ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shit you nailed my girl perfect. Tried to hook up old bonzo but she's got a new man. Girl has a dump truck.
Umm, please don't talk about OUR hairdresser like that. She was my first best friend from my childhood.

-GYERO is quite hilarious when read in bulk.

-Salesperson here, but I'm not selling lumbar. I am, however, selling commercials in the Rio Olypimcs. Your all's news stories do not appear to be affecting ad sales, at least not for me.

-I think our mailman hates us. Between Clyde barking at him daily and the numerous packages being delivered, our house wears on him. Do you all give your mailman a tip at Christmas? What about your hairdresser?

-Sesame Street is for babies what DogTV is for Gillie/Murph. What is it with the religious types not liking Sesame Street?

Reactions: cawoodsct
Can't believe dr fathead is asking for tire shop recs, hit up your boy towery if you're going to be a jew.

Rio is going to be a mess for the Olympics.

Brexit seems to not be a problem for the markets already.

I know lumber salesmen that rake over $150k per year, pretty much any good salesman can hit that mark in any line of bidness.

I hope to never eat at a Frisch's again for the rst of my life.

Going from a summer with the reds to a fall with ukfb makes me feel like I deserve a winter with the bb cats.

$34 haircut > $75 mutt cut

Reactions: cawoodsct
Maybe I should ask more questions about normal everyday things that I should already know the answers to. But I'd prefer not to steal your thunder to end my misery.

[laughing]:clap:

Rack'em -- one of the first and last time's, probably. But your deserving hear. :100points:

Adnan Adrian look nearly identical on capaw font. That's a sign imo.

Give extra to stylist, masseuse, lawn care guys, but never do give my mailman anything. I seem to always get like 5 or more different mailman a year, so I do not see same person. Maybe I'm in training route territory.

I ask Chad that question every year and can never remember the real answer. Maybe b/c I have him blocked?

We left him something a few years, then we realized b/c he was the MAN he was always OFF during Christmas, and we had some fboi filling in for somebody -- so I assume he never got anything we ever left. (Cash money, generic giftcard, etc)

Dog suddenly started limping today. Doesn't appear to be in pain. Last time that happened to a dog, I was paying for ACL surgery a week later. Hopefully he just pulled something. Gonna give him a few days and see if it gets any better.

In 12 years of slangin loans, I've never been more shocked by someone's income than a dude who sold light fixtures. His office was in a dumpy area (Bardstown/Beuchel), and he made $400k/year.

Selling. Freaking. Lights.

You people who studied in college are f'ing idiots, btw.

Couldn't you give Todd his tip on a day that he's working?

Couldn't you?

I learned a long time ago not to be surprised about someone's money. From my job in Valley Station, to random rich guys at my modest country club who are wealthy with all kinds of weird ass/unassuming small businesses.

Always found it fascinating. Meanwhile, many of the guys who "look" rich by where they live or what they drive...not so much.

Cannot even count how many of my "baller" clients with 1M East End houses and a fleet of luxury cars have their policies constantly lapse, ask for extensions/partial payments, etc. -- while Valley Station Joe comes in with his overalls and pays his premiums in full w/ his F/C house(s) and car(s) and boat.

Literally happens almost every day.

Last edited:
BBdK asks more questions on this message board than I do. TS.

And asking questions >>>>infinity >>>> discussing lumber sales, which absolutely no one ever gives a f*ck about. Ever.

LumberKat is thisclose to Chief. The only reason you've ever even been acknowledged in this thread is because you're PTI's whipping boy, and because the dip shit posts you make 8 out of 10 times require an insulting response.

I guess what I'm trying to say is---->DIAF

People think a lot of things about me -- asking more questions than Chase isn't one of them. You start a weekly thread asking some dumbass question. You do seem sensitive about this though --- and for that reason, I'm not sorry.

reddit_log-100011890-large.jpg

Honestly, there are days I just want to say eff it all and go live a simple life. I look at what I make vs. my parents who raised 3 kids on at best $40k/yr and I can't believe life needs to be this damn complicated. It's tempting to take the 401k and go live in a tiny house in the woods or something...as long as I have good wifi.

Any word if the Glendover/Montclair/Lansdowne residents are throwing a fit because the fireworks are bringing the riff raff to their part of town?

This Montclair-ite doesn't care. Can't be much louder than the 6:55a.m. football practice field music. Should I sell spots on my roof?

And regarding the deck staining, we have put it off at least 2 years too long because Anth was wanting those rubber deck board things. And I would have helped with the deck, but it's tough with the kid b/c his naps aren't long enough to get any real work done. A babysitter would be cheaper than the landscaping guys doing it though.

BBdK asks more questions on this message board than I do. TS.

[laughing]

So and so does it too!!!! My 6 old is past this justification phase. I know you can do better than this.

Good to know there are at least two educated folk around here -- myself and krazykats -- who actually understand compound interest.

This was earlier today. I'm sure this will draw some more questions out of you, and I hope you get the answers.

I will say I'm sorry I exposed your thin skin.

Who knew Mr DIAF couldn't take the heat(?)

[laughing]

It'll take a hell of a lot more than you guys saying I ask a lot of questions to legitimately bother me.

Learn gyero?

I did advertising sales for a year or so right after undergrad. Made really good money, especially for a 21 yr old. It took me almost 10 yrs in my current field to make the same money.

But I hated sales. Hated it. I just didn't have the patience or personality to be really successful. Felt like I was harrasing people all day. And any type of salary structure where commission is a big chunk makes me nervous.

I learned a long time ago not to be surprised about someone's money. From my job in Valley Station, to random rich guys at my modest country club who are wealthy with all kinds of weird ass/unassuming small businesses.

Biggest thing I've taken away from my time working at golf clubs, the people who want you to think they have money are actually broke as hell. However the most unassuming small business owners are secretly raking.

I've seen more than a few unemployed former white collar dudes driving a new Mercedes living in a $500k house that can't pay their $1k club bill. Then a guy that owns and runs a small plumbing company is one of the most cash rich dudes around.

Reactions: WettCat
Can krazykats actually explain double entry bookkeeping?

[eyeroll]

When a transaction effects two different accts at the same time. Several examples but Prepaid Expenses are the easiest to use. Paying cash so that asset decreases while another asset acct increases......pretty much all bookkeeping really.

I can certainly be stumped here, but you are going to have to get past acct 101 to do so. I'm a bit of nerd at it and used to memorize whole tests and pass the info to class mates that always intentionally took test on different days than me to get that info.

Last edited:
Just tagged Chase on a local fb post/news story. Dozens of Florida panhandle beaches are on a no swim advisory this weekend because of the unusually high amount of sewage/shit in the water.

But yeah. Brazil is nasty, too.

Oh. We also have a flesh eating bacteria problem along the gulf coast, too. That was another front page news story today as well.

It's the same nonsense every single major sporting event. You can just cut and paste the stories from one to the next. These are legitimate issues, to be very clear. But the actual games are always great.

Do you really not remember the lead in to Sochi? The Brazil World Cup? Beijing?

And what was the worst thing that happened to the actual games??

Reactions: wcc31
And by the way. The biggest catastrophe at the Olympics in our entire lifetime occurred.....in Atlanta.

But yeah, man. These Olympics will be bonkers. Just like they are every single two years ever. Political turmoil, murder, corruption, pollution, human trafficking, unfinished facilities. The games will be unwatchable. Just like always.

- Have long appreciated the ability of those who are great storytellers. Criminally underrated skill.

- Started watching some of the old flicks on TCM. Good stuff. Takes a bit to get used to the pacing on some of those movies.

- I was a terrible salesman. Awful. Just didn't fit my personality.

- Albanese gummy bears are solid contenders.

Do you all give your mailman a tip at Christmas? What about your hairdresser?

- Nah on the mailman. The lass takes Christmas tips to her hairdresser, nail person and exercise lady.

We have enough people to buy for at Christmas
without bringing the mailman into it. That guy gets a good salary for performing his job. A bonus shouldn't even be on his radar unless it's coming from his employer.

I'd be more inclined to throw a server some extra money at Christmas time than the mailman. That guy can eat shit if he expects anything from me. Just like I could eat shit if I expected him to bring me urgent Mail on one of his 50 Federal Holidays.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT