ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've never had either, but I've heard lots of good things about In and Out and Whataburger. So, if you had a choice, which chain would you like to see come to the Bluegrass?

Whataburger fries are nothing to write home about. And the ketchup is the worst I've had of any burger chain. Having said that, Whataburger is the answer.

Interesting, tell us more about this In & Out you've learned about selling lumber.

Not so much that I learned anything about it specifically or its products.

But when one client builds Texas Roadhouse, Bubba's 33, Panda Express, BW's, Chili's, Longhorns, Zoe's, and a few other small specialty restaurants. Then another client builds Logan's, Captain D's, Dairy Queen, Johnny Rockets, Cracker Barrel and a few other smaller national concepts you begin to pay attention to who builds what/where and how fast those concepts are growing and what concepts they compete with.

Currently have jobs going in Texas, Indiana and NY and soon to be FL, TN, MI, AZ and CT added to the list. So I follow a little bit on a national scene.

It's annoying how the local news is whitewashing the murder of this Alex Johnson guy. They keep referring to him as a "UK chef" who was beaten to death by his friends. That's technically true, but he was also a drug dealer who was beaten to death by his criminal associates who then robbed him of $40,000 cash and 26 pounds of pot. How about a little context for the public? I think it makes a difference that this guy was in over his head in the drug trade and not just some random kid beaten to death on the street. Seems irresponsible.
There is very little I read anymore that I take very serious. After about a decade of working in situations where I've had direct access to police reports- and then reading media reporting on many of those incidents- it's pretty disappointing how bad they miss the real story.

I don't have a bear repellent story but I've had a solid mace story... College roommate and his girlfriend were in our shared bathroom after a night at Fishtank. I heard her begin screaming violently for help, to call an ambulance. I initially thought for a split second he may have hit or something (he was the nicest guy ever though-wasn't a rational thought). He quickly ran out to explain that in her drunken state, she didn't realize her key-chain mace spray had leaked in her purse where her contact lenses case was. When she took her contacts out- she rubbed that stuff right in her eyeballs.

Best thing sbout Simmons ESPN site was pop culture. Some of the best have moved on.
The best thing about Simmons was that no one had ever done the whole "I'm the voice of the common fan with some pop culture jokes and references to my buddies thrown in" thing before.

Now A.) That's the angle of every blogger on the planet. And B.) It's kind of hard to pull it off when you leave your hometown, move to L.A., become a multi-millionaire, and know all the athletes personally.

It's annoying how the local news is whitewashing the murder of this Alex Johnson guy. They keep referring to him as a "UK chef" who was beaten to death by his friends. That's technically true, but he was also a drug dealer who was beaten to death by his criminal associates who then robbed him of $40,000 cash and 26 pounds of pot. How about a little context for the public? I think it makes a difference that this guy was in over his head in the drug trade and not just some random kid beaten to death on the street. Seems irresponsible.
Similar to the Howell kid that got caught with all those guns in LA planning on attacking a gay pride parade... coming out today that he was actually gay and didn't really make any comments about causing harm to the parade.

Smh.

Interesting promotional campaign by the Ghostbuster's franchise: use the majority of your ad budget showcasing NBA players that aren't actually in the movie. Could just work, imo.

Tonight we mourn the loss of local high school teacher Walter White. Mr. White was murdered by white supremacists. This senseless act of violence certainly calls into question our nation's gun laws when a hate group could acquire the weapons to murder a high school science teacher. Mr. White leaves behind a wife and two kids, one of whom is special needs. A Go Fund Me page has been set up for the family. Visit lex18.com for more details on how you can help the family in their hour of need.

This style Lebron would not be down 3-1 though. Not sure why he can't just realize this and takeover a whole game this way. By himself he kept the Cavs in it when they hit that flurry of 3's and still had a tie game at half.

4 games previous the Cavs go into the locker room down dbl digits easy.

NBA is FANTASTIC!!!! Such a fun game to watch when a team grabs a guy in the backcourt and fouls him 5 straight possessions because he cant shoot free throws. Pure excitement!!

Now get back out there and shoot 80 more 3 pointers.

Yeah... watching incredible shooting sucks. And what is up with those damn slam dunks?

Yeah... watching incredible shooting sucks. And what is up with those damn slam dunks?

Yep, I love watching 50% FT shooters shoot free throws. Youre right, its freaking EXHILARATINGT!!!

This game will come down to a 3 point shooting contest. If Steph and Klay hit 3's, theyll win. If they dont, they lose.

...Cause I was referring to the 50% free throw shooter and not the 4 guys shooting well over 50% from the field.

Just wait till more of those awesome college hack-fests come back around if you think the NBA is so horrible.

Reactions: nascarforthedead
I dont think the NBA is horrible at all. But its a 3 point shooting contest, at least it is for the warriors. Thats pretty much all they do. They shot 52.4% from 3 in the first half and 40% from 2. Great balance.

The best thing about Simmons was that no one had ever done the whole "I'm the voice of the common fan with some pop culture jokes and references to my buddies thrown in" thing before.

Now A.) That's the angle of every blogger on the planet. And B.) It's kind of hard to pull it off when you leave your hometown, move to L.A., become a multi-millionaire, and know all the athletes personally.

Very true. Simmons lost touch with a) the common fan and b)reality somewhere along the way.

I will say this - there was a recent episode of his podcast where his guests, who work for the website, were actually, and get this - DISAGREEING WITH HIM. Besides Jacko's hatred of the RedSox, none of his lapdog friends/employees ever, ever, EVER tell him he's got a stupid opinion - when of course, he does about half the time. Idiot still thinks Brady didn't cheat, and no one would ever call him out on it. Talk about an ostrich. House and Zach whatever, were the worst about this. So many asskissers.

Simmons needs fewer yes men, it's why his columns became unreadable on Grantland. No one had the balls/power to tell him to cut half his bullshit.

Simmons also needs a normally wide mouth. That weirdo has the skinniest mouth ever. Like he's puckering up or something. Weaned on a pickle, so to speak.

Yes. I wonder who Simmons will whine about and blame if/when this endeavor fails. If his HBO numbers suck, they won't tolerate it for all that long.

I've found it a little amusing that nearly everything Simmons crushed Conan for during the Tonight Show/Leno/NBC debacle has happened to him with ESPN.

We are seriously debating between In-N-Out and Whataburger???? SCH. Sad.

In-N-Out 365/24/7. Geez.

In-n-out gets the "well, we can't get it back home and it's a California institution and I've heard so much about it and we're using one of our vacation meals and I know about the secret menu" benefit of the doubt for travelers.

It's good but nowhere near the over the top hype.

Never had In & Out, but do not understand the Whataburger fascination at all.

-Lebron is just weird. He's unselfish to the point he's selfish, if that makes any sense. When he plays "try and stop me" basketball (like last night), he's still the best player on the planet by a long shot -- and still makes everyone around him better. He's just not wired like that, pretty much takes desperation to bring it out of him it seems.

-ABH's bitching about the Warriors and the 'new' NBA where the premium is back to skills & shooting says it all about that guy. As usual, he has a very short memory with regards to how awful the NBA was to watch for a LONG ass stretch when it was just iso-bully ball. Pretty much what everyone who loves basketball has been hoping for since the end of the Jordan era, freedom of movement, flow, etc. The "nobody plays defense" is the most simpleton take anyone could ever make, btw. The NBA got their rules right, and the offensive player rules the game -- as they should.

I really liked the longform/TV/movie stuff on Grantland. The new site seems to be really lacking in those areas so far. To be fair, though, a lot of the better writers were immediately snatched up after Grantland disappeared. That site had a murderer's row of writing talent.

Similar to the Howell kid that got caught with all those guns in LA planning on attacking a gay pride parade... coming out today that he was actually gay and didn't really make any comments about causing harm to the parade.

Smh.

Starting to look like the shooter in Orlando might have been gay, too, or least was playing one on gay hookup apps.

Skeptical of TNT, but probably will give 'Animal Kingdom' a try. Looks like a dark family drama, and based on the Australian movie of the same name where Ben Mendelsohn (Danny/Bloodline) had his big breakout.

Anyone seen the movie? Still have it downloaded on Prime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT