ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
We lived in the Jackson Hole area (Victor, Idaho--a "suburb" of Jackson) for a while. It was every bit as spectacular as you might imagine. Summers were a ridiculous string of 75-80 degree days and cool nights. Had a season pass to JHMR, so always something to do in the winter, even though it was cold as balls. The shoulder seasons were relatively short and it was nice to get a break from the summer crowds.

Put in hundreds of miles on trails in the Tetons. Hiking in grizzly country is different. Also had mountain lions--one took out a couple alpacas a few miles from our house. The local preference is bear spray over firearms, FWIW.

Underrated dangerous animal--moose. Those things are massive. And the bison are like SEC defensive ends. Huge, muscular and surprisingly fast and agile.

Visited Yellowstone several times. Always something new to see. Tourists are idiots.

The lifestyle there is hard to imagine living back east. Take the most outdoorsy person you know here in Kentucky, multiply by infinity, and you get your run-of-the-mill Jackson local. Insane what some of those people do for fun.

-[laughing] @ Posting from surgery. Well played and excellent choice on music.

Tuesday Shorts:

- This may be controversial but I just don't like long vacations. Four, maybe 5 days is long enough for me. As much fun as I had, I was glad to be coming home when I did. I'm not even jealous of my lass who's now in Hawaii.

- This Jamal Murray hype just further reminds me that we wasted a once-in-a-lifetime backcourt. Can't believe neither Poythress nor Lee ever really improved after their freshmen years. Grrr.

- Can you make it clap, no hands for me?", which seems like an absurd request for a lover.

*I'm more of a 4-5 day guy but the opp to do the Left Coast and then Hawaii for another week would've been amazing. Stop lying to yourself and admit you f*cked up. We had long discussions about this last weekend and continued this week on the super secret text thread. Summary: She's smoking and great, you're dumb and short. I do love you though and I say that with best intentions but you need some tough love after that ridiculous decision.

-Bryant, Johnson or Stone on last years team and we're gold. TS.

-Indeed but well worth it.

Disagree. In-N-Out is effing amazing.
Yes. It's fast food so the ceiling is there but as far as fast food goes it's really good.

Refuse to listen to KSR today. Can't do it.

I'm with BBdk, I haven't really listened since the season ended and I won't until football picks back up.

620052.jpg

Everyone needs to post the last time they ate In-N-Out before they offer an opinion.

I'll start:

Last ate: 2012

SNACKDOWN: Good, but settle down, people
March 2016 - Animal Style 4x4 is fat and awesome. Non Animal is good, but not nearly on the same level.

Jason Day just called his baby a "Fattie" and suggested Ellie had protein shakes in her boobs. [laughing]

That seriously is one of the fatter babies you'll ever see. I'm assuming there isn't really anything you can do about it at that age?

CfeKzhlXIAA_C2J.jpg

Jason Day just called his baby a "Fattie" and suggested Ellie had protein shakes in her boobs. [laughing]

That seriously is one of the fatter babies you'll ever see. I'm assuming there isn't really anything you can do about it at that age?

CfeKzhlXIAA_C2J.jpg

Have boat. Don't care.

Reactions: Joey Rupption
-Nope. It's just random. Was hoping G was a fat little sausage as I love fat babies. Instead he's built like a damn crossfit baby. Likely has something to do with sloots health craze but we know a few babies of REALLY skinny people that were fat as hell.

-Day's wife is silly hot.

Jason Day got married at 20 years old, when he was already a millionaire with a PGA tour win under his belt. He gets no credit from me for having a silly hot wife.

Dude decided to lay up when he should have let er rip. IMO.

Disagree. In-N-Out is effing amazing. It's like Chick-Fil-A for burgers. And they pay their employees like $15/hour, and they are all super friendly. Probably some crazy religion thing going on...which is the secret coding on the cups. Super secret and insider franchising, but mostly family corporate owned. Fresh fries. Fresh burgers. What's not to like?

It's good. No complaints... but the employee pay scale and franchising opportunities are way down the list of factors that go into me getting fast food/cheat meals. Actually, I'm pretty sure my favorite Mexican place has endentured servants working behind the counter.

People just love to slow jack regional restaurants/chains. I do the same thing with Pal's (east Tn/Va). It's really good but I see it as the best place ever when I get the chance to go.

- Of the fast food burger joints that get pimped in this thread, I've only ever had Five Guys. That's why I asked about In-N-Out and Whataburger. I'm hearing that Whata is getting close to franchising in my neck of the woods. Not sure about the other. Sounds like a hassle to get it off the W.Coast.

- WCC may have missed a golden opportunity to propose. Or he has already and I'm just out of the loop.

- After my 1st year of teaching, when I was still a bachelor and had my own money, I went with my best friend to Hawaii. His mother was from there and her entire family lives over there still. His grandfather had passed away a year earlier and we stayed in his house. All I paid for was the plane ticket. Cool setup.

Anyway, my buddy has been flying to Hawaii since he was a baby (at least once a year and sometimes twice to visit family) and our Airline was having a contest on which passenger could guess the time when we would reach the halfway point between San Fran and Honolulu. The winner would would receive a nice little "gift basket." Well, our flight was full of mostly honeymooners and older couples flying out of the Greater Northern Kentucky region. My buddy nailed the time within 1 minute. Our gift basket consisted of 2 floral leighs, fine oils and bath fragrances, coupons to some kind spa, and a big, novelty bottle of champagne. :flushed:

- Wrapping up summer basketball early next week. Been busier than a 3 legged cat burying a turd. Looking forward to enjoying this summertime weather. This school district won't start back until August 15th :sunglasses: :burger: :beer:

GIVE ME BACK MY SUMMER!!!!!

Reactions: Wodie Sloot
No Frozen Pond? 80 Proof would conclude that you aren't that busy after all.

The perfect simple smashburger & crinkle cut cheese fries:

shake-shack-logo-160.jpg

Don't care if they get bigger than McDonald's, shit is high quality perfection as far as fast food goes. :fire:

Reactions: _Chase_
Decided to get 5 Guys last night after the burger discussion yesterday. Have their fries ever come out crisp?

Ah. Makes sense.

I'm being sent to Lexington July 12-15 to attend a Professional Development for teaching freshmen students. I just completed my 16th year. I think it will be cool but all I can think about is which places have the best happy hour.

- Sometimes the hype is real. Maybe people think In&Out is the best fast food burger because it is.

- Not to be deKnoct but I'd also say the burrito from LaTaquiera was the best I've had. Now, I'm not Burritoball, but that's my honest take.

- LOL @ Anth blaming G's wiry physique on Sloot! What a dick. Maybe daddy should get his boy to the gym.

- Day wasn't like other 20 year olds. Dude probably needed and yearned for the stability of married life.

Reactions: BradentonCatFan
Meh, after the weddings over, I'll concede to maybe a morning after brunch, but after that, seriously get over it. WE ALL CELEBRATED YOUR WEDDING LIFE GOES ON.

Best time to propose is while giving the toast at the reception. Just ups the romantic vibe from a 10 to 11. Always a crowd pleaser and the bride loves a little break from all that attention.

Reactions: B Rax
Kind of agree with Doc on this one. Don't ask during the wedding, during the reception, or any wedding related activities. But, once it's all over, and you're doing your own thing you should feel free to do whatever you want. Anyone that gets pissy over that should freely get pumped.

Reactions: drxman1
Kind of agree with Doc on this one. Don't ask during the wedding, during the reception, or any wedding related activities. But, once it's all over, and you're doing your own thing you should feel free to do whatever you want. Anyone that gets pissy over that should freely get pumped.

Well, this is technically her brother's honeymoon or at least celebration of their nuptials, considering they didn't do a real wedding, so as usual, DocBoat is wrong.

Reactions: _Chase_
I have a healthy dislike for Mike Lupica, but he has Calipari on his latest podcast- 50 minutes long. I'll probably check it out.

Best time to propose is while giving the toast at the reception. Just ups the romantic vibe from a 10 to 11. Always a crowd pleaser and the bride loves a little break from all that attention.
If you can convince your gf to wear a white dress to the wedding as well without ruining the surprise well then all the better!

related- the angriest I think I've ever seen a bride on her wedding day is when the groom's stepmom showed up in a white dress to the wedding. shew wee I thought there was going to be violence

Reactions: Mossip
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT