ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
What happened with that job, Chief? Seems pretty strange to brag about a job you had in the past if you aren't in a better position today.

What did they rank it last year?

And to answer your question that ended with a period, not much.
Look, I wasn't a consultant. Just had a back office job. Got to read a lot of white papers on some big companies though. Doesn't and didn't really matter to me what it was ranked. Got a free trip to Hawaii out of it.

I'm sure Dennis and maybe you have heard of McKinsey. Several partners left them to form MMG.

It was a statement, not a question.

smiley-killing-himself.gif

What happened with that job, Chief? Seems pretty strange to brag about a job you had in the past if you aren't in a better position today.
I wasn't bragging. You opened the can of worms thinking you were being cute. It just so happens, that of all the jobs you never dreamed I'd have, working for a consulting firm was one.

To answer your question, the company went through several mergers that weren't a great match. The larger company went bankrupt during the dot com bubble.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitchell_Madison_Group

"Funny you say that, I actually worked for a consulting group. I wasn't a consultant, I was just a paper pusher, but I did work at one"

That could have saved all of these posts mocking you and you trying to prove yourself.

"Funny you say that, I actually worked for a consulting group. I wasn't a consultant, I was just a paper pusher, but I did work at one"

That could have saved all of these posts mocking you and you trying to prove yourself.
I'll hire you as PR when we open.

Per that Wiki page, looks like he really was part of that company "Recently, the Mitchell Madison Group has beefed up its Big Data analytics capabilities by hiring a Chief..."

Reactions: _Chase_
Interesting piece on grade inflation in college.

A recent study revealed that 42 percent of four-year college grades are A’s, and 77 percent are either A’s or B’s. According to Inside Higher Ed, “At four-year schools, awarding of A’s has been going up five to six percentage points per decade and A’s are now three times more common than they were in 1960.” At Yale, 62 percent of grades were in the A range in the spring of 2012. That figure was only 10 percent in 1963.

The clear implication here was that you worked as a consultant and not as a janitor.
Is it? I don't think a jury would buy that.

I've got some things to go do so I will give you all a break. I actually laughed when I read that this morning knowing how it would play out. If you are going to have me and Krazy working together in the future, avoid print advertising.

Last edited:
Food for thought:

Considering how the season went and the shadow cast from Tyler Ulis's brilliance, is Jamal Murray the most underrated Wildcat under Calipari? I'd say so, although one could argue Doron Lamb deserves a lot more love, too.

Food for thought:

Considering how the season went and the shadow cast from Tyler Ulis's brilliance, is Jamal Murray the most underrated Wildcat under Calipari? I'd say so, although one could argue Doron Lamb deserves a lot more love, too.

I mean, if you would've told me preseason, dude was going to average 20ppg and be nine 3s away from Steph Curry's freshman record, I would've been like :scream:

As it is, I feel like we're all more :zzz:.

Food for thought:

Doron Lamb is the most underrated Kentucky player ever IMO. I'd imagine most people wouldn't think he was statistically the best 3-point shooter in the history of the program.

I know NJT has brought up Scott Charlton (UK vine guy) on here before as a heck of a Twitter follow. Going back and looking at some of Scott's posts from the last month, I'd say Terrence Jones might even be a touch underrated.

I still think Brandon Knight is the most underrated, even though he is rated pretty highly. Those clutch shots aren't talked about near as much since Ar. Harrison. I'm not sure he gets near enough respect for that shot against tOSU, and the game-winning layup against Princeton is basically never mentioned. The guy led us out of our FF drought, and he's rarely mentioned.

Murray was a great scorer, but he really didn't do jack shit here from a long-term perspective.

Jamal Murray was an absolute bucket machine, but I can't for the life of me understand why anyone in the NBA can think he would ever be a point guard. What did he do at Kentucky to suggest he's capable of running point in The Association??

Reactions: WayneDougan
Murray is basically a better shooting Rip Hamilton. Which is pretty good, but I'm not getting wet over his time here.

Doron Lamb is the most underrated Kentucky player ever IMO. I'd imagine most people wouldn't think he was statistically the best 3-point shooter in the history of the program.

I know NJT has brought up Scott Charlton (UK vine guy) on here before as a heck of a Twitter follow. Going back and looking at some of Scott's posts from the last month, I'd say Terrence Jones might even be a touch underrated.
Was going to say if you put Lamb out there you put Jones out there as well. Both were absolutely HUGE for that title team and when you look back you will think Davis and MKG first and you have a great in state player in Miller on that team as well.

Reactions: UK_ENGR1
From Skal, hopefully his scouting ability is a little more spot on than his performance here in blue.

"Malik Monk was one of my teammates, and I think he can be the best player on that team," Skal said Wednesday afternoon at NBA Draft Media Day. "He's a high-flyer, he can really shoot the basketball. He's athletic, he has hang-time in the air and he's very competitive. He's a winner. I think he might end up being the best player on that team."

Are we sure that KrazyKats is not actually Billy Clyde Gillispie?

I mean, there is a similar level of redneck dumbass going on there.

What would be the All-Unremembered Calipari Team?

PG Teague
SG Lamb
SF Miller
PF T. Jones
C Harrelson

Pretty solid squad, to be honest.

*Yes, Murray will be the most underrated Cal player because that second round exit will overshadow his otherwise brilliant freshman campaign and the only team he played on will be wedged between the undefeated regular season squad and hopefully a dynamic and exciting team this coming season. Knight and Lamb still have major postseason moments, unfortunately, Murray does not. Damn, that dude would have been helped out with just one, just one, low post threat.

*That said, can we get back to discussing details of chief's various careers and soccer?

*I mean, for hipsters it's one thing but if we are going to have redblooded, beer drinkin', buffalo wing eatin', 'merican males like Max talking about that little Frenchie like he's Lebron or something, then can we at least create a better verison of the game and force the world to play it? This is something Trump should pledge to do...make the goals bigger, make a 2 point line from further out, and possibly add a trampoline somewhere near each goal. Okay, I'm in. Europe is paying for it.

*I don't know where I stand on Pardon My Take. Good, not great, I guess is my take away at the moment...may grow on me.

Last edited:
*Yes, Murray will be the most underrated Cal player because that second round exit will overshadow his otherwise brilliant freshman campaign and the only team he played on will be wedged between the undefeated regular season squad and hopefully a dynamic and exciting team this coming season. Knight and Lamb still have major postseason moments, unfortunately, Murray does not. Damn, that dude would have been helped out with just one, just one, damn low post threat.

*That said, can we get back to discussing details of chief's various careers and soccer?

*I mean, for hipsters it's one thing but if we are going to have redblooded, beer drinkin', buffalo wing eatin', 'merican males like Max talking about that little Frenchie like he's Lebron or something, then can we at least create a better verison of the game and force the world to play it? This is something Trump should pledge to do...make the goals bigger, make a 2 point line from further out, and possibly add a trampoline somewhere near each goal. Okay, I'm in. Europe is paying for it.

*I don't know where I stand on Pardon My Take. Good, not great, I guess is my take away at the moment...may grow on me.

*Shaking Chad's head*

Too current, my man. Please give us some hot takes about UK football in November 2015.

Murray would get a hell of a lot more love from me if he didn't go cold against Indiana, the most important time of the year. You make your mark at UK in the tourney. Its the same reason I love Brandon Knight and Doron Lamb, who both performed great when it mattered.

What would be the All-Unremembered Calipari Team?

PG Teague
SG Lamb
SF Miller
PF T. Jones
C Harrelson

Pretty solid squad, to be honest.
I don't see how you get Miller and Harrelson on that list. Miller is a KY boy that won a title, most people remember him as the x-factor of that team. Jort's nickname and the "throw" against Sullinger make him very memorable. I would put Darkari at center, probably a 3 guard lineup with Archie...pretty talented scorer on a squad that most UK fans would just rather forget.

Reactions: Mossip
Dakari is a better choice that Harrelson. I concede that. Good choice.

I do feel like Miller is comparatively forgotten. As compared to Jamal Murray, for instance, I think that Miller is not recognized by fans for his contribution and has a bit of taint from the Billy Gillispie years.

Archie is a solid 6 man, too.

Last edited:
Murray was heading down the Goodwin path until he started making "winning" basketball plays.

I've always been a proponent of making Slamball an Olympic sport. Been pretty vocal about it on here for years, actually.

Reactions: Mossip
Bill Simmons' HBO show debuts tonight. Gonna give it a shot. Not like there's a ton of shit on this time of year.

Bill Simmons' HBO show debuts tonight. Gonna give it a shot. Not like there's a ton of shit on this time of year.

Luckily it appears as though the HBO execs are wanting to compress his takes a bit and only allow 30 minutes initially, which hopefully allows for a better Bill Simmons. He began to lose me with his long-form diatribes on Grantland, acting like the GRRM of the sports world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT