ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
-Getting back from the Dry Tortugas camping a couple days and catching up on GYERO. Tortugas were amazing and just crazy they built a fort like that out in the middle of nowhere. Just beautiful scenery and took an empty seaplane both ways thanks to our friend being the pilot.

-Less than a month before the move. Pretty stoked to take a couple months off work though and just relax. Already have a trip to KY lined up in August, followed by a trip to Ketchikan, Alaska.

-Can't believe I missed a live read of everyone's favorite candy bar...all candy bars are awful, as is chocolate pretty much in general. Just too much. Don't see how any can eat a whole one. Kind of like donuts for me too.

-Officially sent off for my 50 ton capts license. Wonder if I'll ever actually use it.

I love Bill Simmons. I like his columns, podcasts and even his books. Hell, even his documentaries are pretty good although I don't think 30 for 30 was as good as advertised.

You know what I don't like? Grantland, the Ringer and all the other crap he tries to do. For every Zach Lowe, there's about 50 Rembrants, Robert Mays, Bill Barnwells, Juliet Litman and that hipsterish nerdy Asian sportswriter who writes way too much about Jeremy Lin.

I wish he'd get that his column and podcasts are the value and all the other chumps are being carried by his talent.

Reactions: wcc31
Pretty flattered chase took all that time digging up my post and going through the effort. Cute.

I was wrong about Murray admittedly and glad Cal scrapped the combo guard experiment with him and saved his stock by letting him go pure 2G snipe mode. But Matthews still has good upside if he can knock down a few shots. Beliein gets a lot out of his kids and wouldn't be shocked if he gets drafted after his time in Ann Arbor. He won't be under the microscope and will be allowed to blossom.

Feel free to throw this post in your archives too, douche.

Reactions: wcc31
Hey Rogue what bar you work at? My buddy is going down there this weekend. He's a big tipper.

Any predictions on what England decides to do today? What happens to world markets tomorrow? They aren't expected to announce any results until 1:00am ET but would think we might hear something before then

Any predictions on what England decides to do today? What happens to world markets tomorrow? They aren't expected to announce any results until 1:00am ET but would think we might hear something before then

The bookies in Britain said it's a lock that England stays in the EU, per a 30 second news snippet I saw yesterday on the news. Please keep this in GYERO.

Can't wait to be around SAE during our next coach's tenure. If he's that miserable now in the middle of a modern day golden era for UK Basketball what is he going be like during a down cycle?

Jesus, dude. Get that any reasonable person could argue we should have at least one more title in the last 7 years but it's not the best of 7 & unfortunately weird shit happens. Just because we have had loads of talent come through doesn't mean we should win it every single year. Especially considering how difficult it is to take a new crop of young dudes every year and mold them into a team. This program has been around for 113 years & we have 8 titles. It's not like we've won 80 something national championships.

Cal will win at least one more before he retires. As revered as someone like Coach K is he lost a ton of Final Four games before winning titles and then had a 9 year drought before winning another in 2001. People point out the 4 championships but forget the early first round exits to Mercer and Lehigh. If that happened to Cal he would be crucified.

Not miserable at all. Enjoying the ride, bub. Great assembler of talent. Excellent coach. But I'm going to poke fun at him for some of these misses if that's okay with you. Let me know!
I, for one, enjoy it. Hatboggan, even.

And it's stuff I couldn't get away with saying on here because it would be BKH redass alert.

Keep on keeping on, SAE.

Draft Randos:

1. Simmons
2. Ingram
3. Murray
4. Bender
5. Hield
6. Dunn

Sleepers:

Demetrius Jackson -- Feel like he's one of the safter picks in the entire draft
De'Andry Bembry
Malcolm Brogdon -- NBA body, just knows how to play. Rotation player from Day 1 imo

Bust:

Deyonta Davis
Wade Baldwin
Diamond Stone

Biggest hope for me tonight is that the boy Ulis gets drafted 1st Round. Spurs would be :fire::fire: Would for Alex to at least have his name called, as well.

This draft is one of the worst I can ever remember -- take away Simmons/Ingram and it's maybe the worst, right there with '13. Still love it though, nobody has any clue what's going to happen after #2.

Last edited:
Reactions: BKH34
If you can't see SAE's passive aggressiveness for what it is, I don't know what to tell you. I personally love it.

Cal gets blown 24/7/365 by 99.9% of cat fans. It doesn't hurt to give him a little shit for an epic failure or two. And before you respond, yes, losing to Wisconsin was a colossal failure. The season was not, obviously, but that game destroyed perfection and our ultimate trump card. For that, he can take a tiny amount of shit from 5 or 6 fans on a message board.

If you can't see SAE's passive aggressiveness for what it is, I don't know what to tell you. I personally love it.

Cal gets blown 24/7/365 by 99.9% of cat fans. It doesn't hurt to give him a little shit for an epic failure or two. And before you respond, yes, losing to Wisconsin was a colossal failure. The season was not, obviously, but that game destroyed perfection and our ultimate trump card. For that, he can take a tiny amount of shit from 5 or 6 fans on a message board.

We all get it, but some of us don't find it funny at all. Admittedly, I take UK basketball way too seriously and don't care much for SAE personally.

As for your second paragraph, F off and eat a big one. No offense.

Draft Randos:

1. Simmons
2. Ingram
3. Murray
4. Bender
5. Hield
6. Dunn

Sleepers:

Demetrius Jackson -- Feel like he's one of the safter picks in the entire draft
De'Andry Bembry
Malcolm Brogdon -- NBA body, just knows how to play. Rotation player from Day 1 imo

Bust:

Deyonta Davis
Wade Baldwin
Diamond Stone

Biggest hope for me tonight is that the boy Ulis gets drafted 1st Round. Spurs would be :fire::fire:

This draft is one of the worst I can ever remember -- take away Simmons/Ingram and it's maybe the worst, right there with '13. Still love it though, nobody has any clue what's going to happen after #2.

Good post.

As I've mentioned 100x, I think Brice Johnson will be a steal. I also like Isaiah Whitehead, Isaiah Cousins and Gary Payton.

Ulis's stock has tanked. Went from late lotto to 2nd round on most mocks. I guess it was all the hip thing.

I didn't like Wade Baldwin at all last year and certainly didn't see the explosiveness and athleticism being talked about.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT