ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
MTM3NzU2MTE3NDc5NTMyMTkx.gif

It simply never gets old.

I suggested Ulysses for the child, B$ wasn't having it. Grandfather's middle name was Cornelius.

Tortas at Marias on North Broadway are the :bomb:

Tying two threads together, my 3rd great grandfather (and his grandson/my great grandfather) was named Cornelius as well as being a Confederate Cavalryman.

I'll tell ya, I really like the cut of De'Aaron Fox's jib. Has been recruiting for UK since he committed and he's still at it with these younger kids. Seems like the outgoing kind of dude who will thrive in the UK fishbowl.

Also, he's a lefty and has a bitching 'fro. A lot to like there.

Always appreciated the older generation's penchant for going by nicknames. Dad had an Uncle Shorty and my grandpa John went by Butch.

You just don't hear many people going nicknames much anymore, although it seems to be more prevalent in African-American communities.

Reactions: SAECATFAN
My dad's dad went by Shorty. My mom's went by Tall.

Nintendo stock is up almost 50% on this Pokemon App. I downloaded it to see what the fuss was about. I get it. I don't GET it like nutjobs walking out in the street getting hit by cars but it is interactive. The fact they didn't have a way to pay to be a Pokestation built in seems silly.

Tyler Ulis needs to name his future son Ulysses that way the 2040ish Wildcats start a pg with the nickname Double U.

Reactions: Hankshaker
Grew up in Mayfield with a kid named Chris Carter.

He was nickamed "Cootie."

He played high school football, which in Mayfield is important.

He played on a couple of state championship teams.

He wasn't great, though, and never made the first string.

And to this very day, he's known as "Cootie Carter, Non-Starter."

Small towns are the best.

Reactions: Wodie Sloot
My grandpa's CB handle was "Greasy Man."

He used to cut it up with truckers on the cut-in-the-hill from his attic in Peaselburg. He was a 5'-1" mud marine in Guadalcanal and Okinawa.

Now that would've made for a great podcast.

I also have an Uncle "Hap" and Uncle "Buddy." I didn't really know either of their government names until I was well into college.

Reactions: Mashburned
Apparently it's now an arms race to be the most disgusted/most "too cool" for Pokemon Go. Which is going to be just as bad if not worse than the people actually playing it is.
Playing pokemon go is like being gay in the eighties. Defend it and you're definitely doing it. If you're the guy saying "Hey, let people do what makes them happy." You're going to be met with a chorus of I FOUND THE POKEMON SUPER FAN, GIVE ME YOUR LUNCH MONEY, YOU TOUCHIN' NERD-ASS NERD."

...That being said, I'm not playing it and anyone who is is a nerd who's never touched a boob.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT