thinking about them again." One person on here compared them to Miami last week I think [laughing]. I live in Columbus, OH a massive college football town that is 3 hours away from Louisville and haven't heard a single mention of Louisville literally ever. See UK fans all the time. Actually see fans of pretty much everyone all the time as its a big city.

I lived in Tucson, AZ from 2004-2006 during Petrino's first run and nobody could give less of a shit about them. Never talked about, never mentioned, just thought of as a novelty. I compare them to Utah. Remember when they beat Bama in that bowl game and were ranked in the top 5? Ya, nobody really else does either. You guys have completely lost perspective. He wouldn't leave Louisville for LSU? [laughing] Ya, okay. I challenge any of you guys to leave Kentucky and go ROAMING for a Louisville fan. I'll give you 1,000 dollars if you find one by the end of the day.

Let me ask you Chase, would you take a job across the country and leave your kids behind? Especially one with a rare/special condition.

How many high-level football coaches do you know? They're a different breed, and not notorious for being "family men."

More importantly, that's not the point. You spat that out like it was fact earlier, and then doubled down posting a link saying you know what you're talking about. You don't really know shit. You're just speculating like anyone else. It's meaningless. Maybe if you'd add the caveat, "IMO or I think" or something similar you wouldn't catch so much shit when you try to act like some sort of insider.

You guys that live in Kentucky and around Louisville have completely lost perspective. Its pretty funny actually. You've convinced yourselves that anyone outside of Kentucky gives any bit of a shit about Louisville, at all. It doesn't even register in 90% of football fans heads. They are the team this week that people go "Wait who's ranked #3? Oh yeah that's right Louisville how crazy let me go back to never thinking about them again." One person on here compared them to Miami last week I think [laughing]. I live in Columbus, OH a massive college football town that is 3 hours away from Louisville and haven't heard a single mention of Louisville literally ever. See UK fans all the time. Actually see fans of pretty much everyone all the time as its a big city.

I lived in Tucson, AZ from 2004-2006 during Petrino's first run and nobody could give less of a shit about them. Never talked about, never mentioned, just thought of as a novelty. I compare them to Utah. Remember when they beat Bama in that bowl game and were ranked in the top 5? Ya, nobody really else does either. You guys have completely lost perspective. He wouldn't leave Louisville for LSU? [laughing] Ya, okay. I challenge any of you guys to leave Kentucky and go ROAMING for a Louisville fan. I'll give you 1,000 dollars if you find one by the end of the day.
[cheers] GYERO needed this. Chad's Louisville hate is much appreciated, but this really brings it home. Eff Louisville :100points:

Most years Louisville isnt a blip on the national radar, but this year it is. College GameDay will be at its 2nd UofL game in 3 weeks, then of course you have Lamar. Like it or not they do matter this year, and get a win Saturday they are really going to matter.

Have said it 100x- Louisvillians are F'ing weirdos who have no selfawareness at all.

Could LSU, USC, Oregon, Texas and Auburn all be hiring coaches this year?

Since when did Tallahassee to Louisana become across the country?

A quick mapquest says it's only 6 hours driving the speed limit.

But since LSU is no better than UL anymore, Jimbo would likely have to sell his place in Tallahassee and have no where to stay anymore while visiting.

The University of Kentucky’s home football game against Vanderbilt on Oct. 8 will kick off at 4 p.m. and be televised on the SEC Network, the Southeastern Conference announced Monday.

[cheers]

Reactions: drxman1
Remember this when you're reading articles the next few weeks about what a changed man he is, and how "it's different" now. UofL fans, God bless them, will go on to proclaim that this proves Louisville is a better job than LSU and BIRD GANG FOR LYFE and whatnot.

In 2007, Petrino would’ve had his agent calling Baton Rouge faster than you can say “Bayou-bye Louisville.” In 2003, Petrino already would’ve met with athletic department officials on a booster’s plane. All of which is to say, I know about Petrino’s past. I was around when it happened.

This is not Petrino’s past. This is his present. And I don’t think he’s going anywhere. Not to LSU. Not to whatever job opens up once LSU is filled. Not anywhere, unless there are major or unforeseen changes at Louisville.

There’s good reason to think that.

Louisville is not the same job it used to be. The Cardinals are playing in the toughest division in the NCAA Football Bowl Subdivision.

And Petrino is not the same person he was. You can’t go through the things Petrino has gone through and not change some.

artworks-000164468043-gnxv95-t500x500.jpg

Hopefully it's 92 degrees so everyone can be comfy and enjoy summer.

Or it could be 33 degrees and raining like it was for Vanderbilt 2008. That was super fun.*

*Actually it was super fun, but for different reasons...not among those, comfort.

The sad thing about Cincinnati is that it's basically a minor league sports town at this point. The Reds are abysmal and indistinguishable from the Louisville Bats (other than Joey Votto and Brandon Phillips who are both "untradeable" due to their ridiculous salaries). The Bengals are looking more and more like the Bungles of years and decades past. The hottest ticket in town is minor league soccer, played in a decrepit run down stadium on the University of Cincinnati's (what conference are they even in?) campus in the middle of the ghetto.

Skyline Chili sucks (though Louisville has this too...so I guess???)...LaRosa's is hot garbage (certainly not comparable to the quality pizza in Louisville that is making itself known on the international pizza scene)...but you do have an IKEA, so that's nice.

The sad thing about Cincinnati is that it's basically a minor league sports town at this point. The Reds are abysmal and indistinguishable from the Louisville Bats (other than Joey Votto and Brandon Phillips who are both "untradeable" due to their ridiculous salaries). The Bengals are looking more and more like the Bungles of years and decades past. The hottest ticket in town is minor league soccer, played in a decrepit run down stadium on the University of Cincinnati's (what conference are they even in?) campus in the middle of the ghetto.

Skyline Chili sucks (though Louisville has this too...so I guess???)...LaRosa's is hot garbage (certainly not comparable to the quality pizza in Louisville that is making itself known on the international pizza scene)...but you do have an IKEA, so that's nice.

[laughing] I've never read a more insecure, fanciful, Little Brother post my entire life.

Enjoy your Cardinals, weirdo.

Reactions: Joey Rupption
Why would I give a flying F what conference UC is in you stupid sonofabitch? You just made all of our entire point about you. F UC sports. I don't give a shit about them. If they're Big East or Big 10- I don't care. I don't even care enough to hate them.

Spent Saturday evening and Sunday in Nashville blissfully unaware of the Stoops rumors. Rich Brooks and Cal might be the only coaches in the last 20 years that's never had marital rumors. Pitino had them while here, Mumme, Joker, Billy G earned his, and now Stoops. #FanBaseBullsheeit

Nashville is an awesome town. Downtown was crazy, especially with Kanye playing at Bridgestone. Hit Bailey's to watch the UK game, then hit Rippy's, Legends, Tootsie's, some karaoke bar in Printer's Alley, and finished up the night at the rooftop bar at George Jones's. Had a drunk girl come up to me and tell me I sold her a van back in 2003.

Titans-Raiders was scorching HOT. My buddy almost passed out just sitting there and had to go get shade under the stands. A guy literally passed out next to me in the concession line with his little boy watching, and he slammed his head hard on the concrete. Scary to see. Paramedics were quick, and got him and his boy out of there quick. Felt completely helpless for his little boy seeing that.

Good win on Saturday night. Hopefully, Saban takes it easy on us and we still have some confidence against the likes of Vandy and Missouri.

I ignored Chief a year ago. From the responses most of you make to his posts, I suggest you all do the same.

One thing I love about @SAECATFAN is he is the most Republican-sounding Democrat imaginable. Makes for great GYERO.

Jose Fernandez and Arnold Palmer in the same day. :cry::cry: Jose had the entire Cuban-American population idolizing him and was the face of the Marlins. Just a devastating blow to that community and franchise. Palmer was the King, the original swinging dick of the PGA and single-handedly legitimized the Senior Tour in its infancy.

Reactions: Teriecat
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT