ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
It will be perfect because while all 3 want to be PG, all 3 will not hesitate on an open shot nor will they shy away from attacking on the drive and none of them are ball stoppers.

Honestly if Poy/Skal are actively setting screens off the ball and rolling to the basket off the screens having 3 PG minded perimeter players will essentially allow them to have options all over the court as to who scores each time down.

Not to compare a UK team to Golden State, but that is basically why they were so unstoppable. Everyone could and would take shots and everyone was willing to pass up a shot for a better shot knowing their shots would still come.

Still can't believe we snagged Murray this late, arguably the best guard in the class. Wow. Takes the sting out of Booker's rise & bounce...

HUGE.

Ulis
Briscoe
Murray
Poythress
Skal

Obviously. That is a fun ass squad right there.

Also makes our Bench seem 'deeper' with lots of little pieces who do different things. Mulder the shooter, Dom the defense pest guy, Lee the energy, Matthews the utility man, Willis the unknown previously out-of-service water fountain?

This team is going to be super fun to watch, and without the monumental pressure of several previous years imo. Still could use one more bulky guy for minute/fouls off the bench, and sounds like Wynyard is a real possibility in December.

I love being a UK Basketball fan. [cheers]

Finally feel somewhat caught up after last week's vacation.

Murray's announcement surprised me, since I'm only a tangential college recruiting basketball at best, but feels like a "shut the door" moment on last year and lets us move on. On that note, can we please stop discussing the Wisconsin game for like ever? Please?

Late, but I really think there's some potential for Richie is he ever wanted to start a "No Layups" brand in the same style as that 'Life is Good" stuff you see anywhere with a beach town. Feel like I embraced the #nolayups lifestyle last week and I think there's something there. Get some cozies, Tervis, Yeti stuff, t-shirts, hats, bocce ball sets, etc. all with the No Layups/Line in the Sand logo and funny drawings. Dads would eat that up. Hell, Jimmy Buffett has basically made a career out of it for 40 odd years. I think this would work. Call me, Richie, we'll do lunch.

Pretty good day at the office yesterday. Wrapped up a big thing. Of course, no financial benefit for me but still felt good. I'll go ahead and give myself one of these: :pimp:

KHSAA Dead Period begins today, thank heavens!

Clay Travis trying to write a thoughtful social piece on the Confederate Flag. One day he's Jason Whitlock and the next he's back to ripping off Skip Bayless. I can't take anything that douche writes seriously.

Nashville for the weekend. Hitting up the Parthenon and some other museums for the kids. Dining at the exquisite Spaghetti Factory. Menu Recs? (This is why summer basketball sucks. Wife planned this all because she thought "the kids would love it." Pick your battles.)

My kids have yet to acquire the taste of filet mignon and caviar.

- We've all been pulling our hair out, bitchy as all hell about this class and here we basically have the top Center, top PG and top SG/CG in the class.[laughing] All 3 have lotto potential next June, too.

- Ulis is the only pure PG. Briscoe and Murray are classic new era combos. Both have great size, too. Both are willing passers. Both can score. This has to be a DDMO squad, though. We should be able to attack, attack, attack relentlessly.

Ulis can and will play with anybody. Murray's game seems fine off the ball. Briscoe's game would be the only concern if you're looking for one, but I think Cal will adjust the offense to work.

- Biggest thing may be that this sures up Poythress as, not only a 4-man, but allows him to just do Poythress stuff- roam the baseline, finish lobs, attack the glass, get out in transition, maybe the occasional spot-up 3.

- Of all the bigtime sporting events in all the world, TDF may be the least interesting to me. I wasn't even that enthralled with the 30-for-30.

- Putting my Uncle Davey to rest today. Still remember being little- me, Dad and Uncle Dave (in town for the holidays from Florida) would roll down to Rupp. Dad would let Davey out and tell him to go scalp us some tickets while we parked. Come back and he'd have wheeled-and-dealed his way to 3. It would always end up with Dad and I on one side and him pointing to Uncle Davey on the otherside waving to us. These are some of my first memories of being a UK fan. I was only maybe 5 at the time. Still have the pennant on my wall from one of those games in Rupp.

One of the really cool things these last two seasons has been my dad finishing up his UK den and now his three brothers come over for every game. It's nice that they get to spend time together- bickering, bitching about the Harrisons, convinced the refs are all against Kentucky, raising hell, etc. All are retired and getting old. It's an experience watching a game with them. Won't be the same without Dave, though.

Davey was a one-of-a-kind. Warm, friendly guy with the heart of a kid. I'm going to miss him.

If Cal takes the air out of the ball with this team ... well ... And this bunch should run nothing but screen action all over the court.

-Sorry, Chad and UCL. Echoing SB, I'd say this thread has helped a lot of us get over a lot of things over the years.

-I work with JenRus now. She's learning who you CAN and CAN'T talk sports with in this office. Yesterday "Soccer Guy" tried, bless his heart.

-Wife has been in Nairobi for a week now, and won't be back until Monday. Single dad...shew. Finally had to take the kids out for dinner last night just to break up the routine. At least they picked Buffalo Wild Wings. Better than GattiTown, etc.

-At one point last night at BW3, it looked like a replay of Wisky-UK was coming on, and immediately the crowd started a commotion. Turns out it was a Draft preview show that showed extended footage of the lineup intros from that night.

-Now on episode 70-something of "Parks and Rec". Ben just proposed to Leslie. Just fantastic.

-It's not truly summer until "Big Brother" premieres. Complete trash show. LEGGO.

Wife left for Dallas on Tuesday after we got back from HHI. Won't be back until Sunday. So a week of vacation with the kids (thankfully they had other GYERO kids to play with during that time) followed by basically a week of being Single Dad is pretty exhausting. I feel ya, KL.

The snake juice episode is the best of the Parks and Rec collection. And Rob Lowe's consistent misuse of the word "literally"

There was a Gatti's a couple blocks from DeSales that on days where we got out early- most of the school would take it over. There was always a frightened look on the faces of their staff. Loved that buffet.

Reactions: anthonys735
The player who tweeted out Murray is the newest Oregon Duck is having all kinds of shade thrown his way from what few Oregon fans there are. He probably thinks its October out there.

BBdk, I've been a defender of GattiTown in the past, but we took the kids there a few weeks back as an end-of-school treat, and it's barely edible these days, and even the game selection is weaker.

The snake juice episode is the best of the Parks and Rec collection. And Rob Lowe's consistent misuse of the word "literally"

There was a Gatti's a couple blocks from DeSales that on days where we got out early- most of the school would take it over. There was always a frightened look on the faces of their staff. Loved that buffet.

It closed maybe 3 years ago...would hit it on a Self-Loathing Monday now and then my first year or two living over there.

The one in Valley is closed now, as is the the one on BTown Road. Not sure if there are still any around here...?

The clip where they show how the people of Pawnee use a water fountain is, for my money, the funniest scene of the series. Completely absurd.

Reactions: _Chase_ and wcc31
Holiday Manor Gatti's ftw. It was the THE spot for 8th/9th grade Kammerer/Ballard-ites. Then the scene shifted to Taco Bell parking lot, which was pretty terrible. And Cox Park.

Sorry about your loss Chad. Those are some great memories.

Parks & Rec was about as consistent as sitcom as you'll find from Season 2 up until the final season.

I always liked the Haverford/Jean-Ralphio episodes the best. Just a solid cast with Leslie/Ron anchoring.

Pure King Llama show, too. What took you so long?

-Rax, as with music, food, and just about everything else, you know zero. Daughter hit 1,500 tickets from that big wheel game last time. But nice try though!

-Chad, we had a lot more shows in the rotation back then. Watched an episode or two and just didn't click with it. But yeah, it's right up my alley. Leslie's campaign announcement on the ice is easily a top-five TV scene of all time for me.

-Still don't see what these prison staffers have to gain from aiding these escapees. I get that the woman was getting railed by one of them and BBC, but the guy sneaking in tools via hamburger meat? What does he have to gain?

* kevin love opting out, and it seems like he's gone. so, nba honk -- is this more of an indictment of lebrons leadership, or is kevin love just a no-defense-playing pansy? seems like the latter is more appropriate. very shocking that he may well end up a 1-year rental player, when it appeared he'd be the cornerstone of a dynasty.

in todays "the nba is weird" --> kevin love is a guy who can go 30/15 with one hand tied behind his back, and shoot 80% from the free throw line, and yet the nba runners-up treat him as being somewhat disposable. weird.

* murray. shew-wee.

was getting really tired of the typical shtick running up to yesterdays announcement. 3 days ago jones wasnt feeling confident at all. 2 days ago the tied had turned and he had started to feel a little more confident. [eyeroll]

that was the proverbial "close to the vest" play right there.

* murray should feel right at home with fellow countryman simeon mars still running around the program.

actually, i THINK hes finally gone.

i mean, we hired that guy like 37 years ago as a shady 2-fer-1 package with jamal magliore, and he somehow stuck around for like 15 years. wonder what he did all those years? i have a feeling his career was like something youd see on a cheesy romatic comedy movie -- one where an incompetent boob like adam sandler gets named senior vp of a huge company, but only because he has some hidden dirt on the chairman of the board.....so he wastes his days away in his office, playing putt-putt, drinking fruity umbrellas drinks, and flirting with the younger staff. engages in all sort of humorous activities, like the time he ordered a truckload of sand to be unloaded in his office so he can throw a tropical-themed party. hysterical!

yeah, that's how simeon mars rolled for a decade. lots of equity he built up with that deal.

Capture.0.0.JPG

Normally I don't have a problem with BRax. But I think you cross the line when you go after a) kids and/or b) basic math.

So you're all on notice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT