ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, pretty sure when we say "Denver" we mean the greater Denver area.

Meaning the suburbs and gentrified environs.

Pretty sure we won't hear a darn thing about massive environmental, structural, or humanitarian problems in South Korea because it's not a 2nd or 3rd world corrupt shithole.

False.

With its proximity to North Korea, you think the bratty, whiny, self important journalist population is gonna let that low hanging fruit pass by??

You'll hear it. It will be legit.

But its impact on the actual games will be.....[eyeroll]

Remember when the Ukrainians were going to blow up Sochi? When the air pollution is Beijing was insurmountable?? Rinse and repeat. Same old shit.

Reactions: wcc31
I have been in commission only sales (commercial real estate) for 7 years now and I'm still flabbergasted that I am. I thought I was a salary guy all through college and initially in my career, then realized 3.0% annual raises wasn't going to do it. I also had a real problem with annual reviews... I mean get pumped.

As much as I hate commission work at times, the prospect of knowing what my annual income is going to be, regardless of my own skill/effort, is untenable. There are some bad days, for sure, but man those good ones are intoxicating.

Don't remember anyone complaining about deadly viruses and body parts being washed up on the sand volleyball beaches at the London Olympics.

Reactions: _Chase_
Halfway decent weekend coming up.

Wife's side of the family get together tonight at my SIL's house. Meh.

Might do a little fishing in the Little Miami tomorrow morning, followed by a dinner/FC Cincinnati date with Marge. Chad, are you and your pup going to the futbol match? Should be a glorious night on the pitch.

Sunday, going to have peeps from both sides of the family over for some ribs and brats. Always interesting to see the 2 sides of the family interact. The organic, gluten free Buckeyes and the deep fried wild and crazy Kentuckians.

We might go to the zoo on Monday, kinda hoping it gets rained out. That might be the day I restart P90x.

Reactions: cawoodsct
richie, you're already outnumbered 1-to-1 in your household, bro.

Grow a pair. Draw a literal and figurative line. No layups.

Pool party today at a formerly clothing optional place downtown. Still maintains quite a bit of its racy heritage, from what I understand.

imrs.php

Zac brown band tonight and tee ball the rest of the weekend. You're welcome, Facebook

My mailman repeatedly destroys mailboxes here in the neighborhood. Hits them with the mirror on his mail truck and tears them off the post and of course, the HOA has a standard so they're these fancy ones with scroll work, etc., so it costs people a ridiculous amount for something as simple as a mailbox. He's taken out 3 this month. People call and complain to the postmaster and he gives zero cares, so no tip for mailman in this hood.

Good stuff - thanks.

I have been in commission only sales (commercial real estate) for 7 years now and I'm still flabbergasted that I am. I thought I was a salary guy all through college and initially in my career, then realized 3.0% annual raises wasn't going to do it. I also had a real problem with annual reviews... I mean get pumped.

As much as I hate commission work at times, the prospect of knowing what my annual income is going to be, regardless of my own skill/effort, is untenable. There are some bad days, for sure, but man those good ones are intoxicating.
We opted for a stable, fixed salary income paired with solid state benefits, with another sales income that has a commission structure. That way I know we can pay our bills even in the months that my old lady isnt slanging her prescription drugs at the rate that she should.

Her recent idea of "staying home for a few years once we have kids" was shot down so fast though. SO FAST. Turn the Netflix off, get out of bed, and go to your job.

All week it was supposed to be perfect weather on Thursday and Friday. Then last night there was a 20% chance of rain for tonight. This morning it was 40%, but the weatherman said don't cancel your plans. It's f'n pouring here. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I just want to name kids, not much after that.

I mean, I nailed the dog's name- Blue. Just perfect.

Have thrown out Blue multiple times to wife for a mythical son -- no go. Guess I'll stick with Jones, per SAE.

Thought maybe you'd name that little rascal Sundry or something OTR-related.

-Enjoy your weekly hot dog/pork butt cookout this weekend, Wildfat.

Reactions: SAECATFAN
They're awful. Don't you get it yet?
I'm still on the wagon, but yeah, their last album was almost total garbage. Still put on a fun concert though. Much better than some of the lame concerts you attend. Lame ass haha

Have one of each. Pretty cool way to do it.

Then STOP. For the love of God, stop.

That was the plan. Then the youngest one ended up being a girl, too.

I went ahead and got snipped anyway. 2 teenage daughters and a wife vs the potential of 3 teenage daughters and a wife seemed like a good time to call it quits.

My only hope for survival in 10 years will be to have my basement finished by then with a DADS ONLY room.

Learn sons. All of you.

After 9 years, I finally said a loud cuss in front of my kids (it was "bullshit," because what I was being told was, frankly, bullshit). My oldest could not wait to narc me out to his mom.

Reactions: Mashburned
All week it was supposed to be perfect weather on Thursday and Friday. Then last night there was a 20% chance of rain for tonight. This morning it was 40%, but the weatherman said don't cancel your plans. It's f'n pouring here. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Shew wee. Why does Mother Nature hate you so much? Puppies scent, brozilla.

Reactions: BleedBlueCats21
Not here. We haven't had a "miss" all summer. Hell we got 2" one afternoon last week.

Nice to wake up this morning in Denver, reading all the GYERO takes on it. Visiting the in laws for the weekend. Crab boil tonight and cookout tomorrow. Love Denver. Agree that Boulder is better, but it's almost a suburb anyway. And FT Collins smells like cow shit so that's a no.

I tell you what has f'n stopped, our staining of the deck. That stopped. The rain hasn't. There was a two minute lull, but now it's raining steady again.

Reactions: _Chase_
Some LCN news I thought was thread worthy..last night the owner of L & B Spumoni Gardens pizzeria was shot and killed outside his house on 76th and 12th in Dyker Heights, Brooklyn, which is a long time strong hold for the Colombo Family.

The murder stems from a beef started a few years over a sauce recipe that a former employee of L&B supposedly stole. Well, unbeknownst to the employee, the owners of L&B are in-laws of one Frank Guerra, a long time Colombo associate, and one who gives no f*cks.

EDIT--Seems, Guerra's former father-in-law was a previous owner. So, yeah, this one will be updated as more info rolls out. A preemptive get pumped, Maxxx, while I'm at it.

Info not included in the article, and props to Johnny_Scootch for this info: A friend of a friend was one of the paramedics on the scene. He said he got hit 4 times in the back and once in the neck...

http://www.bensonhurstbean.com/2016/06/breaking-man-shot-dead-dyker-heights/#.V3Z_ZaI66M_

Last edited:
Reactions: B.B.d.K.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT