ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure anything could be more gross than zombie Bonzo losing a gallon of blood all over the hotel room.

Ha. So, at the conference I'm at, the swag they are giving away are engraved Yeti Rambler Tumblers. I took 3. There's a whole table of them so why not?

Then I spied the venerable former NYC District Attorney Jack McCoy. He old now, but still a badass.

Also, I learned that Master of None will have a season 2 (which apparently was announced months ago), but won't be out til 2017. Then I saw a presentation with the president of Lyft. He said Louisville was a much better market for Lyft than Cincy.

Reactions: drxman1
Ozark Trail makes two cups identical to the Yeti. Both sizes are less than $10 at Walmart. I saw a couple "tests" between these and the Yeti on Facebook, and they performed the same. Basically they appear to be the exact same cup, just stamped with a different name.

I have a couple of Yeti cups, but I won't get another if I can get an identical one for less than $10.

Reactions: ukalum01 and bbonds
Was talking this weekend -- not like Yeti needs any more money, but still can't believe that aren't even attempting to reach the Golfer (or even solo tailgater) with a 6 pack cooler that could fit in a golf cart or is easily transported.

Their smallest version currently is still pretty damn big. Again, hard to criticize their genius, but the market for that would be huge I'd think.

Your regular cheap ass soft-side cooler from WalMarts to throw in the golf cart last about 3 holes in mid-summer before the ice melts.

I think I've told you all before, but I used a thinksport water bottle and it holds ice as long or longer than a Yeti. It's made out of double walled stainless steel, the same thing as a Yeti. It's $20 for a 25oz bottle.

My dirty yeti is sitting in the corner and is strictly a conversation piece because I will not wash that piece of crap with my hands. It must think it's as important as my pampered chef ice cream scoop.

Ozark Trail makes two cups identical to the Yeti. Both sizes are less than $10 at Walmart. I saw a couple "tests" between these and the Yeti on Facebook, and they performed the same. Basically they appear to be the exact same cup, just stamped with a different name.

I have a couple of Yeti cups, but I won't get another if I can get an identical one for less than $10.
Yes, but does it come with a sticker that lets me tell everyone how I consume my beverages?

Reactions: Century Cat
I feel like the key to "branding" these days is giving people something they can stick on a car window. Not even kidding.

Saw this driving through Alabama.

FullSizeRender%2011_zpseodqfjkq.jpg

I complained about not having a job, but after starting a new job, not having a job was pretty cool for a few weeks.

I will say the best part of my advancement back on campus is the building im in now has a commercial pellet ice maker. It's a real difference maker. Doubt I would ever consider a job that was housed in a spot with just a regular cubed ice machine.

Last edited:
What exactly are you arguing PTI? I personally wasn't aware of a cheaper, yet comparable alternative to the Yeti cups. Just threw it out there in case people didn't want to pay $40 for a cup, but wanted a similar product.

Did you really read my post and think I was attempting to make some shocking revelation about knock off products in general?

At no point did I ever express surprise that a knock off yeti existed. Again, no clue what you're talking about or arguing about.

Stick to picking arguments with the dumber segment of this thread. May work out better for you.

PTI's post was making fun of anyone who owns a Yeti because he thinks they are overpriced. He likes to appear to do things the cheap way.

-Don't really understand the Salt Life stickers. That a brand of something or just letting everyone know you like ocean water? Because really the saltiness is kinda the worst part.

-PTI loves Yeti he has one, he also loves to ignorantly start arguments. For instance yesterday he went on for 30 minutes in my car telling me I'm an idiot because I was talking about the average fuel economy of manufactures needing to reach 50mpg across the entire line of cars by 2025. Of course he goes on a rant, coughing, laughing, mocking... and dead wrong at the same time. In short, he's an idiot.

-Opted for Fresh market sushi in an attempt to pretend to eat healthy while feeling meh. Wasn't successful.

-Chiropractor was successful. Felt like a new man. Pretty sure those electrode therapy things are worthless but it takes me less than a minute to fall asleep on the table. Considering asking for a 30 minute session next time because some asshat was talking on his phone next to me.

-Great looking weather week. Maybe best of the year. Capped with a summer like weekend in the 90's. Enjoy summerballs.

-Don't really understand the Salt Life stickers. That a brand of something or just letting everyone know you like ocean water? Because really the saltiness is kinda the worst part.

It's a shitty brand that is literally all the f over Florida.

- Btw, Chased a thread I need your advice on if you don't mind.

-Chiropractor was successful. Felt like a new man. Pretty sure those electrode therapy things are worthless but it takes me less than a minute to fall asleep on the table. Considering asking for a 30 minute session next time because some asshat was talking on his phone next to me.

So you feel better, but you think its worthless?

K.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT