ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jones keeps saying on his show that the Vandy game was the back breaker for Stoops and why the fanbase is collectively in a funk. I disagree. Vandy sucked, for sure, but the second half of the UL game is the game that will haunt Stoops if it doesn't work out. At some point, you have to beat your rival and to blow a 21 point lead at home with a bowl game on the line was devastating. Beat Vandy and go to a crappy bowl, whatever...beat a decent UL team and go to a crappy bowl ===> changes the collective mood of he program, IMO.

False.

As pathetic as it sounds, a bowl is a bowl. And people, for the most part, would have seen the postseason play as progress and kept the faith somewhat.

UL is a superior program so the collapse against them wasn't as devastating to me. But outplaying Vandy throughout and giving it away through all the stupid play calls, lack of preparation/organization, musical chairs at QB, and the effing gifts of two (2) 1st and Goals with nothing to show for it were just crushing to me. You just can't lose games like that. You can't.

I opted out of my season tix after that shit. I had seen enough.

Reactions: wcc31
Not false. UofL loss was infinitely worse. I can't believe I had to even type those words.

Vandy was more like "God damn these morons, better win next week."

UofL was pure ecstasy when we went up 21 at home, and then pure misery watching them dick it away.

Those two games weren't even close, IMO.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheShowKiller
UK football talk dragging into another day? anymore room in the GOT thread?

Xing & Oing Wisconsin game is more pleasurable

Reactions: B.B.d.K.
The article on the Ringer yesterday about the Ball family was outstanding, and it's relevant since they're coming to Rupp this season.

Here was my favorite part:

“Lonzo will be used the exact same way he’s used now,” LaVar said. “That’s what’s going to shock everybody. He’s going to change the whole dynamic of the team over there. Everybody has to adjust to him. Because Alford knows I’m not giving him a player to change. He’s been watching my boys for a long time. He knows exactly what they do.”

WELP. I know who I'm watching every game this year. Because if there's one thing you could ever praise about Steve Alford, it's his flexibility.

If you happen to have a boat or massage table, stuff like that can happen with the right ladies more often than you might think...never tried delivering pizza tho.

- I just can't get over Lonzo Ball's jumpshot. It's so hideous it mires the rest of his game for me. That said, I love the idea of he and Leaf on pick&rolls.

- Favorite summer beers?

- Matthews to Xavier would be interesting. I love their recruiting model. They do a great job evaluating talent- taking 2nd tier talent and maximizing it.

- Ever so slowly, that Justin Timberlake song is growing on me. I'll never love it but I don't immediately change the channel now.

- Even Calipari's wildest, silliest ideas get him frontpage articles and PTI discussions. [laughing]

Golf: Miller Lite

Home: Budweiser

Crafty: Whatever can or bottle looks cool and summery-feeling #norichie -- Pretty much love everything Rhinegeist has to offer, and appreciate them being cans.

-Would have loved to add Ferguson, much more than Bolden. Their backcourt/wings are loaded out there.

-Hudson Swafford (?) just turned with a 29 at the Memorial. o_O

My boy DJ is -3 after 3. Goal this weekend is to do a line with him and maybe get a hug.

Last edited:
My favorite summer beer is Miller Lite. Like a midweight down comforter, a Barbour jacket, or the occasional tent, it's versatile enough for year round use.

Reactions: BigBadBlueDaddy
One thing that I can't get on board with Isrichie is his claim that Coors Light is the beer of summer. It's most def Miller Lite. This is not a damn debate.

Had an Abita strawberry this weekend and it was damn good but I don't think I could drink a ton of them in a sitting.

-First experience with Brazilian ass in that cut was in Cancun about 12 years ago. Goodness. :scream:

-Ready to let loose with the boys. Been givin em grief but going to be a hell of a time. Better be ready to roll out early Sunday though.

-Work been cray cray. People be losing their mind when it gets a little warm in the house. MCF is barely holding on over there.

-Hadn't worked out in a week. Blah. Going to have to force something in tonight. Would love to hit a nice long ride this evening or even a bad short ride.

-Bud Light.

-That New Belgium watermelon lime sounds flat awful... but I was actually surprised and like. I'm fading off the crafty train almost completely and sticking with the old school demestos though. Bud Light or Coors Banquet.

Reactions: cat_chaser
- Well, of course-> Miller Lite. That's obvious. I drink Miller Lite and Hudy Delight, generally, but was asking more about crafties.

- Love everything about Ferguson's game. Bouncy as hell and a great jumpshot.

HATE all Coors products.

Not mad at the occasional one of these in the summer:

Rivertown-Blueberry-Lager.jpg

Wife doesn't have much for beer, but discovered these in London, and loved. Taste great, but I couldn't drink more than one.

Still, was nice for her to have an available/drinkable option in all the Pubs we visited. Pretty sure Geese would love.

91378.png

Christian Moerlein's Strawberry Pig is a nice change up for summer as is the Mich Ultra Light Cider. I can drink a 6 of the Ultra Cider like water, but 2 of the Pigs go a long way.

I do the make your own 6-pack thing at Kroger every weekend. Usually load it up with IPAs I haven't had before from around the country.

My favorite summer beer is Miller Lite. Like a midweight down comforter, a Barbour jacket, or the occasional tent, it's versatile enough for year round use.
I don't think you have every drank a beer other than Miller Lite.

Man Mistakenly Books Wedding At The Castle Jewelry Store, Not The Castle In Versailles
castle.jpg

Link

The New Circle Cicular is hit or miss but this is one of their better efforts.

Fruit flavored beers, in general, are horrible. Nothing wrong with a little bit of flavor to an IPA to go with the hops, but those berry-flavored beers are almost 100% crap. If it is hot and you want a beer your options should include either an unflavored wheat beer, a lager or a light domestic. Plain and simple.

19 straight days of 10+ hours, including a complete IT meltdown at 1am will absolutely put you at the brink of sanity.

Fortunately, a 3 day weekend is on tap in Cincy with Tom Petty, Ice Cube, Nada tacos and club level beers to watch the awful Redlegs.

Abita Strawberry is great if you hate the taste of beer, and want to gash it up with a heavy dose of fruit. Our friends at Crescent Crown give us that s*** by the truckload for races, run groups, etc. they dropped off 15 kegs after Greek Fest.

No thanks.

Reactions: B.B.d.K.
- That's right, folks. Trading in the Gold Tops for Silver Bullet cans until September.

Victory's Summer Love Ale in the can is choice. Not too sweet or lemony like a Shandy or Sam Adam's Summer Ale.

Picked up some Papaw's Red in a big bottle last weekend. Not a summer beer at all but that stuff is the Nectar of the Gods and couldn't resist.

- Lonzo Ball's dad is ridiculous. During one of those big national tournaments on ESPN I caught some of that kid's game. Crafty, athletic, big. His dad in the post game interview rambled on and on coming up with all of these catch phrases using the word "Ball" promoting his kids. He will walk all over Steve Alford.

- Still have no real feel for Gabriel or Kaleya Jones' games. Feel like I have a basic understand of what Fox, Bam and Monk will bring to the table.

Think this group will bring some attitude to the court we haven't collectively seen since 2011-2012. Not quite Wall, Cousins or Bledsoe level but think Monk has some edge to him. Like that.

I honestly have no idea how to use drink, drank, drunk, drunken. I am reading up on it and I'm still confused. Sorry to disappoint you, GYERO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT