ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been off my Catpaw game lately, just now getting caught up.

-Spoke on the phone with Mags yesterday to discuss mine and Shootbag's podcast. He seemed pretty excited about the idea. Told us if it was good he'd love to add it to the KSR platform. We're going to start recording practice episodes for a while then hopefully launch around the middle of August. Overall message of the phone call was to just be natural, no need trying to be something we're not. I'll link some practice sessions on here, would like some of your all's feedback.

-Big shouts to BBdK for bringing me out to Woodhaven last week. Cool dude that knows how to golf his ball, despite his troubles on the front nine. He gave me 3 shots and we played a 5-5-10 Nassau game, tied with a pair of 80s, ended up lifting 10 bones from him. Good day overall.

He also supplied me with one of the greatest club tosses I've ever witnessed on a golf course. Slung his putter halfway up a tree, the thing split in two, and after he picked up the remaining pieces proceeded to throw the club head in the weeds [laughing]. Very solid, I've been there before and knew exactly how he felt, would've handled it the same way.

-UofL is going to win the College World Series this year, so I hope everyone is bracing themselves for that. It's a weird situation for me because I've met/know basically the whole starting lineup and they're all good dudes but man it still sucks when UofL has any reason to swing their birdgang dicks.

-Not exactly sure when I'll start writing for the site, at the last meeting Matt said it could be as early as two weeks or as late as mid-August, so who knows. I'm stoked regardless.

-As far as weekend shenanigans, I have nothing recent to note. Things slow down during the summer. Hope that changes soon.

- The more ESPN covers UFC/WWE, the less I watch.

- The Memorial sounds like a great weekend trip. Had no idea it is that much of a party.

- Anniversary get-together this past weekend. Good time.

- For a team that should be rebuilding the Reds play a ton of guys who have no future with the franchise/in baseball. No idea why I'm even still paying attention.

- Love when LeBatard shows random driving clips from Russia. Terrifying.

-Chicago trip was great. Great game for the Cubs win on Saturday, some Malnatis that night. Amazing how much fun my two buds and I had just being ourselves hanging out. Could not have had a better time. Miss those guys.

No stinky rooms, were pretty clean and had my buddies house with our own bedrooms. House is really nice and in a nice area. Dearborn Park(?) I think. Wouldn't even think you were 5 minutes from downtown.

-Trip home was another story though. Flew in to Midway and ASSUMED I was flying out of there too. False, I was supposed to be at Ohare. That's just dumb to me but anyway. Missed my flight last night so left at 6am this morning, get to Atlanta and we aren't going to KW, now were diverted to Miami because of winds from this damn storm.

They inform us they are bussing is to KW. No you're not actually. Rented a car and drove myself. No way I was getting on a bus with 100 other people having to take bathroom breaks and wanting to stop to eat. The drive from Miami to KW is horrendous as is, on a bus it took probably 5 hours.

-Bought a house in Clearwater.

-I don't own any salt life gear but that's on cars everywhere. Haven't noticed any effects on tipping from those people.

-Bloodline Season 2 rolling tonight. Love all the little pieces you wouldn't get if you weren't very familiar with the Keys. Kind of like parts of Justified.

Bad Chad, lol. What a roided out douche.

Four 30+ guys in a room, false. Honestly disappointed in Anth, what a rookie move. I mean, unless every other room was booked.

Bloodline 2 was better than the first, imo.

Peaky Blinders 3 is next.

It was but BBdk booked the room and sold me on it being a suite. Should've known better. Still had a great time and other than my back hurting a bit I'm fine. Plus I can call those three dirty bastards and I got to bitch about it today.

How many chances do guys our age (you are all a few years younger than me) get to live it up old school with 4 guys farting, taking epic dumps, bleeding, and leaving crap all over a hotel room these days, what with wives and kids and such? I say live it up and be thankful for the opportunity.

Reactions: wildcat1973
I mean, if a bunch of guys farting and stinking up the place is your idea of a good time, have at it hoss.

I'll be in my room.

I mean, if a bunch of guys farting and stinking up the place is your idea of a good time, have at it hoss.

I'll be in my room.

The day that I can't enjoy that, for one weekend out of the year, with no kids or hens, and get back to college days is the day you can put me in the ground. I mean if we are all in our 60's then maybe I get it.

Oddly, a ton of Salt Life gear in Nebraska. Odd considering The Great Salt Lake is the closest salt water...and that's still 1000+ miles away.

Posers.

All I know is, this guy digs the Salt Life.

Lip-Quiver-Kevin.jpg

He is what the Bahamians call a "conky Joe" according to my Bahamian girlfriend.

Hard to say really. I mean, you're looking for a narcissistic, contrarian, bully who frequently makes threats of physical violence...

put PTI or Rob on some steroids, that would probably be the closest.

It is Tuesday morning and the weather is beautiful. I wonder if JPuck is out shooting basketball by himself while everyone else is working. I hope so.

Reactions: BigBadBlueDaddy
Glasgow native Kent Bulle closed w/ a smooth -8 64 yesterday to medal and qualify for the US Open at Oakmont in 2 weeks -- that's badass, nice dude.

Final Thought about The Memorial: Amazing how well they have the logistics worked out up there -- guess that's what happens when you've had a tournament 40 years in a row.

Going in/out was not much different than going to play golf somewhere. Pretty much walking in the tournament gate within 5 minutes of entering the subdivision. Cops were super strict about loading zones, but that made for literally no traffic issues. If you've ever dealt with the nightmare/hassle that is the PGA here, it was pretty awesome/impressive.

Last edited:
Reactions: FargenBastich
Courtesy Fun Day today at the U Club :fire: I'm getting out there around 3 to start working/drinking. Any of you guys playing in it this year? Boat?

Little late but the roasting the media gave that Barnhart disciple twerp Scott Stricklin was glorious.

"So you think the punishment of a one game suspension for beating a woman, which is the same suspension length for targeting is sufficient?"

[laughing]

SEC YALL. Where the winners (MSU) take women beaters and the losers (UK) kick out innocent kids.

Last edited:
Reactions: SAECATFAN
You bought a new refrigerator? That reminds me of that one time on the island when...

You watched the UK game? That reminds of that one time at the tiki hut...

You bought a Snapple at Thornton's? That reminds of the time I stepped on a broken bottle on the beach in Key West...

Little late but the roasting the media gave that Barnhart disciple twerp Scott Stricklin was glorious.

"So you think the punishment of a one game suspension for beating a women, which is the same suspension length for targeting is sufficient?"

[laughing]

SEC YALL. Where the winners (MSU) take women beaters and the losers (UK) kick out innocent kids.
I got the sense that decision was made from someone higher up than Stricklin.

Controversial take...Key West sucks. Impossible to get to, terrible beaches, stupid humidity, Jimmy Buffet worship, crowded bars, etc. Why just not go to the Bahamas or St. Martin or even Aruba? I've been to Key West 3-4 times and have given it my all...and frankly, there are better options out there for my travel dollars.

-Spent some time in a church last night, forgot how crazy Catholics(Christians) are with the story of creation. I had assumed maybe some of that had toned down a little since I was a participating Catholic back in the early 2000's. Surely, there's a sect of Christianity out there that is like, "yeah we believe in evolution but that Jesus guy was pretty dope and should lead lives similar to his teachings."
**nods**

CS Lewis' explanation of this is enough for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT