ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kinda wish Spieth wasn't so damn dorky with his mannerisms, reactions, and cheesy vocabulary...but I understand that's a big part of his charm to the masses. Obviously just a great kid.

Do think it's *very* cool how he & his caddie are a legitimate "team" out there. He relies/uses his caddy in more ways than just about anyone...

What a lucky break for that guy, btw. Then comes full circle and wins a US Open at the course where he got his start and eventually got married on? Awesome story.

- Paulina Gretzsky is just next-level hot. She could use some booty but besides that she's just about perfect.

The best awful tabloid headline about her was something like "Get this little Johnson out from inside of me" when she was pregnant. Sadly I recall getting a laugh at that.

Reactions: Mashburned
tommyg4uk looks like one of those kids in "the wolfpack."

So Dustin Johnson's caddie is his brother Austin, who is dating this hot chick from CofC and former Kentucky State Tennis Champion...Sam Maddox. Not sure if this helps or hurts him.

sam-anchor.jpg

Sounds like DJ is the freakiest athlete to ever play the game, but doesn't have the work ethic to get over the top. Harmon says that he is by far the biggest talent on Tour, but doesn't work as hard as the other players in the Top 10.

Watching him drive the ball this weekend was certainly amazing. Saturday was the 3rd best driving day in PGA Tour history, out of over 14,000 rounds.

Just effortless power.

That's how far Pope hits it, btw. Impressive.

Reactions: Beavis606
Kinda wish Spieth wasn't so damn dorky with his mannerisms, reactions, and cheesy vocabulary...but I understand that's a big part of his charm to the masses. Obviously just a great kid.

Do think it's *very* cool how he & his caddie are a legitimate "team" out there. He relies/uses his caddy in more ways than just about anyone...

What a lucky break for that guy, btw. Then comes full circle and wins a US Open at the course where he got his start and eventually got married on? Awesome story.
He wears me out with that. Not to the point I don't like him but people that just verbalize every thought that comes to mind are annoying.

Dude is so weird and quirky. Just so damn steady. Nothing flashy other than his ability to knock down long putts. Be interesting to see if he gets longer as he fills out.

What's up with the manicured 5'o'clock shadow beard stuff on tour? These dudes would have some stubble then their necks looked all lined up and waxed clean. Wigga please.

Caddy's brother called in to the Sirius/XM Golf Channel this AM on my commute in. Apparently Speith and Mike's family were just partying all night long. Dude was just leaving the party with his wife and decided to call in as he was driving all the way back to Portland to play in the Oregon State AM in a few hours. [roll]

Any super secret ways to get deals on a Disney vacation? Jesus they are expensive.
yeah, keep this in gyero tho....go in February. or September after labor day. probably middle of Nov would be solid as well.

I'm gonna go ahead and say it; John Short is terrible. I mean, I *get* it, but I cringe when he calls in. I'm glad he's a good fan, I know nothing of his mental condition or any disability, and of course it isn't personal.

"oh nuthin much, nuthin much is going on. Yer great Americans. I think we're gonna go 15-0, the wimins basketball team will go 44-0, and i think our players will be the first seven picks of the draft will be, Kentucky players."

Sorry not sorry.

Only good Seth Davis column all year- when he gathers a couple GMs/scouts takes on 50 NBA prospects.

Myles Turner, 6’11” forward, Texas: “He might be a lottery pick, but I think he’s overrated. He doesn’t have much lower body strength and doesn’t have great mobility. There’s something in his biomechanics that’s not quite right. He’s over 80% from the free throw line, which tells me he has upside as a shooter. When we interviewed him, we asked him about coming off the bench at Texas. He could have said it was because of that dumbass Barnes and that’s why he got fired, but instead he said, ‘I wasn’t good enough.’ That impressed me.”

LULZ

Also loved the Stanley Johnson (I keep calling him Williams) 'stubby arms' remark. Good stuff.

I'm typically like that Adam, but I can't help but like John Short. His calls are short, and he lives for those 90 seconds per day...and he actually has a pretty deep knowledge of what's going on and keeps up with damn near everything.

Good for him.

Reactions: B Rax
So, is PTI wiser than the rest of you Golfballs or what? Seems he made the right bet, yet all of you act like he has no clue what he's talking about.\

From Paul Daugherty, who's covered golf tournament for 30 years:

Thank goodness the players made it work. J. Spieth is Exhibit A why Woods will never win another major, and Phil should be honing his game for the Old Guys Tour.The kid has It. He has so much It, he could be winning majors for the next quarter century. He doesn't have the raw power Tiger had. He's not going to intimidate his peers. But he's mentally adept, and has all the shots. He's 21 and makes double at 17, then gathers himself to birdie 18. Impressive.

I mean, I'm happy for him and certainly glad he gets on the show *for him*, but I almost always hit the power button for 30 seconds when he calls.

So, I guess the new thing is to hate on True Detective. Looks good to me.

Oh.

Welp, that settles it. Tiger will never win another major per a Cincinnati columnist!

Thanks, Chad!

What's your address, Ursch, check is on the way... You live in NOLA now, right?

i used to think john short was a novelty, but that guy is amazing. mind like a steel trap. he brings up details from womens basketball games in the 70s. dude knows his s***.

also, he and the ksr guys really seemed to be a big catalyst for that beep baseball field in lexington, which is just awesome. im a huge fan. love the guy. hes a great american.

and adam can go f*** himself.

- Team John Short. He's the enteral optimist and Kentucky Athletics is everything to that man.

Find his memory and ability to reel off what day a certain date fell on amazing.

- Cantaloupe for lunch today.. Love it on a hot summer day. Ice cold in the fridge.

- ESPN should've brought Seth Greenburg onto the draft team. He's good at what he does and has a solid sense of humor.

- Bricker's a Top 10 pick? Amazing. Klay Thompson and the whole small
ball movement did him a ton of favors.

Oh.

Welp, that settles it. Tiger will never win another major.

Thanks, Chad!

I'm not saying he won't, but this hasn't been a "friendly" argument where all you golfballs act like PTI's side of the bet is reasonable. Nope- you guys act like he's a complete moron who has no clue what he's talking about, yet every his position looks stronger and stronger.

Reactions: PTI (pti)
Again, people talking about golf that don't understand it because it's not like other sports. Even at the best run in golf history the most dominate player only won 3 out of every 10 majors. I love Spieth but I don't think he has dominate the game talent. Rory does, but I question if he has the mentality to do it at that level consistently.Even with Rory that still leaves a lot of tourneys out there up for grabs.

Now the overall quality of young talent that doesn't really remember Tiger being Tiger is the most dangerous thing.

For everyone's sake we should all be cheering for Tiger to win another major. It would be awesome to watch. He'll get the swing back together but he'll never dominate like he once did. We all know that. Tons of golfers go through this type of thing, it's just not meticulously examined ad nauseam. I still maintain he wins at least 1 more and probably a couple. I still think Phil has one in him and as long as he hasn't completed the slam he's going to keep trying.

One of my best friends had a bout of vertigo after his senior year of high school that lasted damn near 6 weeks. Dude would puke if he attempted to do anything standing up. He had to take baths because the shower made him pass out. Completely miserable looking crap. Was "couch ridden" and as miserable as anyone Ive seen.

I'm not saying he won't, but this hasn't been a "friendly" argument where all you golfballs act like PTI's side of the bet is reasonable. Nope- you guys act like he's a complete moron who has no clue what he's talking about, yet every his position looks stronger and stronger.
Except for the bet wont be officially over for perhaps a decade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT