ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot of fans continued to get their season tickets and parking pass out of loyalty and habit for years and years. They'd tailgated with the same group and sat by the same people through decades of misery. Experiencing UK football with those familiar faces had become a tradition in their lives. To me moving people from their longtime seats near their fellow miserable fans and their longtime parking lots near their fellow miserable fans are what really triggered the decline in season tickets. The prices have been on the rise for years. People gave the new setup a try, it wasn't the "same" and we still sucked so they basically said, "F*ck it, I'm out." Bonus points for the traffic situation being an absolute clusterf*ck last season. It was as if the university spent the entire 2015 season trying to figure out new ways to inconvenience one of the most loyal fanbases in all of sports.

Mark Story Reads GYERO

“I don’t feel like I left UK; I feel like UK left me,” he said. “For me, going to the games was about ‘the day,’ the full experience. And they ruined ‘the day’ for me.”

"Malinda D. Burton and her husband, Daniel, attend UK football games with some of their children and grandchildren. The family has eight season tickets together.

Until last year, “we had a nice family in front of us and a nice family on the row behind us. There was no drinking going on around us,” Malinda Burton said.

After the ticket reallocation, “we had to move and we now have to sit behind several men who are loud, rude, obnoxious and vulgar,” she said. “Our grandkids who come to the games most often are 9 and 5. We don’t want them to have to sit around that stuff.”

Who is it?

Guarantee Malinda's grandkids think this is a drastic improvement.

Also, Malinda's grandkids need to be around people who are loud, drunk, obnoxious, and vulgar every once in a while. You can tell.

Reactions: JustinSphere
OK precheck was pretty good today. Made it from my apt through security at Newark in under 50 minutes. Flying to SF for a tech conference. Hopefully I'll see Chad randomly if he's still there.

Reactions: drxman1
The Cavs are down 20. Poor Lebron. Get the guy some help, for Petes sake.

Headed home from the Memorial/Reds game. Fantastic weekend with abh, anth and BBdK. The four of us just crushed every aspect of the weekend. Even spent some time with MCF today too.

Reactions: B.B.d.K.
-Not sure but SAE is going to be tough to beat. I'll start keeping a Scorned FB Fan leaderboard updated. Let's just keep hearing how each of you has been wronged the most by UKFB.

-Awesome time at The Memorial. Had no idea it was that kind of party. Infield type feel to several places on the course. Corporate house parties lining the place. Pretty outrageous. The house party we attended you could hear from a full hole over. It included a couple thousand people, fully catered, bars everywhere, bands, zoo animals. We were like. "where the f*ck are we?" Props to ABH for securing that.

Course is amazing. Was a much different experience than Valhalla because you could get so much closer to the golfers.

Bogey Inn, we all thought this was going to a cool little old school bar with a patio. Chill evening. LOL, get out of the car and there is a full on Panama City Beach Spring Break style rager at 6:30p. Place had to be the most intoxicated venue I've ever seen.

-Forgot why I don't split hotel rooms with 4 guys anymore. [sick] Those 3 are disgusting people. Just complete animals. they're going to come on here and try to defend it but trust me, gag worthy. The room smelled like mid summer 3 day old road kill 30 minutes after we checked in and that was the high point. No thanks, in the future I'll just get my own room so I'm not standing in what appeared to be blood and gold bond covered floors after I get out of the shower. Cups, bottles, food, used kleenex, coughs, puking, snoring, water fart noises, other random noises constantly coming out of the back room. Love the dudes but they are the most disgusting people I've shared a room with including college road trips and I don't think it's close.

-For as gross as they are, they are some funny f*ckers. Basically in tears the entire time.

-Not too bad today. Feel like I need to eat only broccoli for the next 2 weeks.

Any male 10+ years removed from college, domesticated in the suburbs with wife/kids would be completely disgusted & revolted trying to do a guys roadie with 4 to 6 dudes in 1 hotel room like they were 19 yr olds in Panama for Spring Break

I actually picked up the hotel room before we left. Threw all the trash away. Organized the towels in a pile on the floor. Etc. I almost always do this as a courtesy. The room did indeed look and smell disgusting.

Zoo animals at the Saturday party. I actually got anths picture with a penguin. :joy:

abh has a Hoverboard, and holy shit is that thing fun.

Poor BBdK busted his flip flop and had to walk out of the tourney for about a mile in concrete barefoot. Naturally, abh was wearing him out. Those two need a reality show for sure. Completely hysterical.

What a great crew. Always takes years off my life, but that was great.

4 guys in a room is gross, period.

Won't hear any arguments from me that Anth is the least-gross, but he also took a giant shit each day (which did not smell like roses), and definitely farted in the double digits, including shitting in his pants the entire way back from Dinner Saturday night. Hard to fathom, I know.

Don't think there is any way around 4 dudes drinking 12 hour days & eating junk food destroying/stinking up a hotel room. I also agree it's not a desirable situation -- but it was also great fun in a nostalgic type of way. Pretty sure I haven't laughed that much in a weekend in years, good for the soul.

-Tourney was amazing, everything pretty much worked out perfectly -- we ate/drank/spectated for free about 80% of the trip, hard to beat that.

Bogey Inn, lol. What a shit show & completely awesome.

-Was actually the first non-major golf tournament I've been to. 3 PGAs, 2 Sr. PGAs, and a Ryder Cup -- really cool the up-close access you can get on pretty much any hole excluding 18 on the weekend, which definitely isn't the case at the majors, which are a complete zoo. We had a blast gamboling on the approach shots & putts, while basically sitting on the fringe.

Last edited:
Also a shout out to Embassy Suites -- you really can't beat that place from a room/value perspective. 2 room suite, 2 hour open bar every night w/ food, free vending machines, fun atrium atmosphere

Took me back to Sloot's SECT Buckhead hookups back in the day.

Any male 10+ years removed from college, domesticated in the suburbs with wife/kids would be completely disgusted & revolted trying to do a guys roadie with 4 to 6 dudes in 1 hotel room like they were 19 yr olds in Panama for Spring Break
I got suckered in. Mainly b/c it was an Embassy Suites and I called the front room fold out. Heading to NOLA for a Bach Party in a few months and they wanted to put 4 to a room. I was like, no thanks I'll get my own and if it puts people out then I'll gladly cover whatever that cost is as well.

BBdk is right about one thing, it made the story more intersting, if I had my own bathroom I wouldn't have really cared.

Was proud of Anth, tbh. The other 3 had a bet that Anth would bail to his own room on Saturday night...but he hung in there. In return, we tried to act as mature and responsible as possible outside of the room -- think we did pretty good, overall.

The only thing we really argued about that wasn't for funsies was who got to take the first shit each time we got back to the room. 4 consecutive :bomb: being dropped in that little bathroom each time we returned, I mean there is no way around it. :weary:

-Ursch was the Vending machine MVP. Dude had the 9 digit code memorized in short order.

-Here is the little bar we went to. [laughing]

ab3d206cee1196279165db5edbb520b6.jpg

entertainment.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: cawoodsct
Organized the towels in a pile on the floor.
my wife is obsessed with getting this done when leaving a hotel/resort/cruise room. completely befuddles me why the most important task to get accomplished at the end is her gathering up all towels/washcloths & throwing in the tub. must have been scarred by some story of inconsiderate guests by a maid she read on Henbook or Henspace.

Congrats on all your farting and shitting.

Birds Nest at the Phoenix open was dope. They even brought in national acts for the concerts. You guys get anybody good?

Another day and I would've been audi5 to my own room.

LOL, abh killed it with the build up to Boogey Inn. "Ah it's just this little 19th Hole place that sometime the guys that miss the cut hang out. Basically closed most of the year."

We get out of the car a little drunk and afternoon tired to thousands of people, a raging band playing great music, and a full on crazy party. Took a few minutes to figure it out but within an hour we were on the guard rail belting out tune after tune. Remember looking at BBdk and saying, "it's only 9:30p. F*ck."

Only took me until 12:30p the next day to get the stinky bastards out of the damn room and that was b/c I basically guilted them into going back to the tourney. :joy:

I don't think I went to the same tournament.

Not surprisingly going with your wife and father-in-law for final round play as a Father's Day gift is quite different than 4 guys on a 3 day bender.

Congrats on all your farting and shitting.

Birds Nest at the Phoenix open was dope. They even brought in national acts for the concerts. You guys get anybody good?
Not sure who the band was but they were a really great cover band. Music selection was perfect for the party. Mostly newer pop but mixed in the old party classics as well. Brought patrons(hot chicks) up to dance on the stage about every 3-4 songs.

Gin Blossoms played Wednesday...the guys Friday night were called "Shucking Bubba Deluxe" --- they were great.

17th Floor was Saturday -- I remember them from a few college parties, including one of our own Formals.

-We walked basically the entire course Friday. Saturday pulled up at gate 15 right b/w 15-16 and didn't walk any further than a bathroom or beer line. Could see 2 full holes and 3-4 shots + both greens.

No desire to be at almost any Sunday Round other than a RC.

-That whole area in the middle of the course was rowdy on Friday afternoon.

It was just as gross at BBdK's grandmother's house for the Eli for many years. HIS GRANDMOTHER'S HOUSE!!!

And it was gross in Baton Rouge, Starkville, Gainesville, Fayetteville, Atlanta, etc.

Never will forget SAE on top of the sheets in Atlanta...fully clothed in jeans and an oxford, visibly disturbed by Pti(pti) next to him.

Still fun though.

Never this gross at Memommies. Probably b/c she was cleaning up after us and for the most part I think everyone respected the house. I've been away from most of that for the past 10 years b/c WS is always with us.

No, thanks. I'm good.

Everybody knows old trips are much more gross than new trips. Science, really.

Did the walk the course at the PGA on Friday. Saturday, we brought chairs and found a spot on a par 3 that was close to pissers and beer and could easily walk to another two holes.

Reactions: GrandePdre
Yeah, I'm not very picky when it comes to beer -- but I learned that I just do not like Heineken this weekend. That's not good beer.

-Terrance Ferguson considering bailing on Zona to play overseas?

Last edited:
Reactions: BernieSadori
- So, I assume the blood on the hotel floor was from ABH punching BBdK at some point?

- Maybe Cal knows what he's doing not recruythose Prime Prep (or whatever) kids. Good thing Arizona has 11 more 5* wings to step in.

- I thought San Diego was beautiful but the San Francisco bay area from the Marin Headlands- wow. Amazing. Love how the SF temps change 15 degrees from block-to-block, minute-to-minute. Fishermans Wharf and maybe Mission district today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT