ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Messi is the Goat, got it.

-Are there any nerdy Freakonomics style articles or books about the US Soccer fan resurgence? At first I was highly annoyed by it, but more and more I find it kinda cool, and more fascinating than anything else. Curious what/when started it all.

soccernomics-new.jpg

is Freddy Adu about ready to blow up as the Michael Jordan of the sport & lead the US into worshiping futbol?

Chad Ford was on Deener today (and yesterday), and said this year will be the biggest bloodbath ever for mock drafts. Said there are more players that could go 9-30 than he's ever seen.

Chad Ford was on Deener today (and yesterday), and said this year will be the biggest bloodbath ever for mock drafts. Said there are more players that could go 9-30 than he's ever seen.

I believe it. Just saw a mock with Brice Johnson going to the Warriors at #30. I'd have him in the lottery.

I'd put Ronaldo's resume up against DiCaprio or Jeter, for that matter.

Dude is like a caricature of a modern spoiled self-absorbed prick athlete, but he's good. He's really good.

All kidding aside, soccer games are pretty fun live. I'm sure they'll be miserable if I ever actually get really invested in a team but for now, fun sporting event to take in on a slow evening with some crafties.

Reactions: Mossip
Hey @wcc31 have you been fortunate enough to go through a wineacure yet with your lass?

Those are dope. That sea salt ish they rub on your feet with a nice sauvignon blanc? Shew.

Reactions: drxman1
Went to Comedy Off Broadway to see that Matt Bellassi guy last night. He does that "Wine about it" thing which is actually pretty funny. Not so good in person, but he's relatively young. Didn't help that he forgot to charge his Macbook, and his slide show crapped out mid performance. He was pretty lost. Then some drunk idiot wouldn't STFU, was talking in a very Geeselike shouting manner until he was removed by the staff. Seriously the whole crowd wanted to beat this guys ass.

But if you like "fat gay nerds" his online stuff is pretty funny.

yeah pretty sure we all know who "that Matt Belessi" guy is here in GYERO

huge player in the YouTube comedy game that we all follow

Reactions: funKYcat75
Spin-off from yesterday's candy bar talk. Top five skanky foods that you enjoy:

1. Bologna
2. Hot dogs
3. Funyuns
4. Moon Pies
5. Pork rinds

A KrazyKats/Joeyrupption Odd Couple style reality show would kill it. Not sure where to make them live...a urban neighborhood or Shepherdsville. Maybe just a life swap.

-not comfortable with the idea of some undocumented worker rubbing my feet. I would feel so guilty looking down at them. However, I would proffer the idea of a foot-gloryhole. Have them rub your feet out of sight and I would be in for it

Anybody got any recs for wireless earbuds that aren't Beats? If I snag the cord on the door knob one more time, I may lose it.

You guys are right. Bubbles do not exist and aren't driven by stupid people, ever.

Can you imagine being on the hook for 170K on house for 30 years, and then find out just four years ago said house could have been had for 40K. Apparently that would just be a great feeling for most you weirdo's.

Trip is booked to San Diego. August 27 to Sept 3. Flight lands in Louisville at 4:05 so I plan making the home opener against Southern Miss.

Staying at Paradise Point. Definitely going to hit up the San Diego Zoo. Want to go hiking in La Joella, hit up Pacific Beach to soak up the surfer town atmosphere, maybe check out Del Mar,& also take in some local craft breweries. Enjoy some of Ballast Point's stuff & know there's quite a few other craft breweries in that area.

Pumped. Been to San Francisco a few times but never experienced Southern California.

You guys are right. Bubbles do not exist and aren't driven by stupid people, ever.

Can you imagine being on the hook for 170K on house for 30 years, and then find out just four years ago said house could have been had for 40K. Apparently that would just be a great feeling for most you weirdo's.

Huh? The market is what the market is. Demand determines prices.

And that $40k house in Germantown? The replacement cost was probably $150k. So yeah, that is a bubble the opposite way. $170k is probably a bit high, but a lot closer to what reality should be. Urban decay had reduced much of the old home values to nothing.

Learn urban redevelopment.

Trip is booked to San Diego. August 27 to Sept 3. Flight lands in Louisville at 4:05 so I plan making the home opener against Southern Miss.

Staying at Paradise Point. Definitely going to hit up the San Diego Zoo. Want to go hiking in La Joella, hit up Pacific Beach to soak up the surfer town atmosphere, maybe check out Del Mar,& also take in some local craft breweries. Enjoy some of Ballast Point's stuff & know there's quite a few other craft breweries in that area.

Pumped. Been to San Francisco a few times but never experienced Southern California.

Decent chance we'll be there that timeframe as well. By 'there' I mean Paradise Point.

Reactions: IsRichieGonnaStart

Depends on how the house continues to appreciate, you idiot.

Using the same logic, you should be pissed at making post IPO money in facebook stock, knowing damn well you could have loaned Zuckerberg 50 bucks ten years ago and become a billionaire.

Dammit- weirdos! It's plural, not possessive, you idiot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT