ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kind of agree with Doc on this one. Don't ask during the wedding, during the reception, or any wedding related activities. But, once it's all over, and you're doing your own thing you should feel free to do whatever you want. Anyone that gets pissy over that should freely get pumped.
Yes, I agree. Go ahead and propose during a couples honeymoon. That would be super cool.

Even weirder than proposing during a "wedding vacation" is going on the damn honeymoon with said new couple, IMO.

I'm not a big etiquette guy, but I am a big common sense guy. You don't steal people's shine. That said- maybe it's different for gay men. I don't know.

Reactions: MaxPowerrr
I mean, since we're here and all, and because I really don't want to think about doing something special separate from this occasion, will you marry me?

Don't eff with a chicks wedding. My wife's best friend scheduled her wedding the weekend after ours which had been set for the better part of a year and the shit hit the fan. Their friendship was never the same after that and now they never talk to each other.

Happy to see Chad so giddy about his trip & other future travel plans, after years and years of pretending like he had no desire to leave Hamilton Co. No better money spent, imo -- pretty much the best thing in life, until you have kids I guess.

...speaking of which, heading to Lex Saturday for an overdue visit to meet Baby Hovey, and see little George.

-If you are familiar with Day's story and childhood, it's pretty easy to see why he desired his early situation and took the opportunity Dude seems as content as is gets, good for him.

Last edited:
Reactions: anthonys735
Don't eff with a chicks wedding. My wife's best friend scheduled her wedding the weekend after ours which had been set for the better part of a year and the shit hit the fan. Their friendship was never the same after that and now they never talk to each other.

Well, that's just some catty shit right there.

Was at a wedding weekend before last. Girl sitting next to me was getting married the following week. Bride and her were yukking it up about it. Didn't draw any real sense of shine stealing. Just seemed like two chicks that were happy to be getting married, and both were gonna have their day.

- BurgerFi is my go to here.

- Looking at options for when this campaign is over...cities I'm considering with this firm:

Berkely
Lexington
DC
Raleigh
Chicago

Might even end up staying here. Have really taken a liking to Lincoln/Omaha.

- New girl took a job in San Fran, ended that.

- Excited for the Calipari 30 for 30...but it seems premature. He's got another how many years left?

- Heard the Curb news the other day in an interview with Leon. One of the most rewatchable shows ever.

- Need a beach.

Why Berkley #1?

Does Tommy have some sort of Asian fetish?

Seems like DC would be the mecca for a budding young lobbyist.

Because that is best area by far if we're just talking about living. DC is pretty awesome as well but I'm not sure about living there long term. Chicago winters, no thanks.

Lets be honest, your wife wore a dress that her friend tried on but it looked better on your wife than her friend but like her friend is pissed because she saw it first and YOU DIDN'T UNLOAD THE DISHWASHER LIKE YOU SAID YOU SOB NOW I HAVE TO BREAK PLATES TO GET YOUR ATTENTION btw the oil light in the car has been on for 7 weeks so maybe you can fix that you stupid, lazy f LEAVE ME ALONE.

- DC would be #1...but I wouldn't have as good a position there as I would in some of the smaller markets. Obviously super competitive and I'm just getting my start.

- Berkeley is the most intriguing.

- Raleigh is a really cool and young city. Close to my NC home and an hour and a half from the beach. Would have a really good spot opportunity there.

- Chicago and Lex I both like as I know people in each and don't really want to completely start over again.

- Got offered a REALLY good position in Idaho...but no thanks.

I thought Raleigh was considered a pretty cool area for youngsters?

Dulp- you just addressed that.

The correct answer is DC. At some point if he actually wants to put himself on a legitimate upward career trajectory the best looking women and the best bar scene can't be the determining factors. The professional connections to be had in the DC area completely trump whatever any other place on the list has to offer if he plans to be a career lobbyist.

It's not like DC is void of women or bars.

Tommy will have to step up the cotton candy vodka though...

Brand new job --> set the world on fire --> make some money and settle into nice gig --> slam into a brick wall --> unemployment --> find a new job --> repeat process infinity.

(all in the span of 6 months)

If I've learned one thing from bellydancer about a career in politics, that's it. Good luck on your next adventure, Thomas. You're gonna crush it!!!

Well, this is technically her brother's honeymoon or at least celebration of their nuptials, considering they didn't do a real wedding, so as usual, DocBoat is wrong.

I wasn't aware of this, so I'd like to formally rescind my agreement with Doc.

Reactions: wcc31
FUN FACT - I actually attended UK Law thinking, "Hey, I might want to do politics one day and this will be a good place to make connections." And then I met the people who REALLY wanted to do politics and I quietly smothered that thought in its sleep.
I didn't do all that well in law school but I'm pretty sure I pegged all of my classmates who would eventually run for office within a week of being in class.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT