ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Ft. Thomas Pub is the correct answer for anyone from Campbell County, Brossart, New Cath, Highlands, etc.

Reactions: wildcatadam6
Various joints in Nelson County didn't really count because no one gave a shit about underage drinking there. But my favorite Louisville joint to underage drink was Phoenix Hill.

Various joints in Nelson County didn't really count because no one gave a shit about underage drinking there. But my favorite Louisville joint to underage drink was Phoenix Hill.
They were pretty tough by the time I got there. You didn't risk your fake at Wick's, PH, Gillians or BAR/HAND. Got in once at Bar and the dude was like next time I'm taking it.

Reactions: B.B.d.K.
The entire city of Richmond was fair game. When we moved back to KY from Alabama and landed in Madison Co. it was shocking to see it sober.

Reactions: Hankshaker
My neighbor across the street had a vending machine stocked full of ice cold natty light. 2 for fifty cents. The day we discovered that was nuts

The fact that there are actual articles people were paid to to write about Cal's SEC tourney comments despite them clearly being a jab at the NCAA selection committee tells me everything I need to know about sports writers.

The talk of the SEC tourney made me go back and watch the overtime of the SEC championship game last season. Man that was a game and the place was rocking. Ulis ballin out and the Willis 3 followed by the arrow to the heart by Murray as the place explodes was incredible. Gonna miss that dude.

Reactions: jayroon and wcc31
Sorry I'm not sorry but ALL IPA's suck - TMFS.

Fam rented out a lake house at Lake Cumberland this weekend to celebrate FIL's birthday. Will be out and about on the water near Lee's Ford for any of you folks in the Ohio Navy that will be down there. @anthonys735 what's the weather for Nancy, KY looking like this weekend?

Looking at getting a self-propelled push mower this fall after peak season, @HUBER. What's good? My Troy-Bilt is finally falling apart after 10 years of loyal service.

Cubs keep rolling along. When can pathetic band-wagon Chi C fans such as myself begin to talk shit? Never? BTW, I was thinking of all the dbag Card fans I know and was wondering WTF happened to GTownVZ? He still around?

Won't be able to make Lex GEL this Sunday as a result of the above mentioned lake trip. Sorry. Be there next weekend.

-I see GTownVZ on the Facebook.

-Nancy, KY per Accuweather is -> 80, humid and 60% chance of storms for Sat, Sunday looks good with 75 and a slight chance for a morning storm.

Basically a good chance of storms for the whole area on Saturday at some point. Sunday cools off.

-I know it's not a popular opinion but I agree with IPA being the suck. Just not my flavor.

Reactions: bbonds
Watching HGTV and this 50-something dude is looking for an island to buy as part of his early retirement for himself and his mail order (presumably) 20-something Russian bride. [laughing]

If you end up actually at Lee's Ford, the pizza at the marina is awesome. Probably one of the best surprises in the last year, tbh.

Restaurant up the hill is pretty solid too.

I would love to have seen some team try to Haka in front of the 2010 UK squad with Bledsoe and Cousins.

The first 5 minutes of the Louisville game that year would look like a tea party compared to the bloodbath after a Haka intro from the other team.

Cubs keep rolling along. When can pathetic band-wagon Chi C fans such as myself begin to talk shit? Never? BTW, I was thinking of all the dbag Card fans I know and was wondering WTF happened to GTownVZ? He still around?

As a lifelong Cubs fan I think one should wait until we get through June to start really talking shit. You know the dreaded "June Swoon" and all. However, I don't see that happening so IMO if I were you I would commence with the trash talk. Gotta take advantage when we can.

Not sure how to feel about Mark Jackson calling Warriors games. On one hand, that has to be horrible to try to talk impartially about a team you recently coached that became historically notable the moment they replaced you. On the other hand, it has to be awesome to get paid a king's ransom to talk basketball on national tv.

Seems like a good dude in a weird scenario.

Last edited:
-Chicago tomorrow. Cubs game on deck. Have not been shit talking to the thousands of people saying it's finally your year, because well, there's over a HUNDRED REGULAR SEASON games to play still AND as any Cubs fan knows (or anyone for that matter) Cubs gon' Cub. That's in the back of any true Cubs fans' mind at all times.

-IPAs are :fire:. Gives beer a real taste. That being said, it's not what I want on a hot summer day or for long drinking situations.

-The Finest Hour and In The Heart of the Sea queued up for the plane flight.

Speaking of which, if you haven't seen 13 Hours, do it. That movie is great. If you can take Jim from The Office and make him believable as a SEAL, I'm impressed. Makes me curious to actually how much of it is true.

-Cannot wait to get the touch off this island for a couple days. :raised_hands:

Honestly, it would be great to see the Cubs win the World Series. But.....it might be better to see it torn from their grasp. Don't know which way I'm leaning.

- The Cardinals were on a better pace last year and we see what happened.

Reactions: funKYcat75
I'm having a hard time seeing how Cleveland wins more than a game or two in this series. James leaves the game for 3 minutes and Golden State's bench scorches the rest of the Cavs' starters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT